1. #13081
    Titan Adam Jensen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Sarif Industries, Detroit
    Posts
    12,530
    Did I just get a bronze mission that failed because we had three praetorians at twice that in scions?

    The hell? That last mission was like a silver difficulty or worse. And it didn't help that I was testing a shitty rifle I had just picked up.

    If a video game developer removed tumors from players, they'd whine about nerfing their loss in weight and access to radiation powers. -Cracked.com

  2. #13082
    Herald of the Titans Yakobro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    England
    Posts
    2,585
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    But ME1 was just all action tunnels too. The missions were all follow the tunnel in the velhicle, then follow the tunnel in the buildings. http://masseffect.wikia.com/wiki/Noveria:_Peak_15 only had one way to get through it. I think this is just a case of rose tinted glasses and not really seeing the other games for what they are. There certain are flaws with ME3 and it does certainly lack some side missions and stuff.

    But when it comes down to it all 3 games are very similar in all the core things and story telling methods. And I most certainly think the AI improvements are one thousand times better then ME1 where they all just charged you.
    "There are three other doors on the left, when entering the room. The first leads to the scientists quarters, the second leads down the med lab, the third leads to a sealed off section of the base. Be warned hacking the door here will turn all the guards against you. In order to progress the story you need to get into the secure lab, and the only way to do that without setting off every alarm is to get access to the maintenance area."

    "Note: Once you enter the Hot Labs after receiving access, you cannot leave without activating the purge. If you activate the purge before dealing with Matriarch Benezia then go back to the survivors, they will all attack you at the same time under the Matriarch's orders."


    Rather than just being an asshole, being a renegade in ME1 was about you just getting the job done... not killing people for lols and being a complete dick.
    You don't need to do any of the quests for the guys in the station (once you activate the tram). You can just hack the door, fight the guards and get to Benezia.

  3. #13083
    Scarab Lord Puck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Williams Lake, BC, Canada
    Posts
    4,297
    Quote Originally Posted by Yakobo15 View Post
    "There are three other doors on the left, when entering the room. The first leads to the scientists quarters, the second leads down the med lab, the third leads to a sealed off section of the base. Be warned hacking the door here will turn all the guards against you. In order to progress the story you need to get into the secure lab, and the only way to do that without setting off every alarm is to get access to the maintenance area."

    "Note: Once you enter the Hot Labs after receiving access, you cannot leave without activating the purge. If you activate the purge before dealing with Matriarch Benezia then go back to the survivors, they will all attack you at the same time under the Matriarch's orders."


    Rather than just being an asshole, being a renegade in ME1 was about you just getting the job done... not killing people for lols and being a complete dick.
    You don't need to do any of the quests for the guys in the station (once you activate the tram). You can just hack the door, fight the guards and get to Benezia.
    ME1 may have had more dialogue, but most of the options where exactly the same and just worded differently to give the illusion of choice. I can;t tell you how many times you'd come across dialogue options like this:

    1. You're cool
    2. You're awesome
    3. You're stupid, but I need you

    Honestly, I feel the dialogue was muh better in ME3, there may not have been as many options but the scenes felt more fluent and when the options were presented they mattered more.

  4. #13084
    Titan Adam Jensen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Sarif Industries, Detroit
    Posts
    12,530
    Quote Originally Posted by The EagleOwl Mage View Post
    ME1 may have had more dialogue, but most of the options where exactly the same and just worded differently to give the illusion of choice. I can;t tell you how many times you'd come across dialogue options like this:

    1. You're cool
    2. You're awesome
    3. You're stupid, but I need you

    Honestly, I feel the dialogue was muh better in ME3, there may not have been as many options but the scenes felt more fluent and when the options were presented they mattered more.
    ME1 Renegade Shep was Asshole Shep lol.

    If a video game developer removed tumors from players, they'd whine about nerfing their loss in weight and access to radiation powers. -Cracked.com

  5. #13085
    Over 9000! Nerraw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    9,908
    And people complained about the Renegade Shep of ME3 being too much of a bastard. -.-

  6. #13086
    Titan Adam Jensen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Sarif Industries, Detroit
    Posts
    12,530
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    And people complained about the Renegade Shep of ME3 being too much of a bastard. -.-
    Though I did enjoy "that's because its a big stupid jellyfish!" in ME1.

    If a video game developer removed tumors from players, they'd whine about nerfing their loss in weight and access to radiation powers. -Cracked.com

  7. #13087
    I am Murloc! rhorle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    5,272
    Quote Originally Posted by Megaira View Post
    Why not? I actually enjoy laughing at some dudes that cry like 5 year old children. Wheres your problem?
    That you are posting about it here? We don't need to discuss how bad a community is.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

  8. #13088
    Herald of the Titans Yakobro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    England
    Posts
    2,585
    Quote Originally Posted by The EagleOwl Mage View Post
    ME1 may have had more dialogue, but most of the options where exactly the same and just worded differently to give the illusion of choice. I can;t tell you how many times you'd come across dialogue options like this:

    1. You're cool
    2. You're awesome
    3. You're stupid, but I need you

    Honestly, I feel the dialogue was muh better in ME3, there may not have been as many options but the scenes felt more fluent and when the options were presented they mattered more.
    Oh hey there kettle, you're pretty black.

    http://i.imgur.com/nBmfShI.jpg
    http://i.imgur.com/D4D4GaC.jpg
    http://i.imgur.com/LSDOzfe.jpg

  9. #13089
    I am Murloc! rhorle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    5,272
    Quote Originally Posted by Megaira View Post
    Well the krogan apparantly is a kit from the current MP DLC or a new one at least it is Firebase Goddess so it is not SP related.
    Or you know its a single player DLC that takes place on Thessia. Remember the original Multiplayer maps did show up in the single player campaign in one form or another. Just because it is a multiplayer only map now doesn't mean it can't show up as a single player map in a DLC.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

  10. #13090
    They could have had a few more dialogue choices but overall the story of ME3 is better than ME2. ME2 kinda felt disconnected from the series and I felt less atachment to the characters in that game than I did in the 3rd one. The 3rd one is actually rather moving. Shit happens.

