15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Illusive Man View Post
    Yeah it really sucks that you now have almost as many UR weapons than rare ones. I think BW added that many UR weapons the past year because this is what motivates most real money dudes to buy the packs with their cash.

The more UR´s the more money EA generates out of the ME3 MP mode. Also those UR´s keep some ppl playing because they want to max their weapons.

TBH I never gave a crap about my manifest or maxing it. I played 105 hours of MP so far and I know that maxing it takes at least 1000 hours with only farming Platinum. I do not play Platinum and with only gold it takes even more time and what do I gain from maxing that damn manifest? I can clap myself on the shoulder and say "Great work you spend over 1000 hours doing pointless platinum grinding for a few weapons".
    Because the weapons become better as you upgrade them. Larger clip size, more ammo, less weight. I'm not doing it to unlock them all or upgrade them all, I am doing it to become more effective in matches. Cerberus Harrier 1 is great, but the clip size is very small and the weight doesn't help either. Getting it leveled up will make it a more effective weapon on my Turian Ghost. I'll be able to fire longer and use my Tactical Cloak + Overloard combo more often, since the power cooldown isn't affected so much.
    Statix will suffice.

Deleted
    I don't really feel that moving the promotional weapons to UR is a sure sign that there won't be any more weekend challenges. Maybe Bioware will confirm it one way or the other, but for now I'll just wait and see.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Statix View Post
    Because the weapons become better as you upgrade them. Larger clip size, more ammo, less weight. I'm not doing it to unlock them all or upgrade them all, I am doing it to become more effective in matches. Cerberus Harrier 1 is great, but the clip size is very small and the weight doesn't help either. Getting it leveled up will make it a more effective weapon on my Turian Ghost. I'll be able to fire longer and use my Tactical Cloak + Overloard combo more often, since the power cooldown isn't affected so much.
    As I said I don´t play MP a lot and I can have a Harrier X or Lancer X in SP so for me grinding Platinum to get that weapon in MP is pointless. If you have fun doing it then there is nothing wrong about it.

The same about some that want to call themselves "Best of the Best" (which is a mega arrogant Banner title) and farm challenges all day long. As long as they have fun it is cool but I don´t give a crap about it.

Don´t get me wrong I liked MP but I never played it a lot and after that last weekend challenge (prolly the last ever) I stopped doing it altogether (there are better games that are new and more fun than mindless horde-mode grinding).
    Last edited by mmocac05adb153; 2013-03-14 at 10:52 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Don´t get me wrong I liked MP but I never played it a lot and after that last weekend challenge (prolly the last ever) I stopped doing it altogether (there are better games that are new and more fun than mindless horde-mode grinding).
    I think they would have said something if that was the last challenge ever.
    Putin khuliyo

Deleted
    Some people are just too fancy to enjoy a good mindless slaughter...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    I think they would have said something if that was the last challenge ever.
    They are neither denying it nor stating that it is indeed the last. I an pretty sure that we will know tomorrow.

Why would they add the weapons to the UR pool if they were still to be earned in the comm packs? That makes no sense at all.

Deleted
    They are neither denying it nor stating that it is indeed the last. I an pretty sure that we will know tomorrow.

Why would they add the weapons to the UR pool if they were still to be earned in the comm packs? That makes no sense at all.
    I wish they would reopen old challenges so i wont have those annoying gray spots peaking out between my gold stars.

Hey,

I've been playing ME3 multiplayer for a bit in the last two weeks, gotten quite a few weapons and characters, but still haven't gotten the only class I want: Asari Adept. Which packs should I be buying to get this as quickly as possible? Reserves right?
    Been googling it a bit but only found 1-year old threads telling me I should get spectre or premium spectre packs, but that doesn't make sense if I read the descriptions of the packs...

Any help would be appreciated.

Deleted
    I think Reserve packs weren't available a year ago, but yeah, they would probably be your best bet right now.

As for challenges.. placing the promotional weapons into the UR pool is an argument for the removal weekend challenges, but removing them would eliminate much of the long-term appeal for casual players and completionists both. The change feels more like a quality of life change for those who have completed most and just want to finish out their profile now that the final ME3 DLC has been released, and offering more incentive for everyone else to keep playing and buying packs at the same time. But yeah.. I guess we will figure it out soon enough.

