I love Javik
    The generalist looks outward; he looks for living principles, knowing full well that such principles change, that they develop. It is to the characteristics of change itself that the mentat-generalist must look. There can be no permanent catalogue of such change, no handbook or manual. You must look at it with as few preconceptions as possible, asking yourself, "Now what is this thing doing?" -Children of Dune

Oh, da-yum!

Quote Originally Posted by ishootblanks View Post
    did you know that Traynor is gay?! (if so and you are too can I watch?)
    haha you wish

Quote Originally Posted by ThrashMetalFtw View Post
    The pre-WotLK Mind Flay animation. 2nd biggest reason for rolling a Priest, biggest obviously being Shadowform. Anyone who uses Glyph of Shadow should reroll Hunter, filthy blasphemers.

15+ Year Old Account
    Why do I have weird friends that find weird stuff through stumble upon?

Quote Originally Posted by Weazle83 View Post
    Did some calculations, seems like the perfect score from just playing the single player campaign is 7530 * 0.5 = 3765 EMS. To get this high however, means you will have to gun down both Wrex in ME1 and Mordin in ME3 as well as letting Kirrahe die during the assault on Virmire. Really odd that saving Kirrahe nets you a lower EMS than saving him.
    I'm sorry, can you explain how that works?
    - If you gun down Wrex in ME1 to sabotage the cure, can't you convince Mordin to abandon the cure? Is Eve worth more than Mordin?
    - Why wouldn't leaving Kirrahe alive, and letting Thane die on the Citadel assault give you more than just letting Kirrahe die on Virmire?

---------- Post added 2012-04-21 at 02:14 PM ----------

Most I've gotten was 7.3 (7.3 effective), but I <3 multiplayer, and that was doing ABSOLUTE ZERO side quests in ME1 (so no Conrad), and not playing Arival DLC.
    Last edited by Windry; 2012-04-21 at 09:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Windry View Post
    I'm sorry, can you explain how that works?
    - If you gun down Wrex in ME1 to sabotage the cure, can't you convince Mordin to abandon the cure? Is Eve worth more than Mordin?
    I believe both Wrex and Eve have to be dead in order to convince him. Otherwise, he believes Eve will keep Wreav in check.

Quote Originally Posted by Windry View Post
    - Why wouldn't leaving Kirrahe alive, and letting Thane die on the Citadel assault give you more than just letting Kirrahe die on Virmire?
    That, I'm not sure on.

I think my best EMS to date was around 7.3k as well, but that was also with 100% readiness. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Kaelwryn View Post
    Why do I have weird friends that find weird stuff through stumble upon?
    You want to see wierd, here is a picture worth a thousand words/laughs

Why, oh why, did I decide to check this thread as the last thing before going to bed? Now I'm gonna have nightmares. >.<

This is still my favorite.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by crazysmacker View Post
    You want to see wierd, here is a picture worth a thousand words/laughs
    x| why thank you...I needed to see more weird things.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaelwryn View Post
    x| why thank you...I needed to see more weird things.
    It's the wierd things that keep life interesting

Quote Originally Posted by Duncanîdaho View Post
    I love Javik
    Javik really grows over the course of the game I felt. He was kind of a dick at first, he just woke up and his galaxy was now populated by savages so I understand his position to an extent. He feels like Rudyard Kipling at the start. Towards the end though he grows and embraces what the galaxy has become. It's pretty awesome and it's a shame people were so upset about the dlc. Javik is actually rather well integrated and a strong character to boot.
    Last edited by Leonard McCoy; 2012-04-21 at 10:53 PM.

this might be luck but does anyone else feel like they are getting stuck with the same enemies in MP matches.
    Did four matches since getting home from work, and all were geth. Yesterday and the day before it was reapers.

this might be luck but does anyone else feel like they are getting stuck with the same enemies in MP matches.
    Did four matches since getting home from work, and all were geth. Yesterday and the day before it was reapers.
    You're certain the host isn't switching it to a specific enemy group before the match begins? I've had that happen a couple times. I'd join a random/random/bronze and it'd end up being random/reapers/bronze or once I even had it change to a silver match without me knowing it. That was fun, considering I was on my Drell Adept at the time. I was nearly dead from full barriers and health in like, 3 seconds. I was like, "God damn I know Drell are squishy but what the hell?!" Once I realized it was on silver I did a bit of a paradigm shift and was much more cautious in my combat. lol

