10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gravath View Post
    I could buy BioWare saying those things, but not the voiceactors.
    Nope.

Is that... ME4 hes playing?
    They have an alpha and havent spent the last year hyping it to the next galaxy?
    Im pretty sure they have a NDA running on it, them having an alpha is hardly a surprise, not much they can do unless EA allows it.

It's Blizzards next expansion blurry picture leak all over again.

Deleted
    Is it just me, or is there no actual chest reward this N7 day if you did it last year?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    I love it. Those bastards like to tease. I can't wait.

i'd love to see the chat in that place. "dude where are you? youre late!" "i'll be in there in a minute, i just went inside tali' zhorah"
    someone else might have gotten it wrong.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mordin Solus View Post
    i'd love to see the chat in that place. "dude where are you? youre late!" "i'll be in there in a minute, i just went inside Grunt"
    Fixed that for you.

Also, "...new enemies to encounter… ", after the reapers who used the universe as their potatofarm, where do you go from there?
    Last edited by mmoce8c391acaa; 2013-11-08 at 10:52 AM.

Please let it not be a prequel. /crossfingers
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gravath View Post
    Also, "...new enemies to encounter… ", after the reapers who used the universe as their potatofarm, where do you go from there?
    That's easy. It will turn out that reapers were trying to protect the life in the universe from other kind of Reapers who are attracted to galaxies by special "life-waves" and when they reach a galaxy they eat it whole. So that's why reapers were sleeping in the dark void, that's why they turned themselves into machines (with no "life-waves" source), that's why they turn everyone into themselves. Thank you Reapers!

P.S. I just adapted the Star Control 3 story line.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

Deleted
    I can see BioWare going with that.

Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    That's easy. It will turn out that reapers were trying to protect the life in the universe from other kind of Reapers who are attracted to galaxies by special "life-waves" and when they reach a galaxy they eat it whole. So that's why reapers were sleeping in the dark void, that's why they turned themselves into machines (with no "life-waves" source), that's why they turn everyone into themselves. Thank you Reapers!

I would actually like that storyline, it would make the ME3 ending much more bearable.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post

Just the type of shit Shepard tends to get his nosy head into
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...rning/advanced
    i5-3570k @ 4.4ghz - R9-280X @ 1150Mhz on stock voltage - 8GB of DDR3 Ram @ 1866Mhz

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, if that picture really was ME 4 I just have to say that it better not be a prequel because I'm so sick of developers doing that. They make a good trilogy and then a prequel which ends up sucking. I hope this just further expands the Mass Effect universe by going forward with the game instead of going back. There was already plenty of lore items and dialogue and even books that told us about the past so we don't need a prequel. And please for the love of god don't fuck up the ending!!
    - "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black" - Jo Bodin, BLM supporter
    - "I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun. The kids used to come up and reach in the pool & rub my leg down so it was straight & watch the hair come back up again. So I learned about roaches, I learned about kids jumping on my lap, and I love kids jumping on my lap...” - Pedo Joe

I don't really care how; go hundreds, hell thousands of years into the future. As long as it's not a prequel.

10+ Year Old Account
    Generally, prequels suck. But I'd rather see a high-quality prequel than generic crap like this, "Reapers were defeated, and Galaxy seemed to finally be at peace... But peace didn't last long. A new force from the faraway quasar arrived, much more dangerous. Seeking a way to stop this threat, Council hires the best scientists led by the legendary Liara T'Soni (also known as Shadow Broker) to resurrect commander Shepard. But during the operation something goes wrong: all stuff is killed by an unknown insectoid race. Discover the fate of the Galaxy helping Liara reveal the horrible truth about the Universe!".
    Actually, I think, the above is not even as generic as it will probably get...

There is, of course, even worse scenario possible: Mass Effect Online. If this happens... Nothing will save them from my fury!

I wouldn't mind a prequel in this case actually.

I mean what would they do post Shepard anyway, the universe has been saved already. Unless there comes a new threat....ugh

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The only kind of prequels I can accept - is a 10 years later IP restart kind of prequels, like Deus Ex: HR - as a perfect example.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

Prequels that could be interesting,

- Discovery of the Prothean Device on Mars
    - The birth of the first Reaper

But still, with the way ME3 ended and knowing how it will end kind of ruins a prequel in this case, in such a universe with it's rich lore.

No.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dezerte View Post
    But still, with the way ME3 ended and knowing how it will end kind of ruins a prequel in this case, in such a universe with it's rich lore.
    I just don't get that. Because either way you will have the same pitfalls of a typical prequel as you do with a sequel. Why didn't the Reapers really deal with the big bad threat of the sequel? And what can really be a threat if X ending was picked?

The ME lore is perfectly set up for a prequel because we have the Cycles. Each cycle would share similar technology since the Reapers shaped the course of development with the Mass Relays and Citadel. So it would be a familiar place but still different which would set it up for a perfect way to separate the new games from the Shepard games.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    I just don't get that. Because either way you will have the same pitfalls of a typical prequel as you do with a sequel. Why didn't the Reapers really deal with the big bad threat of the sequel? And what can really be a threat if X ending was picked?

The ME lore is perfectly set up for a prequel because we have the Cycles. Each cycle would share similar technology since the Reapers shaped the course of development with the Mass Relays and Citadel. So it would be a familiar place but still different which would set it up for a perfect way to separate the new games from the Shepard games.
    And I don't get that.

The game could be set in a distant future, where the galaxy has just about (or still is) recovering, thus keeping the tech. familiar and it provides an interesting period of time (the rebuilding of civilization).
    The ending itself can be made 'fuzzy', i.e. not really mentioned other than something like "The Reapers disappeared" or they could do a canon ending, I wouldn't really mind.