do shadowpriests have snares/roots ?

mindflay also CCs you so its not that reliable when you got a dk pounding on you. other casters have some form of snare or root, but not like mindflay. psy horror is nice but a long cd even glyphed.

any pro priests care to share their ways of fighting melee ?

do shadowpriests have snares/roots ?
    Paralysis is a 99.99% snare

We have a fearbomb on a super low cooldown. Psychic horror is nice to get some distance from melee and it disarms them. You can also dispersion to survive then fear again right after.

Don't forget about Mind Control. That spell has won arena games for me more times than i can tell.
    In general though I think priests are one of the worst classes CC wise. I don't play one but from my experiences I think that's a fair statement.

10+ Year Old Account
    Priests get a 4 sec root whenever Mind Blast crits, which can be done if you go MSx3->MB. In addition, Spriests can cause fear effects on healers that dispel Vampiric Touch, which will result in either you winning the game from a dumb healer chain dispelling, or being able to keep 100% uptime on dots due to healers not dispelling in fear of the fear. I do not know if the root/fear has a DR.

In addition, you have a disarm/horrify on a 2 minutes CD, a 90% damage reduction on a 2 min CD, a fear on a 20ish sec CD, and the ability to remove roots every ~15(?) seconds. You also have minor healing abilities, as well as a mage-ish strength bubble, extending survivability. A good shadow priest is an asset to have, and is a very good support class for 5s, but there are plenty classes better in 2s/3s.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

Quote Originally Posted by Raugnaut View Post
    Priests get a 4 sec root whenever Mind Blast crits, which can be done if you go MSx3->MB. In addition, Spriests can cause fear effects on healers that dispel Vampiric Touch, which will result in either you winning the game from a dumb healer chain dispelling, or being able to keep 100% uptime on dots due to healers not dispelling in fear of the fear. I do not know if the root/fear has a DR.

In addition, you have a disarm/horrify on a 2 minutes CD, a 90% damage reduction on a 2 min CD, a fear on a 20ish sec CD, and the ability to remove roots every ~15(?) seconds. You also have minor healing abilities, as well as a mage-ish strength bubble, extending survivability. A good shadow priest is an asset to have, and is a very good support class for 5s, but there are plenty classes better in 2s/3s.
    Wow. I obviously know nothing about spriests. Didn't know they had half those abilities.

Mind Control is extremely underrated in my opinion.

Glyphed psychic horror is very powerful. The low cd on psychic scream means your second fear on the warrior will last 6 seconds before his zerker rage comes off cd. And you WILL survive to the second fear if you have the resilience and even without dispersion.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Prostyle View Post
    Mind Control is extremely underrated in my opinion.
    i think it's funny when a tank gets nuked in an RBG, gets dotted up and then they get mind controlled

but shadow priests dont really get a lot of CC because they practically wear plate with shadowform's armor contribution + shields and have PS on like a 20 second cooldown

put dots on kids, juke casts, profit

Priests can select "Void tendrils" come 5.0 - a proper roots, if targetable, effect! :P

Quote Originally Posted by Raugnaut View Post
    Priests get a 4 sec root whenever Mind Blast crits
    As I said, Paralysis which is triggered by a critical Mind Blast isn't a root, it's a 99,99% snare. Target is likely unable to move but a warrior can charge or heroic leap while being under the effect of Paralysis.

Quote Originally Posted by Gandrake View Post
    i think it's funny when a tank gets nuked in an RBG, gets dotted up and then they get mind controlled

but shadow priests dont really get a lot of CC because they practically wear plate with shadowform's armor contribution + shields and have PS on like a 20 second cooldown

put dots on kids, juke casts, profit
    Aren´t their dots actually weak? I remember priests complaining in random BGs that theiry full doted rogue target outheals the damage with recuperate

Sp's dots aren't as efficient as they were before 4.2 nerf, they're not as efficient as those of an affliction warlock but they're not weak.

Herald of the Titans DiscoGhost's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BeerWolf View Post
    Priests can select "Void tendrils" come 5.0 - a proper roots, if targetable, effect! :P
    pretty sure any priest is going to take psychic scream over that any day. i know i will.
    You can tune a piano, but you can't tuna fish.