Quote Originally Posted by Dezerte View Post
    And I don't get that.

The game could be set in a distant future, where the galaxy has just about (or still is) recovering, thus keeping the tech. familiar and it provides an interesting period of time (the rebuilding of civilization).
    The ending itself can be made 'fuzzy', i.e. not really mentioned other than something like "The Reapers disappeared" or they could do a canon ending, I wouldn't really mind.
    As long as the canon ending mirrored all my decisions - most notably the states of the Krogan, Geth and Quarians - it would be okay; although having the Reapers "just disappear" probably wouldn't work for Synthesis or a Control Shep who would take a hands-on approach. To avoid disappointment they'd have to put in an awful lot of work creating multiple starting states or set it so far in the future the galaxy would be unrecognisable.

Personally I would prefer a prequel, the Mass Effect universe is an interesting mish-mash of some of my favourite sci-fi and space operas held together with a liberal sprinkling of space-magic and I'd like to explore it some more.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    I wouldn't mind a prequel in this case actually.

I mean what would they do post Shepard anyway, the universe has been saved already. Unless there comes a new threat....ugh
    They ressurect the dark matter storyline with the universe returning to chaos because in the end, fuck everyone?

Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    The only kind of prequels I can accept - is a 10 years later IP restart kind of prequels, like Deus Ex: HR - as a perfect example.
    DE:HR is a special case because it took the original concept and expanded upon it and they took what, 8 years to make sure it was good.

There are two kinds of games - those that are made because they would be a good addition, and those that are made because they want money
    DE:HR is the former. Arkham origins is the second.

Most sequels just springboard of the previous game with little to no creativity.
    And then we have CoD which are identical games but with a different number, and gears of war clones...
    The gaming industry have taken the saying "if its not broken, dont fix it" WAAAY too close to heart.
    Last edited by mmoce8c391acaa; 2013-11-09 at 12:50 AM.

I know I'm a bit late to the party but I have all 3 Mass Effect and just have a few questions.

First I plan on playing an Adept and carrying the character over, any advice builds, and maybe a priority of where to put my skill points first?

Second, should I skip the side quests in ME1 if my purpose is to get to ME3 ASAP? Are there things I should be doing that will influence carrying my character over to 2 and 3?

Third, why the hell has it taken this long for me to actually start playing?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Schmittay View Post
    First I plan on playing an Adept and carrying the character over, any advice builds, and maybe a priority of where to put my skill points first?
    Renegade (asshole)/Paragon (doormat) for extra choices that will have different effects in conversations such as receiving new weapons or unlock crucial decisions thats changes plot.
    You will need it on Virmire, unless you want to kill the big angry space vikinglizard that shoves a shotgun in your face.
    Then just get a bunch of biotic powers, dont bother with passives until later, since the powers dont share cd and go through shields.
    Singularity is badass, always use it.

Second, should I skip the side quests in ME1 if my purpose is to get to ME3 ASAP? Are there things I should be doing that will influence carrying my character over to 2 and 3?
    Depends on whether or not you are interested in RP, alot of sidequests change plot and determines some characters fate.
    You are shaping the world, to some degree.
    Very important to do it all.
    You can ignore the sidequests to collect random stuff from planetary exploration, it takes way too much time and doesnt alter anything but a scene in ME3 which doesnt change anything.

Third, why the hell has it taken this long for me to actually start playing?
    A better question is why havent you played Jade Empire yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Achren View Post
    Throwing an entire trilogys worth of spoilers at him.
    +5 renegade.

Thanks so far, another question is how much will I need to micro manage my team mates? Or is it more an optional thing? And for team mates what is ideal for me playing Adept?

15+ Year Old Account
    Thanks so far, another question is how much will I need to micro manage my team mates? Or is it more an optional thing? And for team mates what is ideal for me playing Adept?
    You really shouldn't have to do it all. On higher difficulties you can do it a little but mostly they are meat shields and you can do just fine using them as such
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DesoPL View Post
    N7 Day is coming! Features for second celebration.

Bioware make a giveaway codes for Minecraft Xbox360, where is Mass Effect kit. (I got one code if someone want, PM me)

Bioware team are come back, to play with players some games in ME3 MP.

Again will be Art Contest.

Mass Effect: Risk will be revealed.

Mass Effect Marathon with charity action will be also. We can help kids with sickness, fight against Reapers!
    rather they did a me1 free for all type thing rather than the shitty 360 version of minecraft or playing against some devs :/

10+ Year Old Account
    In ME1, whatever else you choose, upgrade Pistols to the maximum. Biotic powers are good for crowd control in that game but deal little damage, especially on Insanity, so you will have to use brute force. Throw, Lift and Barrier are also a must.
    In ME2 and ME3, the most important ability seems to be Warp as it lets you kill a lot of enemies without using a single ammo. Also Singularity can stop a lot of enemies closing your position. Other abilities are really optional.

