Which is more useful in PvP as a Juggernaut?

There are a lot of builds for Juggernaut that people will claim viable for pvp. you have your rage build with soresu form, then your hybrid vengeance/immortal, and then pure vengeance or pure immortal. And then there's the concern for which endgame pvp gear set to pick up. Is it viable to stack defense gear but speccing for dps? Or speccing for dps with tank gear? I've played a mercenary to max level with full champion so I'm familiar with the system, but now i'm
    re-rolling a jugg and i'm just about at max level.

Feel free to address any part of this question with your own experiences into what is effective. I plan to run in premades almost exclusively.

10+ Year Old Account
    I do the occasional random PVP as full spec/geared tank. I'm not 50 so I can't speak for the 50 bracket, but at level 47 I feel fairly balanced. It takes a lot to kill me (although I can still die fast if I'm not smart about which groups I attack), but I can provide my team with the occasional knockback and CC as needed while chewing away at the health pool of the enemies around me.
    I may pay my subscription every month, but I don't lose sight of the fact that the other 4/9/24/39 people I'm grouped with pay too.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=208529

After trying many builds and play styles this is what I'm most happy with. Realize however that without gear you will be primarily harassing healers and removing key targets with push/choke/backhand. Spamming your slow and aoe stun when it's up is paramount as well. Once you get fully geared you'll be unstoppable 1v1 and in some situations 1v2. Running with a premade is where this setup truly shines. In a good group if you guard switch, aoe taunt, and taunt while dpsing and controlling healers you will be shutting the other team down by removing the effectiveness of their dps and healers at the same time. Played right, it's a blast.

Quote Originally Posted by Sikth View Post

After trying many builds and play styles this is what I'm most happy with. Realize however that without gear you will be primarily harassing healers and removing key targets with push/choke/backhand. Spamming your slow and aoe stun when it's up is paramount as well. Once you get fully geared you'll be unstoppable 1v1 and in some situations 1v2. Running with a premade is where this setup truly shines. In a good group if you guard switch, aoe taunt, and taunt while dpsing and controlling healers you will be shutting the other team down by removing the effectiveness of their dps and healers at the same time. Played right, it's a blast.
    Man that post you linked is awesome! Thanks for that, I was looking to verify immortal + dps gear works, and it looks like it does for you.

Thanks for the link, that was what I was looking for

I'm full immortal spec and can say I'm loving PVP.

I feel fairly balanced as in I can take sooo much damage (if I have a good healer, almost impossible to die unless stunned in fire/acid) but don't do a lot of damage.

My favorite is huttball just because we have so many abilities to move around on the platforms. I can very easily get back up if knocked into the basement, where otherclasses usually have a much harder time.

In WZ's I usually don't do any 1v1 as I feel my damage output is too little to spend the time wasting on it. Personally I'm glad that swtor seems to be much more balanced around a group effort then 1v1.

I pvp in my pve immortal spec and love it, especially when theres a good healer around.

Huttball either I get the ball and live forever to score or pass to someone to score, or I guard whoever has it and spam my taunts so they live forever to score/pass it. both jumps make movement awesome, even moreso with the new addition of force push refreshing force charge. Also with force push, backhand, and force choke I can lock down a few people to protect the ball carrier or myself.

Voidstar..... meh, i live long and am great for defending, but overall the lack of offensive ability hurts unless theres only 1 healer on the other team and you can lock them down.

Alderan tho, that ones fun as a tank, take mid early and shoo the rest of your team aside from one healer away and hold. A good healer with guard will live against 4 people for atleast 1-2 minutes, more than enough time to call for backup, even against 6 (most that ever assaults at once unless other team is retarded) you can least a good 30 seconds, especially if they target the healer and not u so taunts soak up alot.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've been rolling with the immortal/venge spec and it's pretty silly how much you bring to Huttball. If you've got some decent healers and you're willing to be a ball taxi instead of a glory hog, you can pretty much always get into a pass position and win games. It feels kind of worthless in the other BGs though. I'm going to go straight Rage in Shien and see how that goes. It can get pretty silly:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RNRgfrkeJ7M
    Last edited by Beavis; 2012-02-01 at 03:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Beavis View Post
    I've been rolling with the immortal/venge spec and it's pretty silly how much you bring to Huttball. If you've got some decent healers and you're willing to be a ball taxi instead of a glory hog, you can pretty much always get into a pass position and win games. It feels kind of worthless in the other BGs though. I'm going to go straight Rage in Shien and see how that goes. It can get pretty silly:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RNRgfrkeJ7M
    That footage was pre-1.1

Most of those crits are from a fully geared rage jugg against low levels.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sikth View Post
    That footage was pre-1.1

Most of those crits are from a fully geared rage jugg against low levels.
    Oh yeah, so they are. That's too bad.