Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by HhitSappens View Post
    Un-needed nerf, only the 5% was more than enough.

Guilds were already able to kill it w/o LOL 12 MAGES/ROGUES comps
    Don't think every guild has 2042042040 rogues and mages no?

@ 26% on last tendon last night (3 mil health)
    what

anyway, we had 8% wipe on last tendon yesterday on 25, aka the hard mode - it sux, we could use 1 more week without nerfs

- Flame baiting ala "the hard mode". Thanks for your comment but it's not needed what you said. -Azshira
    Last edited by Azshira; 2012-01-31 at 09:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by muxx View Post
    that makes the health of the 10 man heroic.
    No. If you're completely min maxing and the only thing preventing you from killing a boss is technical impossibility due to your current limitations based on class/spec/gear the fight isn't tuned properly. If you're a super hardcore guild you'll have killed spine already, and if you're not - who cares, you get to experience new content, even if it means a post-nerf kill on a boss you couldn't kill in its current form.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by HhitSappens View Post
    Un-needed nerf, only the 5% was more than enough.

Guilds were already able to kill it w/o LOL 12 MAGES/ROGUES comps
    Lol hardly, you needed all lol magi and rogues with lol legendaries, when you NEED a legendary to kill something, something is wrong.
    It was never Hardcore Vs Casual. It was Socialites Vs. Solo players
    Quote Originally Posted by ringpriest View Post
    World of Warcraft started life as a Computer Roleplaying Game, where part of the fun of the game experience was pretending to be your character. Stuff like applying poisons and eating food enhanced the verisimilitude of the experience of playing a fantasy character in another world. Now that game has changed to become a tactical arcade lobby game.

Guilds are still going to have to kill the tendon in 2 burns.
    Guilds will still have to deal with the HP debuff.
    Guilds will still have to deal with the bloods.

Congratulations, you got the plate off now go deal with the rest of the fight.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by roahn the warlock View Post
    Lol hardly, you needed all lol magi and rogues with lol legendaries, when you NEED a legendary to kill something, something is wrong.
    We had 4 Rogues (two of which were alts), 2 Mages on our kill. People need to get their facts straight before they start spouting rubbish. With the level of gear most guilds have now, you DON'T need a stacked raid comp to kill Spine.

Quote Originally Posted by deviancee View Post
    what

anyway, we had 8% wipe on last tendon yesterday on 25, aka the hard mode - it sux, we could use 1 more week without nerfs
    we were on very last tendon with 3 million health left in 10 man HC and the slimes just got overwhelming, if anything needed to be nerfed on this fight was the rate at which slimes spawned towards the end and i would have still been annoyed with that. 5% is cool i suppose still a let down being that they have LFR for the casuals which i continually run on my shaman to help out the under-geared.

Deleted
    So happy right now Can start clearing the instance in 1 night instead of 3 :F

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Myrlae View Post
    15% is a bit harsh especially with the 5% aspect nerf, but a nerf was just needed
    you have next to no chance without 46161651 arcane mages and or rogues
    We did this with 3 rogues and 2 mages. A fairly standard raid comp, aside from sitting our enh shaman.

It was doable. Gear helped immensely. The 5% was going to help immensely. I don't think it was needed.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Taurei View Post
    And how many of the QQers are actually progressing on this boss?
    They just want to show off, I don't really think it's that glamorous to say that the game is easy to imply you defeated the boss while you did not or to say you were almost there... "Really, I was this close! And it took so much effort!" ~Right....

Quote Originally Posted by muxx View Post
    DUMBEST CHANGE EVER

im not an elitest but, we just spent 3 weeks wiping to this and min maxing our raids dps to wipe @ 26% on last tendon last night (3 mil health)

we mainly missed the kill b/c our druid healer showed up 2 hours late and within that 2 hours we would ahve it killed but still 5% nerf was bad enough but c'mon 20% in one day might as well open the flood gates for 50% of the raiding community to kill this boss. that makes the health of the 10 man heroic.

im not one to talk shit about bliz, i usually support them in their nerfs but this patch it seems rediculous, and personally im quite let down that im going to go in tonight and not have to use half of the shit i normally use to kill a tendon.
    Too bad, brah... you should have killed it before.

