My only grievance about Omega is the lack of Squadmate involvement. The lack of squad dialogue and interaction has a way of making the mission feel disjointed from the rest of the game, at lest that's how I felt with the mute squadmates in LotSB and Overlord.

But I have high hopes that Aria and Nyreen will satisfy so I remain optimistic.

BTW: What´s the point in adding more and more war assets with each DLC when they already reduced the needed EMS for the best ending to 3000 or something?
    Continuity. But aside from that, I actually like War Assets, not because of the affect they have on your ending or game in general, but because, like Planet descriptions, I feel they add to the universe. I enjoyed collecting them and reading about the different forces and troops in the galaxy, I felt it added some depth and insight into the Alien species and their militaries and I welcome more.
    Last edited by Puck; 2012-11-23 at 10:56 AM.

I collect war assets just because I like to see how high I can get it. And, while I know intellectually that anything above the 3000ish required for the better endings does nothing, I find myself thinking that higher assets are a good thing anyway.

But who knows? Maybe they will add a "perfect" ending after all the DLC is out and that'll become canon for ME4!! ... What? A man can dream, damn it!

Quote Originally Posted by Moontalon View Post
    I collect war assets just because I like to see how high I can get it. And, while I know intellectually that anything above the 3000ish required for the better endings does nothing, I find myself thinking that higher assets are a good thing anyway.

But who knows? Maybe they will add a "perfect" ending after all the DLC is out and that'll become canon for ME4!! ... What? A man can dream, damn it!
    I actually found a very good thread on the ME3 forums about that http://social.bioware.com/forum/Mass...3110654-1.html

It´s called "Puzzle Theory" and is basically speculation that once we have done all DLCs and collected all of those war assets that come with them BW will give us a perfect ending as "thanks" for playing the series and supporting them and Shepard. You know an ending where you can successfully refuse and win the war without your cycle to fail.

Maybe it will be a happy end for all the fans where the whole Crew of the Normandy survives with Shepard instead of Shepard dying (or being presumably dead).

Quote Originally Posted by Megaira View Post
    instead of Shepard dying (or being presumably dead).
    Or possibly alive. :P

I saw that Puzzle Theory thing before too. It's interesting, at least.

Quote Originally Posted by Moontalon View Post
    Or possibly alive. :P

I saw that Puzzle Theory thing before too. It's interesting, at least.
    That´s why I wrote "presumably dead" because we don´t know if he is really alive. We only see him in the rubble taking a breath. I still don´t know if it was an actual breath or not.

Still I would love to have an ending where you can shoot the Catalyst and then successfully win the war on your own terms instead of getting an "Game over" screen with Liara´s time capsule.

Why have they added this 4th ending if the only thing you gain out of it is to doom the galaxy? This is why I believe that once we have done the final DLC they will decide to give us a special thanks to wrap up the Shepard storyline before they release ME4. Maybe that perfect ending will be canon for ME4, who knows?

I would've said "possibly dead" rather than presumably. Meh, semantics, to hell with 'em.

Their original explanation for the addition of the refusal option was something along the lines of "players wanted it, so we added it." I guess there were a lot of players saying they were upset that they couldn't take the course of action they felt Shepard would be most likely to (i.e. saying go to hell to the Catalyst and continuing his/her mission as planned). Could be as simple as that, could've been a convenient excuse for a grand scheme regarding the DLC that BW has had, or could be a little of both. Who knows. I'm just gonna enjoy the ride either way.

By the way I found another thing that hints on a future DLC featuring Harbringer and the Collectors:

Harbinger and the Collectors are effectively an ace in the hole for Bioware. I'm expecting they'll save their return in the single player campaign for something truly epic, maybe even their last DLC.

Anything in single player that involves Harbinger and/or the Collectors is guaranteed to sell like hot cakes. Combine that with a final, shock twist in the tale that leads us into ME4 = welcome to Hypesville.

Plus, I don't believe for one second that Bioware went through the trouble of redesigning, reanimating and rebalancing the entire Collector faction for a free multiplayer DLC only; that's a hell of a lot of hard work, and re-using the assets in a single player DLC is a way to make it pay off.

