Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah... I don't like the 8 year olds who yell "WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWW FREAKING CAMPER; *snip* CAMPING SNIPER *snip* 1V1????" Or the ever so popular "MOM MAKE ME SAMMICH." It gets annoying with the little annoying kids.

We don't talk like that around here, keep racial slurs elsewhere. -Seam
    Last edited by Edge-; 2012-01-30 at 05:06 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Listening to 12 year olds screech isn't very fun

10+ Year Old Account
    Good heavens! Being polite is detrimental to gaming society?!

Rubbish I say! Rubbish!

Such shrewdness shan't go unpunished! We shall settle this with a gentleman's brawl. Put up your dukes, rapscallion!
    There are no bathrooms, only Zuul.

I'm always in Party Chat, or I mute my mic and turn my incoming voice volume all the way down if my friends aren't on.

If I see someone on my team chatting I might turn it up and see if they are actually participating and if I can stand to listen to their voice or not.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, I hate when other people scream out irrelevant things or are just trying to troll. I pretty much mute everyone but the people I know personally.

10+ Year Old Account
    For the same reasons that everyone has already given, I immediately mute every person in the lobby who has a mic because I just don't want to put up with their prepubescent screaming.

10+ Year Old Account
    Only time i use mine is when i play with people i know irl. Besides that all i hear is 10 year old talking shit.
    Aye mate

I don't see what's wrong with this? Most of the time it's lilttle 12 year old boys that shouldn't be playing XBoX anyways telling everyone how awesome they are, I rather enjoy the piece and quiet. My friends all have mics, and that's all that matters to me is that I can communicate with the people who I actually want to hear.

I'm starting to feel bad for all the good 12-year old kids out there.

I think people are anti-social and don't want to talk.

I was setting up a Rated BG earlier today and it was sad how many people had vent but "could not find/use a mic...

Well you're talking about xbox live after all... do you really think people want to hear a bunch of 12 year olds cry and moan over being killed in a video game?

The GM of my last guild never used push to talk, consequently we'd hear him sneezing, breathing, creaking in his chair, eating, swallowing, clearing his throat, yelling at his kids, farting etc etc. Made me stop using vent with that guild lol

Quote Originally Posted by Erto View Post
    Plus when you get the annoying sounds playing through.
    This. So much this. While I rarely play online games on the 360, when I do, there's always someone who leaves their mic open and has to cough repeatedly into it, or their little brother/sister starts bugging them and you hear them fighting. This happened a lot in Assassin's Creed: Revelations. It was the cougher, the fighters, whiners crying about being killed, and even someone who must have put their mic up to the speakers so the sound would echo.

Of course the easiest solution is turning off microphone chatter for anyone who isn't on your friend list, which I normally have on but had changed forgot to switch it back.

And personally, I never use a microphone because video games are for playing, not chatting.

10+ Year Old Account
    I remember I made a rage comic a couple months ago about this very same subject:

10+ Year Old Account
    Screw public voice chat. Voice communication is meant only for friends/solid teams. What I DO like in public MP games is built-in voice commands. Too bad so few games manage to do this right, if any at all. Tribes: Ascend is currently #1 in this field. Shazbot!
    That's why you need me.... Need someone to punish you for your sins.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    I remember when Valve patched voice communication into the HL1 engine, and everyone was like "WHHOOOAAAAOOLLY SHIIIICOOOOOOLMAAHGAWWWD~"

Over a decade later, and most companies still can't figure out when or how to use it correctly. Many times they can't even make it work. It's pretty amazing.
    Narfwak - Elemental Shaman
    <FH>
    Black Dragonflight-US

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...rfwak/advanced

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Narfwak View Post
    I remember when Valve patched voice communication into the HL1 engine, and everyone was like "WHHOOOAAAAOOLLY SHIIIICOOOOOOLMAAHGAWWWD~"

Over a decade later, and most companies still can't figure out when or how to use it correctly. Many times they can't even make it work. It's pretty amazing.
    Seriously?

It's xBox.

I start it up, there's a party of my friends playing Battlefield 3 showing in the dashboard. I join their party, their party chat and join the same server. Party chat - xBox feature, every fucking game "has" it.

And that's why I don't use mics in game - I play with friends, obviously, and we all talk via party chat. As most people do. Except op, because I don't know, maybe he has no friends...

10+ Year Old Account
    I have no interest in talking to or listening to random people while playing a game, especially on the Xbox. I use the mic only when playing with people I know and actually want to talk to. I assume a lot of players do likewise and maybe that is why no one is talking to you.
    "Gamer" is not a bad word. I identify as a gamer. When calling out those who persecute and harass, the word you're looking for is "asshole." @_DonAdams
    When you see someone in a thread making the same canned responses over and over, click their name, click view forum posts, and see if they are a troll. Then don't feed them.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by obdigore View Post
    I'm always in Party Chat, or I mute my mic and turn my incoming voice volume all the way down if my friends aren't on.

If I see someone on my team chatting I might turn it up and see if they are actually participating and if I can stand to listen to their voice or not.
    Or you can just form another party with just you. I always do that when playing with randoms at nights in Battlefield 3 who breath and say nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Assassination13 View Post
    Or you can just form another party with just you. I always do that when playing with randoms at nights in Battlefield 3 who breath and say nothing.
    Meh. I have TB's and it is just a slider on the handset to turn incoming voice coms all the way down. Easier than forming a party for just me.