10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by leafs43 View Post
    Never.

Bioware won't see another dime from me until its fixed. Which probably means Bioware will just continue on the EA development plan of "do whatever is cheapest, not what the fans would actually like."
    Bioware's never going to see a dime from you then.

Quote Originally Posted by Grizzly Willy View Post
    Bioware's never going to see a dime from you then.
    Lord knows how but somehow I'm sure they'll manage to survive LOL

I only speak for myself but I have a feeling there are many fans out there that feel the same way I do.
    There are also many that don't. So... yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by Leonard McCoy View Post
    Lord knows how but somehow I'm sure they'll manage to survive LOL

You'd think so but one of the main principles of business is it is easier to retain customers than to gain new ones and losing customers costs money.

The old 80-20 rule. 80% of your business comes from 20% of your customers.

In fact, probably the reason why this is probably the last DLC is because they pissed off too many people to make DLC profitable. ME3 was supposed to be their prized jewel and it's going to end up with less DLC than ME 2. That sounds an awful lot like something is wrong.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yuanrang View Post
    Want to know the ironic part about your comment? The livestream DID show a lot of extremely epic stuff that SHOULD warrant a page increase such as this, but it seems people are more concerned about debating over the endings for the N'th time, instead of talking about what one should realistically aim for tomorrow, and what would be good goals and what not.
    Perhaps if people stopped telling others to stop discussing topics and actually discussed things about the dlc then the dlc would be discussed? The problem is that posting how you hate a topic and no one should ever discuss it again is silly. It doesn't add to the discussion, it doesn't create a worth while discussion. If people want to discuss a topic then let them discuss it.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

In fact, probably the reason why this is probably the last DLC is because they pissed off too many people to make DLC profitable. ME3 was supposed to be their prized jewel and it's going to end up with less DLC than ME 2. That sounds an awful lot like something is wrong.
    The major DLCs from ME2 were Overlord, LotSB and Arrival.

ME3 has Leviathan, Omega and the Citadel.

It's true that ME2 also had stuff like the Normandy Crash Site, but don't forget that ME3 has a lot of multplayer DLCs.

I didn't count, but: http://masseffect.wikia.com/wiki/Downloadable_Content

It's a lot closer than you think.

15+ Year Old Account
    The Extended Cut wasn't planned and forced them to change the DLC schedule. If fans didn't force them to do the Extended Cut then we likely would have had a "true" DLC in its place. Also Mass Effect 3 will only have one less "Content" DLC then Mass Effect 2. I'm not counting weapon packs or alternate appearance packs because those aren't "big" ones. Mass Effect 3 has Extended Cut, Leviathan, Omega, and Citadel. Mass Effect 2 had Fire walker, Kasumi, Overlord, Lair of the Shadow Broker and Arrival. Arrival could be considered to not be a Mass Effect 2 DLC since it acts more like a Prequel to ME3 then a extension of ME2.

It does seem a little early for there to be no more ME3 DLC since ME4 likely isn't 2-3 years away unless they really push it.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

You'd think so but one of the main principles of business is it is easier to retain customers than to gain new ones and losing customers costs money.

The old 80-20 rule. 80% of your business comes from 20% of your customers.

Actually no not really. In terms of actual story dlc it's tied.

From the Ashes
    Leviathan
    Omega
    Citadel

Zaeed
    Kasumi
    Lair
    Overlord

Me2 had more side things like normandy crash site and firewalker tank but in terms of overall story your getting about the same in both games. Actually I forgot about EC as well. More story but not really interactive I guess. And really when you count multiplayer dlc packs it's probably about even.

---------- Post added 2013-02-25 at 10:53 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    The Extended Cut wasn't planned and forced them to change the DLC schedule. If fans didn't force them to do the Extended Cut then we likely would have had a "true" DLC in its place. Also Mass Effect 3 will only have one less "Content" DLC then Mass Effect 2. I'm not counting weapon packs or alternate appearance packs because those aren't "big" ones. Mass Effect 3 has Extended Cut, Leviathan, Omega, and Citadel. Mass Effect 2 had Fire walker, Kasumi, Overlord, Lair of the Shadow Broker and Arrival. Arrival could be considered to not be a Mass Effect 2 DLC since it acts more like a Prequel to ME3 then a extension of ME2.

