Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    I don't see how most of these are a good fix, but no I don't have the answer either.

Resil increasing damage to players doesn't help PVPers get into PVE. And I'll drop the game if they make it easy for PVEers to PVP but not vice versa.
    The game currently alread does that for pvpers. The last time this wasn't the case was when you had to pvp with your pve gear in vanilla (before lvl60 pvp gear).

PvP gear bonus

One solution could be to provide a bonus for those who have PvP items in every slot, just like the plate, leather etc bonuses (all items plate gives 5% intellect as a holy paladin for example).
    In the PvP case there could be a 5% additional damage reduction if you have PvP gear in every slot. Trinkets could maybe be a exception, but not even that would be necessary.

A 5% damage reduction in addition to the resillience would increase your effective health drastically, which would make players consider equipping full PvP gear instead. That would also ease the burst from some classes and most likely make PvP more balanced.

On the other hand killing a healer 1v1 would be even more difficult, but hey, PvP isnt balanced around 1v1 or 2v2 anyway so I think this would be a good solution.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by reckoner04 View Post
    That's not a good idea. Healers would get a double benefit because reducing the dmg basically *does* make their heals more powerful. It would basically mean:

DPS: dmg taken reduced, damage done increased (negates each other when everyone's wearing resilience)
    Heal: dmg taken reduced, healing done increased (DOESN'T negate each other)

If you want to treat healers as "negative dmg dealers" resilience would also have to reduce healing taken.
    No, you want to reward PvP gear. What you say would make it an advantage to get PvE healing gear.

Also, in case you are afraid of "big numbers of healing", don't. A new expansion is coming. Those things are subject to easy changes. e.g. they can flat increase or decrease the damage or healing of all classes in the game [on the spells themselves]. They can only do huge changes like that after expansions. Well, they do them in patches as well, but usually in a limited fashion, e.g. one class here and one class there and on not all spells.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    How exactly are they planning to make the crossover from pve/pvp to the other easier by lowering resil and buffing agi/int/str, but still making pvp gear desirable no matter what? ^^

Quote Originally Posted by tobindax View Post
    They won't go with just dmg reduction, well, I unless they do it wrong, since the main problem is people that believe will not be damaged at all and hence go for stacking PvE stats.

e.g. most of the high ranked frost mages right now have ridiculous setups of PvE gear: 1 Tier13 leg, 1 or 2 trinkets, sometimes a back and another item, then the legendary. Some of them reach about 40%+ PvE gear. They clearly think they won't be damaged much.
    Because those guys have an entire team backing them up. Guess why? Because things like healing are out of control in WoW pvp. It should be impossible to heal a guy with so much pve gear, but right now they can unless you have a perfect setup that can shutdown any heal on him while holding the amount of dmg the mage and his team are dishing out at the same time.

In WotLK plate dpsers would most of the time use pieces of pve gear because resilience for them was useless (only cloth users/healers would get the most benefit out of stacking resilience). Also before mages, you had teams protecting a full pve elemental shaman because they could just fry the entire oposing team even with resilience if nobody killed them.

PVP problem right now is less about gear and more about "too much for a few, almost nothing for the rest".

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ownager View Post
    I had the same thoughts. I think they will add more utility to the pvp items, just like those on the gloves. If damage and health of pvp and pve are equal but the gear has different utility buffs you will want the utility for your kind of playing. Damage and Health were rather equal, so the transition from pve to pvp and vice versa would be easier but pvp gear would be superior because of the utility buffs.

But it also could be anything else, i am just guessing here
    This sounds like something they'll partially mess up and pve items will still be worth it. If not it would have to be insane bonuses, since the gap between gear will be shorter

One way they can do that is by giving PvP gear extra benefits, like the gloves currently have. Lower cooldowns on utility, CC, etc.

And are they really buffing primary stats even more? If they still keep all of those as red gems we can expect another expansion where one gem color is expensive and the rest is dirt cheap.

Quote Originally Posted by Delaios View Post
    One way they can do that is by giving PvP gear extra benefits, like the gloves currently have. Lower cooldowns on utility, CC, etc.

And are they really buffing primary stats even more? If they still keep all of those as red gems we can expect another expansion where one gem color is expensive and the rest is dirt cheap.
    Would you rather have 1 gem expensive or 3 gems expensive? Spreading the primary stats wont lower the price, just raise the price of the other 2 so there all about the same price

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by VanishO2 View Post
    Because those guys have an entire team backing them up. Guess why? Because things like healing are out of control in WoW pvp. It should be impossible to heal a guy with so much pve gear, but right now they can unless you have a perfect setup that can shutdown any heal on him while holding the amount of dmg the mage and his team are dishing out at the same time.
    Really? LOL

With the Legendary Daggers, Dragonwrath, and overpowered trinkets like Vial of Shadows in the game, healers are being shut down and globaled like I've not seen since the infamous patch in WotLK that had me literally running away from any Ret Paladin I saw.

If those mages are not concerned about taking damage, it isn't because "healing is out of control." It's because they're 100% sure that they, and their teammates, can keep you off their healers long enough for them to kill you.

In WotLK plate dpsers would most of the time use pieces of pve gear because resilience for them was useless (only cloth users/healers would get the most benefit out of stacking resilience). Also before mages, you had teams protecting a full pve elemental shaman because they could just fry the entire oposing team even with resilience if nobody killed them.
    It wasn't just plate DPSers. Resilience was strange in WotLK. You could go into a BG with pieces of PvE gear and, due to the overpowered nature of the items (Shadowmourne and the Solace trinkets come to mind), you could afford to drop PvP gear in those slots because the benefit of the PvE item was so great that it outweighed the loss of Resilience.

PVP problem right now is less about gear and more about "too much for a few, almost nothing for the rest".
    I'd have to disagree. PvPs problems are many, but one of the most glaring at the moment is the ability for people to wear overpowered PvE items in a PvP setting and actually benefit from losing the extra Resilience.
    Tiriél US-Stormrage

Signature by Shyama

Quote Originally Posted by mea View Post
    This sounds like something they'll partially mess up and pve items will still be worth it. If not it would have to be insane bonuses, since the gap between gear will be shorter
    I think it all depends on the kind of buffs. But it is hard to think of buffs that do well in pve environments but do poor in pvp. Anything that improves dmg will have impact on pvp, except they start with doing things like does +% vs mobs. Vice Versa it is easier i think.
    Last edited by ownager; 2012-01-30 at 01:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wollie View Post
    Would you rather have 1 gem expensive or 3 gems expensive? Spreading the primary stats wont lower the price, just raise the price of the other 2 so there all about the same price
    No, reds are expensive because the demand is insane. If that demand is spread over 3 different gems, prices per character are going to drop by quite a bit. I'd rather have 3 gems be useful and moderately priced, than 1 gem be useful that's overpriced.