Poll: do you still like family guy

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    I watch it but it is formulaic. I don't enjoy it as much as say South Park but I enjoy it as much as I do Simpsons episodes. Although I have to admit the writing team for The Simpsons gets a bit creative when they're telling the story of a wash cloth.

Quote Originally Posted by Da Baws View Post
    ...... cancelled along with all those other cartoons.
    Please, go watch The Late Philip J. Fry (Futurama episode) and come back and talk.

That series has the best writing ever. Period.

toomanyrifts.blogspot.ca || A Gaming Blog

S10E12 was awesome laughed so hard at this episode.
    But sometimes their jokes take too long which annoys me (Happened in this episode aswell) Pretty much overkill sometimes.

I'll stick to South Park's opinion on this one.

Scarab Lord Triggered Fridgekin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Family Guy was pretty enjoyable to watch when it was new but now it's just really out of hand. Each episode is either 60% skits, Seth MacFarlane trying to show off his singing or a combination of both which is just an assault on your brain. The skits used to vary from funny to just bad but I think it had more to do with shock value compared to other cartoons in that time slot but now it feels like every other scene is just drawn out from a hat on what to do next.

It's funny because I was over to my friend's place one night and watched the new Simpsons and Family Guy back-to-back episodes with Family Guy first. After we finished the Simpsons, she turned to me and said "It's pretty bad when the Simpsons are more funny than Family Guy".

I had to agree.

Deleted
    the simpsons is the most inteligent cartoon

family guy is much better than it used to be it is actually funny not just slapstick random crap

american dad has always been hilarious

southpark is too topical and it makes me sick it used to be about 4 young boys who said things like dildo and didnt know what it was and it was funny a monster would attack southpark and it would be up to 4 immature boys to save the day
    now its just topical joke after topical joke and it isnt funny at all go back to being clever yet silly instead of topical and crap

I still watch it, but it's more habit and to fill time more than a show I really want to see. It's not as funny to me as it used to be.
    -----+-- [Thaddius] ++++++++

Just because you are unique, does not mean you are right.
    Ðoser of Illidan

Deleted
    The only real show I can relate to ( as a Europian ) is South Park. I rarely laugh at Family Guy, Futurama, The Simpsons, American Dad ( and I never laugh @ Cleveland Show ) because I don't understand the jokes. They're all made up for American-public, while South Park focusses on what's in media now ( and something I can understand ) Most of the jokes involves political-stuff, "famous" American people or criminals or things that have happened. It's hard to laugh about that.

Therefore, I rarely laugh at any of them at all. I still watch Family Guy because Dutch TV is utterly crap. I'm sick and tired of everything with talentshows, buying houses, cooking or parenting kids, kids with "psychich powers" and all the bullshit I get thrown to my head.

Only a few channels I watch, Discovery Channel, Poker-tournaments, soccer, NGC and Comedy Central. I'm glad I have so much games.
    Last edited by mmoc80711df9dc; 2012-01-31 at 01:02 AM.

I still watch every new episodes and I'll watch random episodes on TV, but I dont think it is as good as it used to be. I've seen every episode and I think season 4-5 (around there) were the best seasons. It still is one of my favourite shows, but no I don't like it as much anymore.

It was really never a good show. Skelington watched it sometimes because it was good for a laugh or two, but the show has always been a last resort thing when nothing else was on TV.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by strombae View Post
    the simpsons is the most inteligent cartoon

family guy is much better than it used to be it is actually funny not just slapstick random crap

american dad has always been hilarious

southpark is too topical and it makes me sick it used to be about 4 young boys who said things like dildo and didnt know what it was and it was funny a monster would attack southpark and it would be up to 4 immature boys to save the day
    now its just topical joke after topical joke and it isnt funny at all go back to being clever yet silly instead of topical and crap
    To me the Simposons has been dead since season 10. The plot of pretty much every episode is "Homer does something wacky, Marge gets mad, they seperate, and then either Homer or the kids will do something just as wacky to bring them back togeather".
    If you think that the first few series of Family Guy were just slapstick crap then you probably don't understand the term. They have been doing it far more in the later series then they ever did in the old.
    I agree here, American Dad is brilliant.
    Sotuh Park is dying for me, most episodes just seem to revolve around Cartmen and Kyle arguing about something.

I don't think it's as funny as it was a couple years ago - but comparing it to the other garbage the networks are putting on these days, it's still one of the best shows on TV.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Biged781 View Post
    Ummmm.... no.

I never liked Family Guy. It makes absolutely no sense and anyone who thinks it is "clever" probably has an IQ hovering around 80.
    Humor isn't always intellectually clever, or demanding. Liking something simple doesn't relate to you IQ at all unless you're purposedly trying to hunt down abstruse tasks to solve. Next time when you try to generalize and degrade, try not to express things as weakly and stupid in the future, will you?

Edit: not meant as an insult; it's not on any level intellectual humor in my opinion either. And yes, a large portion of the jokes are completely random. Which i like, and is what makes it a good show for me. I tend to ignore people who claim that it's because i can't understand it, since they can't seem to even try to assert the supposed complexity either. ^^
    Last edited by mea; 2012-01-31 at 01:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by mea View Post
    Humor isn't always intellectually clever, or demanding. Liking something simple doesn't relate to you IQ at all unless you're purposedly trying to hunt down abstruse tasks to solve. Next time when you try to generalize and degrade, try not to express things as weakly and stupid in the future, will you?
    Next time you reply, try to, erm.... read what you are replying to. I have a problem with people who think the humor is clever, not with slapstick humor in and of itself. If you like that sort of thing that's cool, just don't try to pass it off as smart or intelligent. Seriously, there seems to be no end to the countless number of people who continually tell me how FG is clever humor.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Biged781 View Post
    Next time you reply, try to, erm.... read what you are replying to. I have a problem with people who think the humor is clever, not with slapstick humor in and of itself. If you like that sort of thing that's cool, just don't try to pass it off as smart or intelligent.
    Read the edit, i forgot a paragraph. Also, it can be clever but not intellectual, which is why i replied to the comment that i did read. :>

Deleted
    i havnt liked the last few seasons really, but i still laugh when watching older episodes, a few of the newer episodes had some funny bits but the earlier series are just much better. the writies ran out of content, its obvious they started repeating jokes and most of them were not even funny.

I still like it. While I agree it isn't as good as it used to be, but it is still miles above a lot of the other shit that is put on tv.

I watched a few of the Simpsons shows after they made the movie, and unfortunately, it has gotten pretty bad. Every animated show seems to get worse after they make a movie from it. Simpsons definitely isn't as good as it used to be. American Dad was never funny, same with the Cleveland Show. South Park has gone downhill to me ever since they went to 4th grade. Futurama isn't too bad. It's definitely much better than the Simpsons.

Deleted
    btw, if you take family guy seriously, you're doing it wrong.

utter garbage. the 1st 3 seasons were amazing. after that pathetic. american dad is 100x better.

10+ Year Old Account
    Die hard family guy fan and always will be =P
    I like the preachy episodes as much as the random ones tbh, especially the abortion episode that was great.

I'll keep watching it as long as they keep making it.