15+ Year Old Account
    I was dreading this weekends challenge just because I have no good weapons or my good ones are still rank 1 or two. Pretty much reager carbine, valiant, and black widow are my 3 best weapons (the cerberus pistol and carnifex for those but I only use those on adepts and don't count them as part of their kit) But it was fine and was mostly thanks to my team mates that made a Ghost Reaper Gold pretty easy.

Of course I was playing an odd shotgun choice as a female quarian engineer. But the turret and the slow from cyro helped out a bunch on brutes/banshees. I just wish my packs upgraded or gave me good weapons instead of upgrading the weapons I never or aren't as good as weak versions of other weapons. Mostly though I want the new sniper rifle cause I pretty much play mostly sniper builds but I think I'll fit the carbine in even if its still rank 1
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Just a heads up: Only full extractions will count towards the community/allied goal of 400k extractions.

sweet that means that my sucessful gold reaper run counted for both solo and comunity goal didnt expect it to go as smoothly as it did though, but i guess with the comp we had in the team along with the bis weapon for those classes helped a ton
    someone else might have gotten it wrong.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by tnpm View Post
    sweet that means that my sucessful gold reaper run counted for both solo and comunity goal
    Now solo a gold reaper run.

Funny thing I just came to think of. I still haven't played a single match on Firebase Goddess.

---------- Post added 2012-07-15 at 12:36 AM ----------

I'm not even gonna try Gold, not with this quality of players on Silver. Can't imagine how bad it is higher up.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    Just a heads up: Only full extractions will count towards the community/allied goal of 400k extractions.
    What makes you say that? I'm under the impression it only has to be at least 1 person to extract for both community and squad goals.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Windry View Post
    What makes you say that? I'm under the impression it only has to be at least 1 person to extract for both community and squad goals.
    http://social.bioware.com/forum/1/to...58159#13114528
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

UGH... I don't think we're going to make this one... I've done over 20 games of Gold Reaper in the last 2 days. My head hurts, and I don't think I can stomach anymore MP... and in those 20 games, I think only 3 were full extractions.

Quote Originally Posted by Windry View Post
    UGH... I don't think we're going to make this one... I've done over 20 games of Gold Reaper in the last 2 days. My head hurts, and I don't think I can stomach anymore MP... and in those 20 games, I think only 3 were full extractions.
    Every difficulty counts for the 400k.

---------- Post added 2012-07-15 at 02:02 AM ----------

http://www.newsarama.com/games/sdcc-...nt-future.html

Text stream live from the panel. Starting now.

Every difficulty counts for the 400k.
    Ya, maybe silver and bronze will carry this goal. We'll see. I don't see gold players contributing that much to this goal.

So far it's been background info and motivations for the EC. Apparently the flow chart was shown. I really hope we get a video of that some time, apparently it's four times larger than that for the original endings.

---------- Post added 2012-07-15 at 02:19 AM ----------

Trailer for Earth DLC has been shown, I expect it'll show up on youtube soon.

---------- Post added 2012-07-15 at 02:20 AM ----------

Gamble said "If you keep playing we'll just keep making it, it's that simple."

"Well it's not really that simple, but we get it done!"

---------- Post added 2012-07-15 at 02:22 AM ----------

5:22
    For those coming in late, they did promise an announcement of some kind toward the end of the panel, plus a Fan Q&A in a bit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Is there a site where one can watch this?

So far I've only found the text stream I linked.

---------- Post added 2012-07-15 at 02:40 AM ----------

"5:38
    Sylvia loved the epilogue scene with Liara getting to be a hologram like sigil later on."

/cringe

Gaming sites really need to send people who have played the series beforehand. >.<

---------- Post added 2012-07-15 at 02:42 AM ----------

Q&A now. Interesting first question.

Q: Will you ever show female Turians in any of the DLC or anything?

Gamble, "That's not the first time we've been asked that, and we definitely take fan feedback to heart."

Second answer is equally as interesting.

The panel said there's absolutely "no canon ending"

---------- Post added 2012-07-15 at 02:42 AM ----------

Q: Any chance of bringing in "past battles" like Krogan vs Rachni or something like that into some DLC?

Gamble: "We look at our entire IP and we look at places we can tell stories all the time, that's all I can really say about that."

---------- Post added 2012-07-15 at 02:44 AM ----------

Q: What's the deal with the kid and Shepard seeing him through the whole game?

Hepler said it was just to tie Shepard's story personally to Earth and the feeling of not being able to save the child.

So, pretty much what one could and should expect. Nothing fancy there.

10+ Year Old Account
    Figured there wouldn't be a canon ending.

I want to know what's up with the oily shadows in the dream sequences. After watching the indoctrination theory videos I can't get past the correlation between those and how the Rachni queen described the Reaper's influence.

Q: What's the motivation with the teaser survival of Shepard in one ending?

Sylvia said "We were looking at all the endings, and we were wondering if they were TOO bleak. For fans who scraped every last thing off the galaxy map, we wanted to give them a little beacon of hope."

---------- Post added 2012-07-15 at 02:48 AM ----------

"It was really hard to let go of Shepard for us too, so it was kinda just for us too."

---------- Post added 2012-07-15 at 02:49 AM ----------

Ley said "We did make it ambiguous on purpose..."

Hepler: "It could just be a last gasp before death, yeah."

---------- Post added 2012-07-15 at 02:50 AM ----------

5:50
    That was last question... and now a "little something to share"

5:50
    First here's the voice of Kaidan up on stage again.

5:51
    It's kind of weird hearing his voice come out of a real person's mouth. He was just up to announce a signing at BioWare base.

---------- Post added 2012-07-15 at 02:52 AM ----------

5:51
    Mike Gamble wants you to look on the screen...

Damn this MMO-champion posting limit! >.<

---------- Post added 2012-07-15 at 02:53 AM ----------

5:52
    It's a teaser for future content... and it is underwater somewhere in a vehicle that looks a lot like an Atlas.

And that's it. Nothing more. D:

10+ Year Old Account
    Can't delete this post, so I'll just edit it.

At any rate I think the idea of having Shepard around for another game following the events of ME3 has been effectively squashed. Nice that it's open to interpretation depending on the ending you picked, though.
    Last edited by Grizzly Willy; 2012-07-15 at 12:57 AM.

I'd go to bed since it's 3am here, but I'm waiting for the freaking trailer to show up on youtube. :'(

10+ Year Old Account
    It's kind of weird hearing his voice come out of a real person's mouth. He was just up to announce a signing at BioWare base.
    Come to think of it, it would be weird talking to one of the VA's.

Especially Garrus. His VA has some unique inflections in his voice, would be weird to hear that coming from a human, and I don't mean the special sound effect they add to all turian voices. He has a tendency to, I don't know, I guess add stress to certain words oddly. Nothing against it btw, it gives Garrus a bit of a perk and it's nothing terribly noticeable.
    Putin khuliyo