The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account

Gear Drop Question

Ok, I am trying to find a specific set of gear for my IA Sniper. It's the TD-07A Scorpion gear. I have the helm and boots already and mainly looking for the chest piece but the bracers, gloves, and belt are also orange so the set would be awesome. Other than checking the GTN does anyone know how to go about getting this gear. I check TORHead.com and got nothing as to where it's origin comes from. If anyone know's where to get ANY piece of this set I'd really appreciate it.

i found a pair of leggings from a world drop, so maybe just random drops. no specific location where it drops.

but that just what i think.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    go to www.tor-loot.com, it has all gear from normal modes and hardmodes and operations.
    -The Empire,Will be the End of you all-

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DruKow View Post
    go to www.tor-loot.com, it has all gear from normal modes and hardmodes and operations.
    Cool, but the scorpion armor doesn't come from fp or op's tho.

Isn't that gear from the planet commendation vendors?

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    You know, I haven't really checked on them. I'll have to go check it out and see

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    I believe it is purchasable at commendation vendors, although I don't know it for a fact. I think it was something I had seen while browsing vendors for my BH.

I bought the belt from the AH a while ago, which means it was probably a random drop for someone. Commendation vendors don't have moddable belts. According to Torhead, all the Scorpion items are BoE, so they aren't commendations since those are all BoP. I've collected every orange available from quests and it wasn't there either. I think the only way to get the set is from world drops. There are some champion level mobs on worlds that drop oranges, it may come from one of those.

Pretty sure I had the bracers drop recently, random world drop as best I can figure. Extremely rare to find the slotted pants & bracers.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks for all your input guys. I find these forums more helpful that the official ones. I guess i hope i get lucky and find them on the AH.

its very possible you may get the chest item & legs from a quest.

for example i have most of the TD-17A Imperator Set on my BH.

im pretty sure the chest came from a heroic or class quest on Balmorra (or possibly a previous planet)
    the legs definitely came from the bonus questline on Balmorra.

these boe "orange" sets are not all exclusively world drops.

some parts most definitely are (like the bracers and belts) but even those seem tied to specific mobs or groups of mobs.

many come from quests and yes they are still boe when you get them and can thusly be posted on the AH; when i got the TD-17A Imperator legs on Balmorra i was already wearing a set i had bought on the AH and listed and sold the ones i got from the bonus questline.
    Last edited by sleekit; 2012-02-01 at 01:09 AM.
    Mannoroth nodded. "The warrior shows much promise... I would see more of his kind, learn their potential..." WoTA

gee thx Brox...