Quote Originally Posted by Imachoirstarter View Post
    So happy right now Can start clearing the instance in 1 night instead of 3 :F
    Don't worry. Alt progression is still going to eat those 1-2 nights.

Deleted
    why do you need 2 threads on this? cant you just use the first one that he allready made?

Thank god we killed this POS at 1.30am this morning.

The problem with this change was that it was implemented now, once so many guilds have progressed on it, it should of been implemented 2 months ago.

I progressed on this fight and killed it, and believe me, it was a god damn pain, we had to use so many other chaaracters, 7 mages, 4 rogues, 3 resto shamans, a ret paladin, etc.

This nerf is good, but it should have come a long time ago, because now other guilds will feel cheated.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Keoren View Post
    Don't worry. Alt progression is still going to eat those 1-2 nights.
    I deleted all the gear on my alts, to bad.

Quote Originally Posted by gakpad View Post
    No. If you're completely min maxing and the only thing preventing you from killing a boss is technical impossibility due to your current limitations based on class/spec/gear the fight isn't tuned properly. If you're a super hardcore guild you'll have killed spine already, and if you're not - who cares, you get to experience new content, even if it means a post-nerf kill on a boss you couldn't kill in its current form.
    we min maxed to where we got every tendon down about 55-60% per tendon exposure. We had the kill just needed about 1-2 hours worth of time to kill it. We did it 10m 2 mages 1 w/ legendary ele shaman legendary rogue (part2 daggers) hunter and we were getting it to that point, we didnt need the 2nd mage but our fury warrior was gone for the week so we taught the 2nd mage how to do the fight and he ended up doing less dmg than the warrior.

With that said u dont need to stack classes for this fight, the only thing holding us back was the amount of slimes during the last phase and the nerf to the tendon will help that but imo isnt the way to go about nerfing this fight as its a dps check. its not hard to do 1.2 mil dmg per dps w/ a 5 man dps build in under 20 seconds.

Quote Originally Posted by Tihr View Post
    Nerfing the only real challenge of the raid instance when the content is only 2 months old. Way to go, Blizz. You really know how to drive your subscribers away.
    Less than 1% of raiders have beat the encounter, and now that they are trying to tune it to push the other 30% ish of players that are strolling between 8/8 DS normal they realize like all those people that a Brick wall isn't fun if to get past it if you have to bench all your classes that don't have high burst to get past it.

I'd say blizzard knows how to keep a ton more subscribers interested in trying something new.

/highfive blizz

Quote Originally Posted by Tihr View Post
    We had 4 Rogues (two of which were alts), 2 Mages on our kill. People need to get their facts straight before they start spouting rubbish. With the level of gear most guilds have now, you DON'T need a stacked raid comp to kill Spine.
    well also highly depends on the other players, what do you if you have 3-4 hunters, 2-3 moonkins and 2-3 warlocks?

tbh i think they should have waited for 1-2weeks and see how many guilds would have killed spine with the 5% nerf and then add a 5-10% nerf if that 5% was not enough

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tenzai View Post
    Guilds are still going to have to kill the tendon in 2 burns.
    Guilds will still have to deal with the HP debuff.
    Guilds will still have to deal with the bloods.

Congratulations, you got the plate off now go deal with the rest of the fight.
    Are you serious? Because I don't think I have ever wiped after the first 5 attempts to the debuff.

I've been on the final tendon for a long time now and have always wiped with less than 5% remaining. 19.25% nerf is excessive. Chances are if you really think the mechanics of spine are hard, you're probably still on normal modes.

If you are a healer you need to spam dispel ala wrack.

If you are a tank, you just kite around slimes spamming taunt. Leap/charge/intervene/etc.

If you are a dps you afk for the first part and then start dpsing without using cds until you face the a 39m burn in 40 seconds.

Take away the brick wall of dps requirement and the fight is nothing.