It does seem a little early for there to be no more ME3 DLC since ME4 likely isn't 2-3 years away unless they really push it.
    Don't forget From the Ashes. I suspect the only reason it's early is that by now after this many years their pretty good at developing it in a decent time frame. Not to mention they have the resources of EA fully backing them now so to an extent that has to help in terms of time for these things and not to mention the pressure of getting it out asap.
    Last edited by Leonard McCoy; 2013-02-25 at 10:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Leonard McCoy View Post
    Actually no not really. In terms of actual story dlc it's tied.

From the Ashes
    Leviathan
    Omega
    Citadel

Zaeed
    Kasumi
    Lair
    Overlord
    I would count Arrival. I would think that counts as story DLC and it was a DLC for ME2 so just depends how technical you wanna get. :P I guess in the end, either way the counts are close or the same so it doesn't matter much whether you count it or not. lol
    Last edited by Oerba Yun Fang; 2013-02-25 at 10:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Moontalon View Post
    I would count Arrival. I would think that counts as story DLC and it was a DLC for ME2 so yeah. :P I guess in the end, either way the counts are close or the same so it doesn't matter much whether you count it or not. lol
    Well with EC and Arrival it still ends up being even steven. Christ even if the difference was like ONE it really wouldn't matter for his arguments sake. It's a dumb argument he;s making in some attempt to justify the position that IM LEAVING BIOWARE NO MORE MONEY FOR YOU TO BAD as if anyone gives a flying fuck.

All news outlets have been calling citadel ME3's final dlc.

On Bioware's home page link for Citadel, "Embark on one last adventure with your team in Mass Effect 3: Citadel. "

http://masseffect.bioware.com/downloads/citadel/

So ya, DLC for ME3 didn;t even get past a year. It probably means that the financials aren't good for more DLC.

I guess having hordes of ME 3 copies in the bargain bucket at local gamestops a week after release wasn't a good business plan.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    ITT people who didn't pay attention to the plot in ME1, calling Vigil a Deus Ex Machina...

Let me recap a few things about Vigil, I'm sorry upfront about the need to recite the WHOLE ME1 PLOT to do that:
    1. Vigil was a part of The Secret Prothean Research Facility on Ilos. He is not a standalone out of nowhere entity. His appearance was built up from the very first mission of ME1.
    2. Information about this research facility on planet Ilos was available since the very first mission on ME1 - it's in the warning message of THE BEACON. It just was encrypted. Cipher was needed. We saw the Ilos in those visions, we just didn't know it was Ilos. We needed Cipher and Liara to get it.
    3. Protheans built Mass Relay on Ilos that leads directly to Citadel. The Conduit. It was in the message also.
    4. We saw the Destination Relay on Citadel - first time we arrived at Citadel in ME1 - we thought it was a piece of Art. Silly we.
    5. Saren uses that information to get to the Citadel to manually call reapers, since Protheans fucked up Keepers (remember that part of a cut-scene where Saren shoots a keeper? U mad, Saren? How did you know?)
    6. All Shepard does thru ME1 is decrypting the message from THE BEACON he encountered in the first mission of ME1.
    7. Saren does the same thing but he's always a step ahead. Hence Shepard following in his tracks.
    8. When we arrived at Ilos - we immediately found ourselves in Prothean ruins. That made sense. Then we met broken VI consoles but couldn't get anything from it. Well Shepard could get a couple of words - I inferred it was the same message that beacons transmit on touch. When just before meeting Vigil we were in a tunnel with cryopods. Later Vigil explains what happened to those pods.
    9. Shepard didn't know what exactly Saren is about to do. Shepard thought that the Conduit is a WEAPON or a REAPER CALLING DEVICE. Vigil TOLD him the truth.
    10. So Vigil explained to Shepard what is about to happen. His role was to explain. Twas needed for the Revelation part - to piece the plot mosaic together - for slow pokes. Only then Vigil gave Shepard the means to fight it (not prevent, not win, no, no, to fight!). The rest was up to Shepard, who could fail even having the means to screw Saren's plan.
    11. Shepard didn't need to talk to Vigil to proceed to Citadel after Saren (Vigil forced himself upon Shepard). In fact he would've made it quicker and not in the nick of time. Perhaps he could've even stopped Saren on Citadel in time (as we all remember Shepard was late by mere seconds, right?).
    12. Uploading the virus didn't stop Sovereign. Only delayed. Had Sovereign defeated Shepard in that Boss fight - he would've successfully called the reapers in. THAT'S RIGHT, FOLKS! Sovereign made a mistake, he was desperate. He assumed direct control, lost a fight, got "stunned" and that allowed the joint fleet to destroy it. Had he won the fight with Shepard... well in that case ME would've NOT been a trilogy we all played.

