Question Choice between two weapons (holy)

I have these two weapons for my holy Paladin but which one is best?

390 (lfr)

Maw of the Dragonlord

or

Vagaries of Time

Firstly im not a H Paladin but looking at BiS Maw is ahead of Vagaries in LFR, Normal and Heroic but seeing as it's LFR vs Normal i can't completely say.

Something which can help you get a better answer is. Are you in a 10 or 25 man guild?

As a druid i was using http://db.mmo-champion.com/i/77219/s...lenting-agony/ A 397 dagger in 10 mans while using LFR Maw in 25 man and it usually does a fair bit of my overall healing if you position yourself for it's use when possible

Maw if you position yourself well

Deleted
    Are you doing a fight where Maw will get a chance to AoE heal? If so then Maw is the BiS weapon by a huge margin.

The only cases where I'd think of using non-Maw is Morchok, Hagara and Gunship.

Deleted
    Do not forget mate, you can weapon-switch during battle.

That said, I'd switch accordingly. Morchok, you'll always be near people so it's worth using Maw. Zon'ozz, same. Yorsahj', unless you have green on the boss, you should equip maw. Hagara, There's really not much point in using Maw, I'd go with Vagaries. Ultraxion, Maw all the way. Boat, Vagaries. Spine, I'd advise you maw, everytime the adds die they deal damage to the raid, and the maw really helps when there's actual bit raid damage (on barrel rolls and when adds are exploding). Madness, Maw all the way. THere's barely only aoe damage in the fight.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by RavenGage View Post
    Are you doing a fight where Maw will get a chance to AoE heal? If so then Maw is the BiS weapon by a huge margin.

The only cases where I'd think of using non-Maw is Morchok, Hagara and Gunship.
    Gunship got a fair bit of useage of AoE heal so pmuch only morchok and hagara is worth using another wep, on 10m because on 25m there will almost allways be enough players close to get out some healing from the weapon.

I agree Maw is better except for a few fights and even then only on 10 man.

I have Heroic Vagaries and normal Maw and I'm playing in a 10m guild.
    Most of the time I use the Maw, but I switch depends on the situation (sometimes in a fight).

Even if you lose some intel/spell, when I see the maw doing more than 1M healing on Ultraxion

For 25 man, maw, on all fights except maybe hagara.

For 10 man, vagaries on morchok and hagara and maw on the rest of the fights.

But you can switch during the fight so use whatever is needed when the time comes

http://www.twitch.tv/hammerpairs 7/7 Mythic EN / 3/3 Mythic ToV / 10/10 Mythic NH / 9/9 Mythic ToS
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IBmNLMo4vcI some old school CM fun
    "Your lights will go out. The darkness will envelop you. And you will fear the shadows that move within it."

Deleted
    Macro a weapon swap so that you equip Maw of The Dragonlord before Light of dawn?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Beefz View Post
    Macro a weapon swap so that you equip Maw of The Dragonlord before Light of dawn?
    Equiping a weapon will starts its ICD.

15+ Year Old Account
    Maw
    Maw
    Maw

If you're a 25-man player, it can be up to 10%+ of your healing on some attempts. In 10-mans it is usually around 5%, but 5% is still way better than a little bit of stats.

I'd say 416 Maw > 403 Maw > other 410 weapons > 390 Maw > other 397 weapons > everything else
    Global Moderator | Forum Guidelines

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Simca View Post
    Maw
    Maw
    Maw

If you're a 25-man player, it can be up to 10%+ of your healing on some attempts. In 10-mans it is usually around 5%, but 5% is still way better than a little bit of stats.

I'd say 416 Maw > 403 Maw > other 410 weapons > 390 Maw > other 397 weapons > everything else
    This, this, this and this again. Secondary stats are moot at this stage when compared to the absurd amount of healing the mace does.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Simca View Post
    What i dont get in the bolded part, if the weapon is doing 5 (10)% healing then even the 390 will be better then 410 ones shouldnt? This is of course if the boss let do gain benifit from the maw.

15+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, depends on fight. LFR Maw is weaker than the other versions, but I would say that in 25-mans on most fights that LFR Maw is better.

In 10-mans, it is much harder to say and varies by fight a lot.
    Global Moderator | Forum Guidelines

for 10s i usually dont use maw on hagara or morchok. Not even heroic morchok simply bec i cant always position myself to hit everyone on the side im healing on my own.

I use 410 vagaries on those two fights, and 403 maw on everything else. Whenever i do LFR i use maw for every single fight and id imagine it would be the same for normal 25s since there are so many ppl in range of the proc.

http://www.twitch.tv/hammerpairs 7/7 Mythic EN / 3/3 Mythic ToV / 10/10 Mythic NH / 9/9 Mythic ToS
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IBmNLMo4vcI some old school CM fun
    "Your lights will go out. The darkness will envelop you. And you will fear the shadows that move within it."