Quote Originally Posted by shimargh View Post
    none of the FFs had anything to do with the one before, but eidolons, magic, names, and some lore details...(obiusly this doesn't apply to any FF with a direct second part)
    And our beloved guardians.
    Shiva motherfuckers!

Quote Originally Posted by Gravath View Post
    And our beloved guardians.
    Shiva motherfuckers!
    Shiva can't hold a candle (har har) to Ifrit's might (and FF8's Bahamut)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CFi2AXYZf7c

Final Fantasy 6's Espers were the only variation of the summons that ever mattered:

"Centuries ago, 3 gods were banished to this planet. In no time, they began fighting. Those humans that got in the way, were turned into Espers. Espers, at first, were welcome among humans. But 1,000 years ago, the great war of the magi occurred. After this disastrous war, Espers sealed themselves way, in a hidden realm. There they lived quietly in peace, until the Emperor made his way there."

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrmwing View Post
    Shiva can't hold a candle (har har) to Ifrit's might (and FF8's Bahamut)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CFi2AXYZf7c
    Bahamut was cute in X, but Ifrit is just using alot of ember and smoke to compensate for something.

On that note, Seymour can GO TO HELL!
    Last edited by Gravath; 2012-07-22 at 04:44 PM.

Ixion > All!

Quote Originally Posted by Buu View Post
    No, the problem is not about the throw 20 bucks at "a game". The problem is WHICH game. ME3? Come on... Of all the choices....
    Or better yet spend it on RMAH items in Diablo! Much better! THIS GUY! Pretending to tell you what you should spend your money on 24/7. The same guy who enjoys farmville more than Me3.

---------- Post added 2012-07-22 at 08:13 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post

Don't expect everyone who wants to discuss ME3 to agree that ME3 isn't a waste to spend money on though.[COLOR="red"]
    By the same token I don't expect to be jumped by forum people every time I say I spent X on Y because I liked it. Then again we live in a crazy world.

---------- Post added 2012-07-22 at 08:14 PM ----------

Don't expect everyone who wants to discuss ME3 to agree that ME3 isn't a waste to spend money on though.[COLOR="red"]
    By the same token I don't expect to be jumped by forum people every time I say I spent X on Y because I liked it. Unless of course Y is every bodies favorite pet (steam or skyrim or gw2 or whatever). Then again we live in a crazy world.

It is what you implied when you claimed he couldn't say anything about the value of ME3 because this is a ME3 mega thread.
    LOL What? I think it's silly for someone to randomly pop in just to bash someone for spending money on a game they still enjoy enough to decide to spend money on, in a thread all about that game, so I worship said game? I didn't imply a thing. You read what you wanted to read. There's a big difference.

He's free to say whatever he wants, but don't expect me to stand by and not say anything when his comment is directed at me.

Quote Originally Posted by Moontalon View Post
    LOL What? I think it's silly for someone to randomly pop in just to bash someone for spending money on a game they still enjoy enough to decide to spend money on, in a thread all about that game, so I worship said game? I didn't imply a thing. You read what you wanted to read. There's a big difference.

He's free to say whatever he wants, but don't expect me to stand by and not say anything when his comment is directed at me.
    Nothing wrong with spending money on luxury items if you have extra money to spend on such items.

If a video game developer removed tumors from players, they'd whine about nerfing their loss in weight and access to radiation powers. -Cracked.com

Come on guys, whatever Moontalon chooses to spend his money on is completely up to him. I can't believe this thread is having a financial discussion now. I've spent a hell of a lot of money on LoL skins considering I've only played the game for a month. A lot of people say that is wasteful, but they're not bashing me for my decision and that is exactly how it should be..

Let's talk about something more fun (and more Mass Effect) D;

So I'm on playthrough 5 of my goal to play at least 3 classes three times through (normal, hardcore, insanity) and see the destroy, synthesis, and control endings. For my soldier [insanity - finished] I chose destroy, on my vanguard [hardcore - on Tuchanka] I'm choosing synthesis, and on the third [either engineer or sentinel so I can get that damned overload achievement] I'm going to choose control.

So far I've found destroy to be my favorite. It's mostly because I want my Shepard to survive and be able to reunite with Liara after the war is over, and I feel that civilization should progress on their own to achieve synthesis, not gain it because one being decided it for them.