So if Vigil IS a Deus Ex Machina then Starchild sucks his virtual balls nonstop. Maybe it's even the reason he malfunctioned.
    Last edited by Elim Garak; 2013-02-25 at 11:03 PM.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

All news outlets have been calling citadel ME3's final dlc.

On Bioware's home page link for Citadel, "Embark on one last adventure with your team in Mass Effect 3: Citadel. "

http://masseffect.bioware.com/downloads/citadel/

So ya, DLC for ME3 didn;t even get past a year. It probably means that the financials aren't good for more DLC.

I guess having hordes of ME 3 copies in the bargain bucket at local gamestops a week after release wasn't a good business plan.
    That's not what it "probably" means. You have no fucking clue what it means. All you can say is that in so far as mass effect 3 is concerned they are done telling story with it. Which makes sense considering it is the END of the trilogy. The amount of DLC is more or less the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ag666 View Post
    ITT people who didn't pay attention to the plot in ME1, calling Vigil a Deus Ex Machina...

Let me recap a few things about Vigil, I'm sorry upfront about the need to recite the WHOLE ME1 PLOT to do that:
    1. Vigil was a part of The Secret Prothean Research Facility on Ilos. He is not a standalone out of nowhere entity. His appearance was built up from the very first mission of ME1.
    2. Information about this research facility on planet Ilos was available since the very first mission on ME1 - it's in the warning message of THE BEACON. It just was encrypted. Cipher was needed. We saw the Ilos in those visions, we just didn't know it was Ilos. We needed Cipher and Liara to get it.
    3. Protheans built Mass Relay on Ilos that leads directly to Citadel. The Conduit. It was in the message also.
    4. We saw the Destination Relay on Citadel - first time we arrived at Citadel in ME1 - we thought it was a piece of Art. Silly we.
    5. Saren uses that information to get to the Citadel to manually call reapers, since Protheans fucked up Keepers (remember that part of a cut-scene where Saren shoots a keeper? U mad, Saren? How did you know?)
    6. All Shepard does thru ME1 is decrypting the message from THE BEACON he encountered in the first mission of ME1.
    7. Saren does the same thing but he's always a step ahead. Hence Shepard following in his tracks.
    8. When we arrived at Ilos - we immediately found ourselves in Prothean ruins. That made sense. Then we met broken VI consoles but couldn't get anything from it. Well Shepard could get a couple of words - I inferred it was the same message that beacons transmit on touch. When just before meeting Vigil we were in a tunnel with cryopods. Later Vigil explains what happened to those pods.
    9. Shepard didn't know what exactly Saren is about to do. Shepard thought that the Conduit is a WEAPON or a REAPER CALLING DEVICE. Vigil TOLD him the truth.
    10. So Vigil explained to Shepard what is about to happen. His role was to explain. Twas needed for the Revelation part - to piece the plot mosaic together - for slow pokes. Only then Vigil gave Shepard the means to fight it (not prevent, not win, no, no, to fight!). The rest was up to Shepard, who could fail even having the means to screw Saren's plan.
    11. Shepard didn't need to talk to Vigil to proceed to Citadel after Saren (Vigil forced himself upon Shepard). In fact he would've made it quicker and not in the nick of time. Perhaps he could've even stopped Saren on Citadel in time (as we all remember Shepard was late by mere seconds, right?).
    12. Uploading the virus didn't stop Sovereign. Only delayed. Had Sovereign defeated Shepard in that Boss fight - he would've successfully called the reapers in. THAT'S RIGHT, FOLKS! Sovereign made a mistake, he was desperate. He assumed direct control, lost a fight, got "stunned" and that allowed the joint fleet to destroy it. Had he won the fight with Shepard... well in that case ME would've NOT been a trilogy we all played.

