Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

Worst video game character

After reading through the "Most Dissapointing Video Game" thread, I decided I'd make a similar one.

List the worst/most obnoxious video game characters you can think of!

Personally, I think Aerith (from FF7, FF7 Crisis Core, and the Kingdom Hearts series) is my least favorite (and most obnoxious, in my book) video game character. I played through Kingdom Hearts before any of the other games, and I think the killer for me was her voice actress. Particularly in KH2.

I've never gotten too angry or worked up over a console game in my life, but my little brother used to have to calm me down whenever I heard her talk in KH2. It sent me into a berserker rage. I don't know why, she just sounds so obnoxiously ditzy it ruined gameplay for me.

Alright, I'm glad I got that out of my system. What's YOUR least favorite video game character?

Sephiroth.

EDIT:
    Also, Hope from FF13

prepare to feel the wrath of gamers for that comment about aerith and sephiroth XD for me personaly it was dante from dantes inferno (not DMC!! that dante kicks ass 6 ways to sunday) i just felt nothing about that game and its char (only played it cause it was a present from my best friend)i actualy hoped for diferent types of ending depending on who i saved or left to burn but that did not hapen
    someone else might have gotten it wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Freehoof View Post
    I'd have to agree with this. Also, Fi. She was really annoying right up until the very end of the game - I will admit I got really sad there. If she had more of a personality, or didn't point out the most obvious things, then I'd probably like her a lot more.

In no particular order, the worst video game characters are:

Deleted
    Pretty much any char in skyrim

10+ Year Old Account
    Navi is a clear winner here. XD

Hey! Listen! Hey! Hey! Listen!
    i7-6700k 4.2GHz | Gigabyte GTX 980 | 16GB Kingston HyperX | Intel 750 Series SSD 400GB | Corsair H100i | Noctua IndustialPPC
    ASUS PB298Q 4K | 2x QNIX QH2710 | CM Storm Rapid w/ Reds | Zowie AM | Schiit Stack w/ Sennheiser HD8/Antlion Modmic

Armory

Just about every character in FFX was very badly designed, Rikku was the only character I remotely liked. The voice acting didn't do them any favours either. My opinion of course.
    Last edited by Greendog; 2012-01-31 at 07:39 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Greendog View Post
    Just about every character in FFX was very badly designed, Rikku was the only character I remotely liked. The voice acting didn't do them any favours either. My opinion of course.
    Kimarhi has my vote lolz

That girl from Star Ocean 4. Drove me bonkers, I never did finish the game because she was so annoying.
    ~ flarecde
    Reality is nothing; Perception is everything.

That's some nice golden armor and shield you have there, be a shame if someone gave you multiple game-overs.

Most bosses in fighting games are regular characters with modified stats. This guy was modified to be an asshole.

I mostly play fighting games these days.

Tidus from FFX, Cloud from FF7, and Squall from FF8.

Pretty much all guards in Elder Scroll games (and npcs for that matter, mostly those god damn children)

Keapora Gaebora from OOT, seriously Nintendo was trolling with the "Do you want to hear what I said again? >YES >No." They knew we'd be smashing the A button to get through it and hit Yes again. :I

Sonja from Rune Factory Tides of Destiny. You thought Navi was bad? This bitch is voice acted, says the same things, EVERY day. Oh and you can marry her, I don't know what idiot would willingly marry that shrew.

Mido from Ocarina of Time. Such a douche, unlike Groose from Skyward Sword he never develops either, he's a douche til the end.

Quote Originally Posted by Greendog View Post
    I agree.
    Last edited by Digglett; 2012-01-31 at 07:51 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh my god. Oh my god. Oh my god.

Don't utter the name of the game which must not be named!

15+ Year Old Account
    Navi is the worst by far

Though Aerith was annoying and boring, the story behind her was interesting for a few minutes. I did cheer when she was killed though (wish I hadn't grinding her level up previously)
    Last edited by xenaros; 2012-01-31 at 07:59 PM.
    The Allies would've definitely lost World War II if the Horde had taken part

Bayonetta, a cheeky version of the Devil May Cry series. What she said annoyed the shit out of me with the game. I mainly skipped cut scenes due to it.