Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    nice trolling tobindax. everyone went for it.
    In the end the winner is still the last man standing.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kanggaxx View Post
    Trust me, there is no way you will ever make money faster with dailies and quests than with an addon that automatically checks hundreds of auctions for you, and posts and cancels them to your specifications.
    This is against the EULA and bannable.

[Unless you meant you click sometimes to post.]

Quote Originally Posted by tobindax View Post
    Reality is, auction house "playing" is time consuming with huge risks..
    Your whole argument is based on the fact that you don't make as much money on the AH as you do farming. Have you thought that you might just be bad at it? (not an insult, I'm not good at it either)

You neglect the fact that many people do make more money on the AH. Much, much more money.

i've not played since september. after 5 years it got to the point where the auction house was the source of most of my fun. i'd cancel queues just so i could post some more shit.

ended up giving all the gold away too
    somebody call for d doctor?

Deleted
    Yeah but what you proved is that you have no arguments, just idle sarcasm.
    The same can be said for you.

Also, I noticed how you like to provoke reactions from other users and try to anger them by never really touching any of the arguments they provide you. Instead, you choose to ignore and repeat your previous post. It is almost like a more verbal version of "UMAD? UMAD? U SO MAD! HAHA U MAD BRO!".

Anyway, I will ask a moderator to look into this thread and your other posts.
    Because quite frankly, I don't think you are looking for a honest discussion at all

This post was brought to you by Captain Obvious

Yeah but what you proved is that you have no arguments, just idle sarcasm.
    Well let's put it like that: I am sitting now at roughly 900K Gold. That is after buying every single piece of 397 BoE equip for 6 toons. The time investment? roughly 2 hours per week on the AH result in anything between 5 and 50k GAIN per week. Nowadays I often don't bother loggin into my AH toon and still get these amounts.

You can not play the AH just by looking on a weekly scale. You buy when things are cheap and sell when they are pricey. You have to know about certain items selling at specific times (of the week, of the month and of the year) and that's it. If you can farm 50k in 2h great for you, then you are making more than with playing the AH. If you are farming less..... well, you maybe are just wrong?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Seegtease View Post
    Your whole argument is based on the fact that you don't make as much money on the AH as you do farming. Have you thought that you might just be bad at it?
    Or I might be good at farming.

---------- Post added 2012-01-30 at 10:59 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Gnowo View Post
    Anyway, I will ask a moderator to look into this thread and your other posts.
    Because quite frankly, I don't think you are looking for a honest discussion at all
    Oh now you proved you have arguments.

I could sit at the AH and make a lot of money.... but honestly, I find it tiresome and annoying to play the AH. It's not enjoyable, and I don't enjoy ripping people off or forcing people who don't have a lot of funds to either do things they don't enjoy (ie playing the AH) or spend more time farming just to be self-sufficient. The rare times I play the AH, I always do it by crafting or transmuting, so that I"m at least providing a service.

Example: My guild master loves to play the AH. Lately, he's been making a killing on the gem market. He's single-handedly kept the gem market on inferno rubies high.... it keeps trying to stabalize between 200-250 gold, and he keeps buying out the entire AH and relisting at 400+ per gem. It comes down again, but takes weeks... and he's made thousands upon thousands of gold. That's all he sees, and that's all he cares about... then he's surprised when a couple of my guild mates got mad at him for driving up the price.

It's mathematically impossible for everyone to profit off the AH. If everyone tried, someone would have to lose money (if only because of AH fees). You cannot tell everyone to play the AH for their money... so some people are stuck grinding and farming. I would be fine with that, if it weren't for the people that tend to sneer at people grinding/farming for their money (who then subsequently act surprised when I refuse to buy from them.)

Edit: All that said, it's undeniable that people who are skilled at the AH make more money that way than you can make any other way. I just find it annoying at best, borderline unethical at worst (note the word borderline; it's important).

You might be. But there is a cap at how good you can be. Maybe you kill mobs in 2 seconds, but you still have to travel to them and loot them. Even if you do this perfectly, a person who really masters the AH will be making more money.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghrim View Post
    between 5 and 50k GAIN per week.
    That 5 is quite weak. Very weak. I know people that can farm 10k in an hour or two reliably.

Quote Originally Posted by Seegtease View Post
    It doesn't translate into real life because people are much, much more careful with their money in real life than in WoW.

In WoW, you can get people to be 10x the value of something just for convenience. In real life, not so much.
    Fast food would like a word with you.

Deleted
    ^ By the way, that argument was a bit against the free market since if you think people are loose about their money,

..well, other auction players will be loose as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Bubbletrance View Post
    Fast food would like a word with you.
    How so? You can buy a burger for a buck. Fast food is the cheapest prepared food you can get. Even if you buy your own materials, it takes time to prepare, and time is money. To many, the extra money spent justifies the time saved.

Larger purchases are different. People are likely to shop around and not overspend. In WoW, people won't wait. They just blow their virtual currency without a second thought.

Deleted
    Please close this thread this guys is trolling or he doesnt know what he is talking about.. go read some forums Like stormspire and then talk about your little farming

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dokus View Post
    Please close this thread this guys is trolling or he doesnt know what he is talking about.. go read some forums Like stormspire and then talk about your little farming
    Or, find some arguments and present them here before proclaiming others as mantras.

Deleted
    Or, find some arguments and present them here before proclaiming others as mantras.
    in 1 hour how much gold you make with your farming?

i do like 4-5k depends on days with my JC and Enchanting

10+ Year Old Account
    Unless you're botting with more than one account, the gold made as a result of your hypothetical farming skills will never match that of an equally determined AH junkie.

Like someone said above me, there is indeed a cap to how much you can farm, and in most cases an experienced AH player will vastly out-earn you, all the while spending a fraction of the time doing so.

Deleted
    I know quite a few wow millionaires that play the AH for 20-30 minutes a day. I made about 100k in the week after patch 4.3 hit by selling gems, which I had prospected from previously bought ore on the AH. It took me one posting per day (say 2-3 minutes) for that patchweek, and I probably spent about an hour, perhaps an hour and a half, prospecting to stockpile up some gems. If I had farmed the ore myself, I would have made a few k more profit yes. But it would have been too time consuming considering the fact that I have better things to do ingame than farm stuff. There are some other professions that can net you some insane profits. If you have a few transmuters, an enchanter and a jewelcrafter, you're basically a potential millionaire if you look into how to maximize your gold/hour output. If you seriously think farming leads to a higher gold/hour ratio, you are so incredibly mistaken that I do not even know where to begin to start explaining the flaws in your thinking

Sure you might come across something rare now and then, but since it's rare, it won't happen very often. Playing the AH has nothing to do with gambling or risking loss tbh. If you do some research before you start playing, you'll make insane amounts of gold with little to no effort put in.

Deleted
    Wait a second about this "Cap". AH has huge caps as well. e.g. an item may be overpriced if you want to claim it at low price for a long time or your listing may be huge and not be able to service it properly due to low population. It's not that the AH doesn't have caps. The economy is the cap.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by darkwarrior42 View Post
    Example: My guild master loves to play the AH. Lately, he's been making a killing on the gem market. He's single-handedly kept the gem market on inferno rubies high.... it keeps trying to stabalize between 200-250 gold, and he keeps buying out the entire AH and relisting at 400+ per gem. It comes down again, but takes weeks... and he's made thousands upon thousands of gold. That's all he sees, and that's all he cares about... then he's surprised when a couple of my guild mates got mad at him for driving up the price.
    I approve of this !