Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalyyn View Post
    Interesting observation. I'll try to remember that.
    Ooooooooh it all makes sense now...
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Lets say you have a two 3 inch lines. One is all red and the other is 48% red and 52% blue. Does that mean there's a 50-50 chance they're both red or is the second line matching the all red line by 48%?
    ^^^ Wells using an analogy

Quote Originally Posted by Matok View Post
    Maybe Media manipulation of the iranian president's speech is true but who cares about what the leader says when this is what his people want.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XHoVu...eature=related
    When you know what the US Governement has done to this country it's really understandable but you've probably never asked yourself why they hate america.
    Last edited by Rork; 2012-02-02 at 06:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Matok View Post
    Maybe Media manipulation of the iranian president's speech is true but who cares about what the leader says when this is what his people want.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XHoVu...eature=related
    Not surprising, those people are animals (no offense to animals). No respect for anything except what they believe.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by chadwix View Post
    Not surprising, those people are animals (no offense to animals). No respect for anything except what they believe.
    You do realize that it's not black and white. The way they see America is a huge country that killed their elected leader back 50 years ago and put in their own agent. People still have this notion that in the US, we're the "good guys" of the world, when in fact we've committed equally bad if not worse atrocities.

Quote Originally Posted by chadwix View Post
    Not surprising, those people are animals (no offense to animals).
    Why are they animals? Because they don't like the nation that over thew their democratically elected government?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Noobadin View Post
    Why are they animals? Because they don't like the nation that over thew their democratically elected government?
    No, because they can't seem to figure out how a civilized society works.

Not saying that I agree that they are animals, but I do think they need to l2country

People hate Israel because it is popular to here in the US. "DAMN JEWS RUNNIN ERRERYTHANG!!! DURP!"

If people were actually educated on the topic they would understand more, alas, they are to busy hating whatever everyone else around them is.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Twiddly View Post
    People hate Israel because it is popular to here in the US. "DAMN JEWS RUNNIN ERRERYTHANG!!! DURP!"

If people were actually educated on the topic they would understand more, alas, they are to busy hating whatever everyone else around them is.
    No, it's that people can't be critical of Israel without being labelled "racist" as if the country can do no wrong. We spend billions of dollars in foreign aid that they don't even need, meanwhile our country is flat broke. Like I said earlier, this isn't a Boolean problem.

10+ Year Old Account
    People who hate Israel hear that and go "Woohoo! Let's wipe out Israel! Allah ahu ackbar!"
    People who hate people who hate Israel hear that and go "Screw them terrorists! USA! USA! USA!"
    so much hate, eh? ._.

but seems to be the case.

*goes off to get his love-is-in-the-air-avatar*
    Last edited by Sy; 2012-02-03 at 09:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mukki View Post
    No, it's that people can't be critical of Israel without being labelled "racist" as if the country can do no wrong. We spend billions of dollars in foreign aid that they don't even need, meanwhile our country is flat broke. Like I said earlier, this isn't a Boolean problem.
    Funny, I'd be more concerned with the military bases we operate and foreign aid we give to countries who don't even like the US than the ones that do.

IE, Monetary Aid for a country to hunt terrorists for us while they hide the number one terrorist we have been looking for? Yea...

You can be as critical as you want of Israel, you won't be called a 'racists' until you start using slurs. Hyperbole is bad and just clouds the issue.

Deleted
    The only thing that can be said is that the media can and will twist and turn things that cannot be understood by the viewer to anything they want as long as we dont speak the language.
    For the iranian president to actually be speaking about democracy is a very interesting turn, especially from what I understood on those reports where only shown on Cspan yet editied and twisted out of all context in other media outlets.

15+ Year Old Account
    No, because they can't seem to figure out how a civilized society works.

Not saying that I agree that they are animals, but I do think they need to l2country
    so you´re saying a democratically elected goverment isn´t a civilized society?
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

Quote Originally Posted by Mukki View Post
    Actually, it is the exact opposite now. If you believe they should exist, you are an anti-muslim crusading racist!!!!

Hilarous how the media forces people to feel one way then the other.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sy View Post
    so much hate, eh? ._.

but seems to be the case.

*goes off to get his love-is-in-the-air-avatar*
    OMG IT'S SY! I never see you anymore!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    so you´re saying a democratically elected goverment isn´t a civilized society?
    Hard to call it a democracy when you're only allowed to vote for the guy who's already in charge.

Hard to call it a democracy when you're only allowed to vote for the guy who's already in charge.
    What about if you're only allowed to vote for the guy who is already in charge or another guy?

15+ Year Old Account
    hard to call one guy the goverment

and you know there are different forms of democracy, not only the united states version
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bergtau View Post
    What about if you're only allowed to vote for the guy who is already in charge or another guy?
    Then you'd have 100% more choices than Iranians do?

Also, in most countries you don't spend years in political prison for running against the president.

---------- Post added 2012-02-03 at 10:55 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    hard to call one guy the goverment

and you know there are different forms of democracy, not only the united states version
    So what version is it where Amedinejhad executes or imprisons anyone who politically opposes him? Doesn't sound very democratic to me.

Then you'd have 100% more choices than Iranians do?

Also, in most countries you don't spend years in political prison for running against the president.

---------- Post added 2012-02-03 at 10:55 AM ----------

So what version is it where Amedinejhad executes or imprisons anyone who politically opposes him? Doesn't sound very democratic to me.
    I think they are talking about Iran 60 years ago. Probably before Ahmadinejjad (w/e is his name) was born.

15+ Year Old Account
    no in some countries you spend years in prison without beeing accused of something, even if the country has a pretty stabel democracy

woah, i think you should back that one up with a quote or source

1/ this is not true there were more than one candidate and you can say all you want there is no proof that there was a fraud.
    2/ do you remember the 2000 US election Gore vs bush and the florida count? Don't give lesson in democracy.

3/ IRan is now more of a democracy than the dictature of the Sha, which if you had learn your lessons (with your amazing knowledge of the subject) been set by the US Gov in place of the democraticaly elected president Mosaddegh. So if the US gov hadn't shit all over the place Iran would be the exemple of democracy, now they have to start from scratch.