Quote Originally Posted by TonyIommi View Post
    Javik really grows over the course of the game I felt. He was kind of a dick at first, he just woke up and his galaxy was now populated by savages so I understand his position to an extent. He feels like Rudyard Kipling at the start. Towards the end though he grows and embraces what the galaxy has become. It's pretty awesome and it's a shame people were so upset about the dlc. Javik is actually rather well integrated and a strong character to boot.
    I totally agree. I got the DLC before I even started the game, and I honestly can't envision the game without him. He felt like he belonged there by your side the whole time, and added a ton to the story I thought. It really is a shame he is DLC. To me not having him, would be like not having a Garrus or a Tali in ME 1. I actually grew to like him that much, and he has just as much screen time as the others. Waaaaaay more effort was put into him then say Kasumi or Zaheed. They are true side characters, Javik definitely is not. He belongs there front and centre.

I always had him and Liara with my Paragon Vanguard Shep. What a team.
    The generalist looks outward; he looks for living principles, knowing full well that such principles change, that they develop. It is to the characteristics of change itself that the mentat-generalist must look. There can be no permanent catalogue of such change, no handbook or manual. You must look at it with as few preconceptions as possible, asking yourself, "Now what is this thing doing?" -Children of Dune

Deleted
    I think I mentioned earlier how I had some totally unknown soldier listening to the last speech before the final push on Earth? Only after getting Javik I noticed that soldier was a placeholder for him.

I really like Javik. It's awesome to see his character trying to fit in with the current society and all that. He's easily one of my favourite characters now.

I'm hoping there's some new awesome characters we can get for our squad with DLC somewhere down the line. Maybe accompanied with an awesome side story? Yes, I think that would do quite nicely.

Quote Originally Posted by Moontalon View Post
    You're certain the host isn't switching it to a specific enemy group before the match begins? I've had that happen a couple times. I'd join a random/random/bronze and it'd end up being random/reapers/bronze or once I even had it change to a silver match without me knowing it. That was fun, considering I was on my Drell Adept at the time. I was nearly dead from full barriers and health in like, 3 seconds. I was like, "God damn I know Drell are squishy but what the hell?!" Once I realized it was on silver I did a bit of a paradigm shift and was much more cautious in my combat. lol
    Had the enemy switched on me a few times, but not recently. I'm not complaining about it, it's just a bit odd that 12 games in a row i was fighting the same enemy.

But the diffulcty stealth change has gotten me lately. Went into a few matched without paying attention expecting it to be a bronze match only to end up getting eviscreated on wave one gold diffulcty. oh the horror.

Had the enemy switched on me a few times, but not recently. I'm not complaining about it, it's just a bit odd that 12 games in a row i was fighting the same enemy.

But the diffulcty stealth change has gotten me lately. Went into a few matched without paying attention expecting it to be a bronze match only to end up getting eviscreated on wave one gold diffulcty. oh the horror.
    RNG is RNG I guess.

And yeah the ninja difficulty changes are a bitch. I'm surprised I managed to get to Wave 5 on my Drell Adept without dying on that silver match. XD

Quote Originally Posted by Duncanîdaho View Post
    I totally agree. I got the DLC before I even started the game, and I honestly can't envision the game without him. He felt like he belonged there by your side the whole time, and added a ton to the story I thought. It really is a shame he is DLC. To me not having him, would be like not having a Garrus or a Tali in ME 1. I actually grew to like him that much, and he has just as much screen time as the others. Waaaaaay more effort was put into him then say Kasumi or Zaheed. They are true side characters, Javik definitely is not. He belongs there front and centre.

I always had him and Liara with my Paragon Vanguard Shep. What a team.
    mmmhm easily worth the 10 bucks imo. You know I feel all the characters are strong and have tonnes of depth. I'm so glad they went that route this game as opposed to me2. I felt that the toons in this game were vastly more fleshed out and real than in the previous games. Even James Vega. At the outset I thought I was gonna hate Jimmy Vega. After you talk to him and interact with him, he's actually a really well thought out character. He's shepard before shepard became shepard. Seriously. He's starting out in the N7 program. He's got alot ahead of him in terms of learning to be a leader and making crack decisions. He has a back story (just like sheps you pick) that sorta follows him and colors him a bit. I'm actually rather excited their making an anime about it. I hope it's not butchered. He's relatable. I actually let him call me Loco. He also relates well with the other toons. I love his argument with garrus in the kitchen. I love when he cooks eggs for ashley after getting her wasted. So many good warm memories