So if Vigil IS a Deus Ex Machina then Starchild sucks his virtual balls nonstop. Maybe it's even the reason he malfunctioned.
    You're points aren't valid towards this discussion as none of them debunk the fact Vigil is DEM, and if they do, then they also debunk the fact the catalyst is a DEM, as most of your points apply directly to the catalyst.

15+ Year Old Account
    Mass effect 2 was released on January 26th 2010. The last ME2 dlc Arrival was released on March 29th 2011. Two months faster is hardly an indication of poor financials. It followed the same general development time of Mass Effect 2 but included twice the content since they also released Multiplayer DLC during that time period.

The DLC cycle doesn't indicate anything about how well the game sold. Unless you are claiming that Mass Effect 2 had equally poor reception and just as many copies in the bargain bin a week after release?

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CrossNgen View Post
    You're points aren't valid towards this discussion as none of them debunk the fact Vigil is DEM, and if they do, then they also debunk the fact the catalyst is a DEM, as most of your points apply directly to the catalyst.
    My point is Vigil is not DEM. Starchild IS. There's nothing about Starchild in the plot of all 3 games up until we meet him, in the end, he is the end. there's nothing after Starchild in ME3, but the end. Differently flavored ends. That's all we choose. A flavor.
    Thru ME3 we think that Catalyst is a missing part of Crucible. Before Starchild we think Citadel is this missing part (even Protheans didn't know about Starchild) - so we connect Crucible to it. Nothing happens and THEN... the end.
    Last edited by Elim Garak; 2013-02-25 at 11:13 PM.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

My point is Vigil is not DEM. Starchild IS. There's nothing about Starchild in the plot of all 3 games up until we meet him, in the end, he is the end. there's nothing after Starchild in ME3, but the end. Differently flavored ends. That's all we choose. A flavor.
    Thru ME3 we think that Catalyst is a missing part of Crucible. Before Starchild we think Citadel is this missing part - so we connect Crucible to it. Nothing happens and THEN... the end.
    Their is nothing about vigil at all up until we meet him. Vigil isn't the end and neither is the starchild though. You may not like the choices offered to you at the end but that doesn't mean the star child is in fact the end of the game. In fact to be honest what's left after vigil? YOu kill saren in a boss fight and then decide the fate of the council. Well the saren boss fight aside (which isn't much of a boss fight) your left with a single decision and one outcome or the other.

Mass effect 2 was released on January 26th 2010. The last ME2 dlc Arrival was released on March 29th 2011. Two months faster is hardly an indication of poor financials. It followed the same general development time of Mass Effect 2 but included twice the content since they also released Multiplayer DLC during that time period.

The DLC cycle doesn't indicate anything about how well the game sold. Unless you are claiming that Mass Effect 2 had equally poor reception and just as many copies in the bargain bin a week after release?
    Mass Effect 3 was supposed to be bigger than Mass Effect 2.

It couldn't even match Mass Effect 2.

Don't blame me for pointing out the simple facts.

DLC for Mass Effect 3 isn't profitable enough for them to continue it. It's probably because people just didn't care for the game after it was beaten. A month after release, EA was practically giving ME3 away on Origin if you bought another game.
    Last edited by leafs43; 2013-02-25 at 11:16 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Thru ME3 we thing that Catalyst is a missing part of Crucible. Before Starchild we think Citadel is this missing part - so we connect Crucible to it. Nothing happens and THEN...
    The man behind the curtain in Wizard of OZ isn't a DEM, but he isn't revealed until the final moments of Wizard of Oz. We know about the catalyst from the start. We know something controls the Reapers and several parts through out the series references a greater purpose then mindless culling. The final moments just reveal that the Catalyst aka Citadel is home to an AI and that AI has an avatar that talks to us.

The Avatar of the Catalyst doesn't do anything that we weren't already expecting the Catalyst and Crucible to offer us. A way to stop the Reapers. It just told us what that way was. It isn't the Avatar that enables the the three different choices. It is the Crucible and Catalyst that make those choices possible (as the Star Child even states).

Mass Effect 3 was supposed to be bigger than Mass Effect 2.

It couldn't even match Mass Effect 2.

Don't blame me for pointing out the simple facts.
    Wait what? What simple facts? It does match mass effect 2, in fact in terms of multiplayer dlc it's probably even more but putting that aside where did you read it was supposed to be bigger? Is this more "objective" criteria ahahahahaha omg lol "FACTS" ahahahahahahhahah