Question regarding 25 mans

High end arena player that dislikes raiding so would like to get through raiding as quick as possible. Cunning makes up 30% of a locks damage in 3's and more in 5's and insignia is also quite good. Lust for 20 secs and with a 2 min icd can be timed with demon soul for burst. Is there an increased drop % chance on 25 as compared to 10? Are there any mechanics changes between 10 or 25? Or if you can lead a pug thru 7 bosses, you can do likewise for 25 man.
    Ty I appreciate your help on the matter.

Deleted
    Not sure about Individual drop rate, but since there are more loot drops on 25, I guess there is a higher chance, regarding leading a 25man pug? eh, it really depends. The mechanics are similar, but you'll require A LOT more co-ordination and people should just be more aware in general. I don't think you can do 7/8 with a standard 'trade pug' but if you organise the run through calendar and spend a little more time on checking people up, I dont see why not.

25 man raids have roughly 3 times the loot drops as 10 mans, so regarding your question, yes, the chance of seeing a cunning of the cruel in 25 man is roughly 3 times higher than 10 man. 1% drop rate off any give boss in 10 man vs. 3% drop in 25.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    As others have said, 25 drops more loot, thus more chances for it to drop. However, Cunning has a ridiculously low drop %, so it's really going to be RNG regardless. We've seen 1 (was last week from Heroic Ultraxion) out of the 9 weeks that we've fully cleared the instance.
    Xrtn | Vengeful Gladiator | 90 Human Hunter
    Ascendancex | Hero of the Horde | 90 Draenei Shaman

Check out my stream >> HERE << 2300+ RBGs / Arena / Wargames!

It is true that 25 man raid loot is 3 times more likely to drop. But you also have to take into account that a 25 man will have more people to roll against.

Quote Originally Posted by Suci View Post
    It is true that 25 man raid loot is 3 times more likely to drop. But you also have to take into account that a 25 man will have more people to roll against.
    That's why I'm leading it, so I can place those trinkets on reserve. Dps are a dime a dozen, if anyone doesn't care for it at the start of the raid can have them replaced in about 10-15 secs per dps :P .

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by n1ck301 View Post
    High end arena player that dislikes raiding so would like to get through raiding as quick as possible. Cunning makes up 30% of a locks damage in 3's and more in 5's and insignia is also quite good. Lust for 20 secs and with a 2 min icd can be timed with demon soul for burst. Is there an increased drop % chance on 25 as compared to 10? Are there any mechanics changes between 10 or 25? Or if you can lead a pug thru 7 bosses, you can do likewise for 25 man.
    CoC has a horrible drop rate. You stand a better chance of mim's head dropping from Morchok.

Deleted
    The mechanics of 10 and 25 are more or less identical, just the strats for handing them obviously change a little since you need to accommodate more players. You can find pretty much every single ability in the Dungeon Journal. If you hate raiding though I'd highly recommend to not bother, the shared loot trinkets have a minuscule drop chance and puging an entire 25m is gonna be a pain. However if your server is good at pugs and you got time on your hands then go ahead and good luck, normal modes are all pretty damn easy especially with the new 5% nerf.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by n1ck301 View Post
    Yes. There are mechanics changes.
    Basically the worst mechanics change is
    "we wiped, I'm out" --> 15 minutes finding replacement --> someone else is out because he cba waiting --> another wipe --> raid disbands.

Also for pug 25man will be much more challenging due to lack of coordination.

Unless you have decent 15-man raiding core of experienced and patient players, your 25man pug will fail miserably.

Even for experienced pve players and raid leaders it would be hard. For pvp player it would be just impossible.

Deleted
    You would be better off finding some okish guild that has farmed DS to death already and has no need for those trinkets. I recently joined a 7/8 25 man normal guild on my Shammy alt for the staff from Lootship, ended up getting quite a few items in my first raid including Will of Unbinding.