FInally - look at the end of the Retaliation trailer, where Harbinger drops down onto Firebase Dagger. That is not an animated cut scene. That is footage from the game engine. An in-game Harbinger model, on an in-game map.

By the way I found another thing that hints on a future DLC featuring Harbringer and the Collectors:

Harbinger and the Collectors are effectively an ace in the hole for Bioware. I'm expecting they'll save their return in the single player campaign for something truly epic, maybe even their last DLC.

Anything in single player that involves Harbinger and/or the Collectors is guaranteed to sell like hot cakes. Combine that with a final, shock twist in the tale that leads us into ME4 = welcome to Hypesville.

Plus, I don't believe for one second that Bioware went through the trouble of redesigning, reanimating and rebalancing the entire Collector faction for a free multiplayer DLC only; that's a hell of a lot of hard work, and re-using the assets in a single player DLC is a way to make it pay off.

FInally - look at the end of the Retaliation trailer, where Harbinger drops down onto Firebase Dagger. That is not an animated cut scene. That is footage from the game engine. An in-game Harbinger model, on an in-game map.
    The fact that they took the time to remodel/adapt ME2 model for multiplayer indeed hints at a Single Player DLC involving collectors. Omega might have been the occasion but it seems it might be later.

[/LEFT]
    Harbinger model is already present in ME3 SP - you can see it at the Citadel transportation beam on Earth, London. It's the reaper that shoots Death-rays at ya.

Why have they added this 4th ending if the only thing you gain out of it is to doom the galaxy? This is why I believe that once we have done the final DLC they will decide to give us a special thanks to wrap up the Shepard storyline before they release ME4. Maybe that perfect ending will be canon for ME4, who knows?

Because the players wanted it.
    Fits in good with the fact that bioware stated prior to ME3 release that it would be possible to lose to the reapers.

If they add a "perfect" ending atall, especially for after all the dlc, then screw them forever.
    Already not pre-ordering da3/"me4".

If they added a IT ending, or that puzzle ending. I'd pre-order DA3 & ME4 2 times in order to make up for Yakobo15 not ordering
    To declare that a personal, inner experience gives certainty about the workings of the universe is to assign far too much value to one’s subjective sense of conviction.
    I’m not that arrogant.

The brain, marvelous instrument though it is, isn’t infallible. It can misfire, seize or hallucinate, and it can do so in a way that’s utterly indistinguishable from reality to the person experiencing it.

Sure isnt perfect ending without Anderson.

Quote Originally Posted by Gravath View Post
    Sure isnt perfect ending without Anderson.
    Not looking for perfect, just one without the deus ex ending.
    To declare that a personal, inner experience gives certainty about the workings of the universe is to assign far too much value to one’s subjective sense of conviction.
    I’m not that arrogant.

The brain, marvelous instrument though it is, isn’t infallible. It can misfire, seize or hallucinate, and it can do so in a way that’s utterly indistinguishable from reality to the person experiencing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dezerte View Post
    Not looking for perfect, just one without the deus ex ending.
    That would be an actual ending.

It sounds like wishful thinking, but assuming it's correct I'm fine with a perfect ending as long as it doesn't require you to have purchased any DLC (in any of the three games).

So, I haven't checked up on ME3 since the Extended Cut came out. Anything important I've missed concerning single player?
    If Goku's power level increases at the same rate till the end of DBGT as it does till the end of the Frieza saga, as a SS4 Goku would have a PL of roughly 939 Quinoctogintillion. For reference that is a 260 digit number. A PL of 14,600 is required to destroy an earth sized planet. There are about 2 nonillion earths worth of mass in the universe. That means SS4 Goku can destroy the universe about 32 Octosexagintillion times over. There's a reason they made Goku a god at the end of GT.

Quote Originally Posted by Laurcus View Post
    So, I haven't checked up on ME3 since the Extended Cut came out. Anything important I've missed concerning single player?
    Leviathan.

Speaking of Leviathan, you should get it ASAP. It's apparently discounted to only 400 BW points today.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    Speaking of Leviathan, you should get it ASAP. It's apparently discounted to only 400 BW points today.
    I still see it at 800 BW points.