Don't get me wrong, I like the synthesis ending and was happy to see these characters,and to an extent their associated races, that I've become attached to prosper.
    Last edited by Grizzly Willy; 2012-07-23 at 01:18 AM.

What is it then? If Anti-ME3 comments can't be made and only Pro-ME3 comments can what is it if not worship? A mega thread by its very nature will contain both negative and positive comments in discussions about a game. That is because a mega thread exists to contain all discussion on the topic instead of having numerous threads cluttering up the forum. This isn't a I can only say good things about the game mega thread.

Saying you could have spent money better elsewhere isn't bashing you it is just talking about what you posted. Two others mentioned how they thought it was a waste but were not also accused of bashing you. The poster in question also isn't new to this thread as they have made comments in the past.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by Muzual View Post
    Let's talk about something more fun (and more Mass Effect) D;
    Indeed! More fun! And more Higgs Bos - uh - I mean Mass Effect

I found this little gem on Priority: The Citadel and it amused me

I love games that don't always take themselves so seriously and add little hidden things like this.

If a video game developer removed tumors from players, they'd whine about nerfing their loss in weight and access to radiation powers. -Cracked.com

What is it then? If Anti-ME3 comments can't be made and only Pro-ME3 comments can what is it if not worship? A mega thread by its very nature will contain both negative and positive comments in discussions about a game. That is because a mega thread exists to contain all discussion on the topic instead of having numerous threads cluttering up the forum. This isn't a I can only say good things about the game mega thread.

Saying you could have spent money better elsewhere isn't bashing you it is just talking about what you posted. Two others mentioned how they thought it was a waste but were not also accused of bashing you. The poster in question also isn't new to this thread as they have made comments in the past.
    As I said, he can say whatever he wants to say. Nowhere did I say that he couldn't. However, I'm also going to reply when his comments are made directly at me.

You're reading what you wanted to read instead of what I said. There's nothing I can do about that, so have at it, my boy. I'm not going to be sucked into the Merry-Go-Round Named Rhorle again.
    Quote Originally Posted by orissa View Post
    Indeed! More fun! And more Higgs Bos - uh - I mean Mass Effect

I found this little gem on Priority: The Citadel and it amused me

I love games that don't always take themselves so seriously and add little hidden things like this.
    It's stuff like that that makes me play these games to death. I always feel like I missed something. XD
    Last edited by Oerba Yun Fang; 2012-07-23 at 01:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by orissa View Post
    Nothing wrong with spending money on luxury items if you have extra money to spend on such items.
    Especially considering how good the ME3 model is compared to other games,

I mean it's completely optional, you don't feel urged to pay to win or anything.

And also more importantly, they use that money input to add FREE content that even those who don't pay get to enjoy. So before bashing those who pay, keep in mind those players are actually founding the new content development.

Blizzard is probably making incredibly more through Diablo 3 RMAH and already mentioned they wouldn't be able to release new content for some unknown reasons.

Only 2 of us left, other guy is stuck in the air...
    No more medigel, wave 10
    http://i.imgur.com/VYjqw.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Yakobo15 View Post
    Only 2 of us left, other guy is stuck in the air...
    No more medigel, wave 10
    http://i.imgur.com/VYjqw.jpg
    Platinum or Gold?

Platinum or Gold?
    Gold, was 3man pugging it, then the Cerberus adept got stuck in the air on wave 7 and the soldier went afk at the end of wave 9 while I was kiting the end of the wave...

Quote Originally Posted by Yakobo15 View Post
    Gold, was 3man pugging it, then the Cerberus adept got stuck in the air on wave 7 and the soldier went afk at the end of wave 9 while I was kiting the end of the wave...
    Ouch. >_O I'm not sure what's worse, failing at the beginning of the match or failing that close to the end. lol

Ouch. >_O I'm not sure what's worse, failing at the beginning of the match or failing that close to the end. lol
    Failing at lvl3 before you complete the objective.

And on a unrelated note, Bioware could learn a thing or two from PSO2 when it comes to character customization.
    Last edited by Gravath; 2012-07-23 at 11:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gravath View Post
    No thanks. That just looks ridiculous. I think I'd have to stop playing if nonsense like that was running around all the time.