  11. #13091
    Scarab Lord Puck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Williams Lake, BC, Canada
    Posts
    4,297
    Quote Originally Posted by Yakobo15 View Post
    I don't get what this response is supposed to prove? That ME3 was actually honest about the lack of dialogue choices you had?

  12. #13092
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyIommi View Post
    BSN is a hive if scum and villany. You think people would take a tease for what it is, A TEASE. In any event the screenshots look cool. Casino on the citadel maybe?
    BSN is Mos Eisley?

    Origin & LoL Username: Vaklaruush
    Friend Code: 0173 2722 8584

  13. #13093
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Or you know its a single player DLC that takes place on Thessia. Remember the original Multiplayer maps did show up in the single player campaign in one form or another. Just because it is a multiplayer only map now doesn't mean it can't show up as a single player map in a DLC.
    That would be the lamest thing ever to be honest. Why should they do another N7 style mission on a a map that we already know from MP?

    Nah it is definitely a MP kit and despite your pleasure in arguing against most of the things here even you have to realize that those maps are 1000% the same.

    BTW: The DLC is most likely not taking place on Thessia as this "casino" screenshot is either on Illium or the Citadel (I believe the latter) and not on Thessia. A casino on Thessia while the Reapers devastate the planet? Nah not likely.

    Looks more like the Wards to me.

    ---------- Post added 2013-01-29 at 09:29 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by The EagleOwl Mage View Post
    I don't get what this response is supposed to prove? That ME3 was actually honest about the lack of dialogue choices you had?
    I think that you guys should leave Yakobo alone with his ME3 "disgust" and "hate". Please let him his nostalgic feeling of that super great ME1 that was sooo much better than any other ME game after that.

    Why argue if the only thing he does is act like ME3 was utter crap?

  14. #13094
    Herald of the Titans Yakobro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    England
    Posts
    2,585
    Quote Originally Posted by Megaira View Post
    I think that you guys should leave Yakobo alone with his ME3 "disgust" and "hate". Please let him his nostalgic feeling of that super great ME1 that was sooo much better than any other ME game after that.

    Why argue if the only thing he does is act like ME3 was utter crap?
    When did I say it was utter crap?
    Maybe you should have a time out if you lose the ability to read.
    When they announced they were making ME3 more of an RPG than 2 I hoped for more than weapon attachments then narrower levels.

  15. #13095
    Quote Originally Posted by Yakobo15 View Post
    When did I say it was utter crap?
    Maybe you should have a time out if you lose the ability to read.
    When they announced they were making ME3 more of an RPG than 2 I hoped for more than weapon attachments then narrower levels.
    Well you did not directly say it but everything you wrote sounded like you find the game just bad. That´s not my reading skill that´s how you presented it here. I think you should just stick with ME1 or whatever you like and stop saying how much better the first ME was.

  16. #13096
    Bloodsail Admiral Mordin Solus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    tuchanka
    Posts
    1,116
    guys come on play nice we dont need any more bans like gravath in here
    someone else might have gotten it wrong.

  17. #13097
    Yeah I really have no patience to discuss which game is best in the series. Let´s get back to that teasers.

    So a few guys I read on various places think that this casino and that Krogan are both on Illium and that this DLC will play there.

    Well I honestly have to say that the only possibility for that casino location is somewhere on the Citadel Wards. Why?

    "Reaper forces met a surprising amount of resistance at Illium. Its leaders were paranoid about keeping their fortunes, and were influential in both Terminus and Citadel space. They acquired a large defense fleet and a high number of fission weapons, and in the brief space battle, used them on the Reaper fleet's troop transports rather their near-impervious capital ships. As a result, the inevitable ground invasion has been slowed to a crawl as the Reapers manufacture more troops."

    So that means that a casino on Illium would be pretty devastated after the Reapers ransacked Illium. Thessia sounds not likely too because if you play the DLC after Priority Thessia then the Reapers destroyed that planet too. The only place that is not harmed until the end is the Citadel.

    I too think that those are 2 different DLCs (Krogan is MP). Why?

    Michael Gamble ‏@GambleMike
    Enjoy your teasers. Two for the price of one

    Which implies that one DLC is free (the MP one) and one not (the SP one). I honestly don´t see them pull another N7 mission on a reused FB Goddess map.

    Last edited by The Illusive Man; 2013-01-29 at 10:47 AM.

  18. #13098
    Mechagnome RoboA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    588
    The Design of this place looks very much like the citadel type of club.
    warp field to weaken its armor, let it close, then tech armor! - Turian hipster

  19. #13099
    Or the pic is Aria's new bar in Citadel. Mind=>Blown.

    Krogan tease isn't something to discuss with length, but yes this night club has some nice potential to it.

    Well, it's all good to me, I need a good relief after all this "you gonna graduate" bullshit I'm going through.
    "So, he sent a succubus to seduce you, and lure you down to his side. And yet, first thing you do is to check her ass? Ah, kid, you've got much to learn.."

  20. #13100
    Quote Originally Posted by RoboA View Post
    The Design of this place looks very much like the citadel type of club.
    It looks like a mix of Purgatory bar and the Zakera Ward we were to in ME2. It instantaneous reminded me of a mix of Purgatory and Garrus/Thane´s loyality missions.

    Lol Aria´s new establishment on the Citadel. That would be amazing

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •