Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Would LFR fail if the gear level was 378?

Just a quick question of if you believe LFR would fail if the gear given was identical to heroic dungeons? How many players would take alts in? Would LFR fail without the common player gearing up alts/mains?

At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

Yes? I don't understand the thinking behind your question? A fraction of people would Q for LFR if they could get the same gear from much much quicker and easier 5 mans. It would completely defeat the purpose of LFR.

Deleted
    People still need those pieces to fill in 4p. So no, but fewer people would go in, yes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Would fail I believe, it would cause alot lesser people too queue up and the queue times would just been insane =/

Quote Originally Posted by Afflictrick View Post
    Yes? I don't understand the thinking behind your question? A fraction of people would Q for LFR if they could get the same gear from much much quicker and easier 5 mans. It would completely defeat the purpose of LFR.
    Considering blizzard stated that the purpose of LFR was to give those without the time/ability to raid dungeons....It's not supposed to be about gear right? Then why did they do that?

At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

Quote Originally Posted by Maximus4004 View Post
    Considering blizzard stated that the purpose of LFR was to give those without the time/ability to raid dungeons....It's not supposed to be about gear right? Then why did they do that?
    That same logic can be applied to anything. No one would go into the normal raids or hard modes if there was nothing to gain from it after you do it 1 time.

Quote Originally Posted by Maximus4004 View Post
    Because in order to let 1 person the ability to raid you need 24 people to also queue. Gear is the incentive to get people to queue.

I would have loved to have seen it set up so that LFR was 378 and current heroics were 372. It's fine the way it is, but to me that would have been a better curve.

I don't really understand why people have such a huge problem with LFR dropping gear with an item level 13 Ilvl below the normal raid. So it looks kinda the same but most gear does now anyway and you can transmog. I know most people raid for gear so if gear wasnt as good less people would raid. Personally I wish they had made LFR the same difficulty as normal 25 and dropped the same loot. The only difference between LFR and normal raids should be how you get in them not the difficulty of the encounter. Of course the requirement to queue for LFR would have to be higher and I wish they had a way of qualifying you by your stats and not just the ilvl of the gear in your bags.

LFR is for people who dont want to or can't raid in guilds or dont have the schedule to raid(or get cockblocked from pugs due to no achievement). It is not for bad players, there are just bad players in LFR because they made it too easy and they can easily be carried by a few good players.

10+ Year Old Account
    The people running LFR are doing it (mostly) for the experience and not the gear. Also, unless they changed the dungeon gear ilvl people wouldn't be AS enticed to keep on running it. Idk, it seems like you kind of want it to fail.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pikevinge View Post
    The people running LFR are doing it (mostly) for the experience and not the gear. Also, unless they changed the dungeon gear ilvl people wouldn't be AS enticed to keep on running it. Idk, it seems like you kind of want it to fail.
    It's 50/50 for me.

On my Main, I already do 8/8 normal, so if I'm running LFR it's because there's gear I want, either for my OS (which I use for half the DS fights) or my MS (which i'm nearing pre-heroic BIS).

However, on my alts, I run it for the experience and the gear. Although I really don't rage about gear that I don't win, as I am already at the gear level required to queue for the instance. If I win, awesome, if not, I'll have plenty of chances before MoP comes out.
    Lained - 60 Shaman | Lainedtv - 60 Druid | Lainedz - 60 Paladin

It wouldn't make much of a difference to me, I am mainly in it for the tier pieces, probably the full 5-set for laughs. Whether it is 378 or 384 doesn't matter, when I've got my tier I would rather get another alt in.

However, if all the gear was 378 in LFR, it would be a lot more dull. I already have a lot of 378 gear which I required to get into the queue, so drops of the same ilvl aren't boring and will be disenchanted by me. Upgrades and coming out of the raid with some loot is fun.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    you're likely wrong, and we don't care anyway.
    Source

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Prokne View Post
    I don't really understand why people have such a huge problem with LFR dropping gear with an item level 13 Ilvl below the normal raid. So it looks kinda the same but most gear does now anyway and you can transmog. I know most people raid for gear so if gear wasnt as good less people would raid. Personally I wish they had made LFR the same difficulty as normal 25 and dropped the same loot. The only difference between LFR and normal raids should be how you get in them not the difficulty of the encounter. Of course the requirement to queue for LFR would have to be higher and I wish they had a way of qualifying you by your stats and not just the ilvl of the gear in your bags.

LFR is for people who dont want to or can't raid in guilds or dont have the schedule to raid(or get cockblocked from pugs due to no achievement). It is not for bad players, there are just bad players in LFR because they made it too easy and they can easily be carried by a few good players.
    But what you wish for is in no way what Blizz wanted with LFR though. If they made LFR harder, it would take longer and there would be more wipes. If that was the case, LFR would no longer be doable in 2 hours and if you can raid more than 2 hours + the queue time, you're pretty close to a casual raiding guild doing 1-2 raids per week, aren't you?

LFR is indeed for people who can't or won't raid normally as in being in a raiding guild but it's also for those with a low skill cap who wants to see the content. This is what Blizz has stated time and time again.

And the reason why LFR should not reward the same ilvl gear? Cause LFR does not require the same amount of effort, skill or organisation a normal/heroic raid does. Pretty clear, if you ask me.

Most people who run LFR now are gamblers. They want ilvl384 gear even though they dont raid normal DS. They just want the thrill of winning some new loot which is slightly better than what they have - even though they dont do anything with it.

Wouldn't make any difference, the same people would still make it in with PVP gear. Though I suppose it might be enough to make things go a bit faster, people who failed at clicking Ultraxion button with 372 ilevel is still going to fail at 391 ilevel.

I don't think as many people would do it, but I think it would still get enough people in it to be considered a success.

It's possible all those guilds might not have been banned...

Quote Originally Posted by dexx View Post
    Most people who run LFR now are gamblers. They want ilvl384 gear even though they dont raid normal DS. They just want the thrill of winning some new loot which is slightly better than what they have - even though they dont do anything with it.
    lol so true

i dont understand why ppl raged because they lost loots to anyone

If you don't have gears, fine, then raid normal DS (my alt reached 385 ilevel after dinged 85 a week)
    If you already have gears, then why QQ?

there is only one thing I could think of, is the jealous and greedy aspect of humanity still remain very strong in WoW community.

it would be nice if moving forward, the itemlevel from LFR is comparable to progression heroics... but I think LFR did about as well as could be expected (save a few glaring oversights in loot mechanics).

gear is a 2ndary purpose of raiding.. or sometimes first.. its gear achieves and fun.. in some order.. depends on the group but if gear was only 378 1/3rd wouldnt bother with it.