Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Seemingly 90% of people don't have mics anymore on Xbox.

Back in the Halo 2 days, if you didn't have a mic you were basically a freakazoid. Now-a-days... almost no one ever has a mic on any game aside from CoD, and even then, it's still becoming pretty rare.

10+ Year Old Account
    I got sick and tired of hearing the kiddies screaming about every little thing, so I routinely turned my mic off. Eventually, I just unplugged it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

They have mics, they just choose not to use them. Mostly for the same reason endersblade mentioned.

Ender has it rite.
    People are too comfortable with what amounts to strangers on vent, and don't act rite which makes some just not want to participate.
    "If you want to control people, if you want to feed them a pack of lies and dominate them, keep them ignorant. For me, literacy means freedom." - LaVar Burton.

Deleted
    There was a game after Halo?

People use mics to convey information quickly. I don't want to convey information to a bunch of 12 year old kids who wouldn't do anything with it.

Cant stand listening or talking to anyone under 16 irl or in game.

15+ Year Old Account
    i won't be on the computer without having a skype call going with my friends but i have no need to hear 3 russians screaming at everything so i always mute the ingame voice communication

90% of those people playing are little kids that rage over the mic, it comes to a point where you just get over little tards yelling all the time.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't have mine plugged in unless I'm talking to friends while playing and even then, we're either in private chat or a party.

I'd give you an inch, you'd take me a mile, your tail wagging happily all the while.

It has pretty much been summed up. We have mics, we just don't wanna use it.

The short time I played Halo 2 I would pretend to be Michael Jackson because everyone on xbox live was total ass holes. It at least made the incompetence bearable.

Quote Originally Posted by Xeones View Post
    The short time I played Halo 2 I would pretend to be Michael Jackson because everyone on xbox live was total ass holes. It at least made the incompetence bearable.
    Pot, kettle. Kettle, pot?

What pissed me off the the crazy foreign music/ or just shitty music for that matter playing so loud it would make your ears bleed and the group of foreigners screaming in their native tongue! Oh, and with out a doubt the kids talking/yelling just to hear themselves! Not worth the frustration and relaying any kind of info outside of a clan game is pointless because everyone is a one man army!

5-10 years ago I used them, these days though gamers are too fucking retarded to even bother and the average age seems to be about 12 aswell now and I can't be arsed listening to some 13 year old English prick who sounds like a girl talking crap.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    either its screaming kids or screaming russians. so no, i'l keep my mic off and mute voice chat.
    GRRRRRR

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Daginni View Post
    I have mine, but why put it on when all I hear is 12 year old british sqweakers getting pissed off that I shot them?
    same here, usually northern british people, the accent annoys me so i turn it off, but i am usually in a party with friends anyway. last year i went through a stage of getting like 90% french people, that was horrible, they talked a lot, but i didnt understand a word they were saying :P

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Daginni View Post
    I have mine, but why put it on when all I hear is 12 year old british sqweakers getting pissed off that I shot them?
    Funny that, everytime I put mine in I hear 12 year old American squeakers, and they are 10 times worse because the higher the voice goes, the more it sounds like they are going to cry.

Deleted
    and i always get the guy who has his music playing loud enough for everyone to hear it down the mic

---------- Post added 2012-01-29 at 04:17 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Adrena View Post
    Funny that, everytime I put mine in I hear 12 year old American squeakers, and they are 10 times worse because the higher the voice goes, the more it sounds like they are going to cry.
    #

i dont seem to get many Americans now, during the halo times i did, but on CoD i just english people and sometimes French.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by endersblade View Post
    I got sick and tired of hearing the kiddies screaming about every little thing, so I routinely turned my mic off. Eventually, I just unplugged it.
    Plus when you get the annoying sounds playing through.

15+ Year Old Account
    I only use mine to talk to my friends, it's pointless to use it to speak on the public channel.

All you hear is 10 year old american kids shouting 'douche' and 'jerkwad' at everything and someone telling them to stfu, then an immature bitch fight taking place between a 10 year old and a 40 year old about who is more pathetic.

Even if the kiddies are mute no-one listens to what you say much, or they turn everything that's said against you to make it into an argument.

Also, on some games such as CoD, voice chat doesn't offer anything more to the game, the game is so arcade like (nonstrategic) that by time something has been said, it is no longer relevant because said camper has already been killed, or the enemy has already moved to the other side of the tiny map and/or spawned behind you.

I can see the point in voice chat in some games, but tbh just get a friend+ and talk in party chat, you can operate as a small group then, achieve objects in that small group and have alot more fun.
    The Allies would've definitely lost World War II if the Horde had taken part