Deleted
    So now that ME3 have officially ended for good, who remember watching the trailer and getting pumped up like a motherfucker?

Not ingame cutscenes, cinematics or gameplay, but a movie that acts as a "shit went down, get in gear!" trailer for the onslaught about to begin.
    For shame they wont make a mass effect movie (the animated one doesnt count).
    I know the concept is actually wrong as a trailer should showcase how the game itself look but fuck it, Mass Effect is about the story and the cinematic trailers for Mass Effect 2/3 are just the right amount of awesome without overdoing it with EXPLOSIONS and little else (looking at you Michael Bay)

Quote Originally Posted by Gravath View Post
    So now that ME3 have officially ended for good, who remember watching the trailer and getting pumped up like a motherfucker?

Not ingame cutscenes, cinematics or gameplay, but a movie that acts as a "shit went down, get in gear!" trailer for the onslaught about to begin.
    I know the concept is actually wrong as a trailer should showcase how the game itself look but fuck it, Mass Effect is about the story and the cinematic trailers for Mass Effect 2/3 are just the right amount of awesome without overdoing it with EXPLOSIONS and little else (looking at you Michael Bay)
    What I saw was immense.

What I ended up getting :*( I really was hoping that when we land on earth it was to really kick them off earth. I was MEGA pumped up for this game The entire game was a roller coaster. Mass effect 1 started off with some oooooooooohs, then some relevations and then a quick race against time to stop the bad guy. ME2 was a gasp as I saw shep die, then hes brought back 6 million dollar man style. It then went through some quick nostalgia trips with meeting old shipmates and then collecting your crew ready for the final missions. It ramped up but you never felt like it was impossible.

ME3 was a roller coaster. You had massive highs then the lowest of lows. 90% of that game was magic in my eyes. the final 10mins make me wish I had mind bleach.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skiritai View Post
    Hey,

I've been playing ME3 multiplayer for a bit in the last two weeks, gotten quite a few weapons and characters, but still haven't gotten the only class I want: Asari Adept. Which packs should I be buying to get this as quickly as possible? Reserves right?
    Been googling it a bit but only found 1-year old threads telling me I should get spectre or premium spectre packs, but that doesn't make sense if I read the descriptions of the packs...

Any help would be appreciated.
    Reserves Packs are defintely the way to go. I advise gathering about 1 million credits and then buy 10 packs, instead of going to 100k credits and then buying one. Unlocking 10 packs in a row gives you a better feeling, as there's always something you unlock. Also, this plays well with leveling your characters fast. If you level all classes to 20 while gathering those 1 million credits and then promote them just before you buy all those packs, you'll level most classes to 12-18 again. As unlocking the same kit again gives you 12.5k to 250k experience, you can level them really fast again and in the process, increase your N7 level.

Anyway. Reserves Packs is your answer. Patience is required.
    Statix will suffice.

10+ Year Old Account

I really wish I could find the music to this.
    Putin khuliyo

Deleted
    I really wish I could find the music to this.
    Two Steps from Hell - After the Fall

Two Steps from Hell - Black Blade

I am a magical wishgranter.

10+ Year Old Account
    Two Steps from Hell - After the Fall

Two Steps from Hell - Black Blade

I am a magical wishgranter.
    That means I get one more right?

Can I have a pony?
    Putin khuliyo

Thanks for the advise guys, guess I'm getting reserve packs for a while.

For shame they wont make a mass effect movie
    I thought a movie was announced a while ago? Last news about it was in October 2012 I think, new writer who apparantly also is a fan of ME.
    But I guess you mean that it's probably going to get canceled, which is indeed a shame.

Deleted
    That means I get one more right?

Can I have a pony?
    Sure, have this hamburger.
    Quote Originally Posted by Skiritai View Post
    I thought a movie was announced a while ago? Last news about it was in October 2012 I think, new writer who apparantly also is a fan of ME.
    But I guess you mean that it's probably going to get canceled, which is indeed a shame.
    They made an anime movie called Paragon Lost, it doesnt count.

10+ Year Old Account
    Didn't Mark Meer star in an independant short film called Red Sand?

He did indeed.