Be ready to hell at the start of ME1 as Adept is very weak at the beginning. If you have never played ME before, you will have a lot of trouble at starting missions and at planet sidequests initially. As you gain levels, however, your Shepard will become stronger and stronger, and soon you will have a monster: well leveled Adept with good control is nearly unkillable.

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    You really shouldn't have to do it all. On higher difficulties you can do it a little but mostly they are meat shields and you can do just fine using them as such
    As an Adept on Insanity, I found myself micromanaging my teammates a lot. Starting with ME2, Adept is very fragile (no more "cheating" Barrier from ME1!) and, if a enemy not stripped off shields, barriers or armor gets close, you are dead. If you let your teammates decide what to do themselves, then they will probably focus some other enemies, leaving you unprotected.
    In ME1, however, Adept is a one man army. You can use Barrier, go right in the middle of the battlefield and start throwing enemies around and finishing them with a pistol. If you take Liara and Wrex with you, meaning three strong biotics, then you can actually keep even multiple enemies permanently disabled. Of course, that is after you get a few levels and good gear. Before that, Adept may be a pain.

10+ Year Old Account
    In ME1, on higher difficulties its probably good but nothing crucial. In ME2 and ME3 you are gimping yourself if not doing squad micro managing at insanity difficulty, below that it should be doable without. For ME1 i do not know the optimal squad, however for ME2, go with Miranda and someone that can pack a proper punch with weapons, i.e Zaeed, Garrus or Grunt. In ME3 i would go with Liara and either Javik/Garrus/James

10+ Year Old Account
    I played an adept on hardcore through all 3 games a while ago and I usually ran with Garrus and Tali. But mainly because I just like them the most.
    However I changed my team for a lot of missions because I knew which abilities would be most useful having played all games multiple times already.
    In ME2 do all loyalty missions, I recommend waiting with the mission for the "Reaper IFF" until you have done all other missions you want to do(wont tell why to avoid spoilers).
    Also in ME2 any difficulty above normal adds another layer of defense to a lot of mobs making them have a defence against physics based attacks until the extra layer is destroyed(damn husks).
    Youtube Channel
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Minecraft Map: Valley of Ages(map is out of date)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drakiru View Post
    In ME2 do all loyalty missions, I recommend waiting with the mission for the "Reaper IFF" until you have done all other missions you want to do(wont tell why to avoid spoilers).
    Yeah, I treat the Reaper IFF mission as the unofficial start of the Suicide Mission and do everything else in the game first except Arrival, which I save for after the mission as I feel it's an epilogue.

There's good reason for this, which I learned the hard way.
    Putin khuliyo

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Yeah, I treat the Reaper IFF mission as the unofficial start of the Suicide Mission and do everything else in the game first except Arrival, which I save for after the mission as I feel it's an epilogue.

Same here, I did a playthrough once, where did all the main missions and then took my time before starting the suicide mission. I felt bad when I reached the Doc.
    Also the suicide mission music is epic: here's a mix between the original and the London Philharmonic Orchestra one: youtube link(Video has trailer footage, that might contain some spoilers)
    Youtube Channel
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Deleted
    Adept is a walking nuke in ME3 insanity.
    Biotic explosions going off everywhere like you are the goddamn US army, reducing everything to ash.

Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    In ME1, whatever else you choose, upgrade Pistols to the maximum. Biotic powers are good for crowd control in that game but deal little damage, especially on Insanity, so you will have to use brute force. Throw, Lift and Barrier are also a must.
    Wat.
    Singularity, throw and lift spam would wreck everything. Biotics even goes through shields and barriers. Better enjoy it while it lasts.
    Alot more reliable than pistols as well.

It becomes a habit to ignore IFF until its the last thing on the log.
    Last edited by mmoce8c391acaa; 2013-11-09 at 03:09 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gravath View Post
    Wat.
    Singularity, throw and lift spam would wreck everything. Biotics even goes through shields and barriers. Better enjoy it while it lasts.
    Alot more reliable than pistols as well.
    Against fragile enemies, sure. But try to kill a Krogan, or Geth Juggernaut, or even the two Turian assassins you encounter while walking towards Chora's Den near the beginning of the game, using biotics only. Quite a painful experience...

But pistol in conjunction with biotics is devastating. Fully upgraded and with Marksman ability it shoots nearly as fast as an assault rifle, with incredible precision and with no recharge and recoil. Pull an enemy so he's almost not moving and shoot him with pistol - he will die really fast.

I actually always thought Adept to be the strongest class in all three ME games. That is, until I recently replayed all three games as an Infiltrator. I don't think there is any class nearly as devastating as that one. He is not that strong in ME1 since sniper rifles are a bit underpowered there. But in ME2 Widow M98 (if I remember correct) with maximized abilities for it almost kills a possessed Collector without barrier with one shot. In ME3 it is even more dramatic: Brute dies with 3 headshots, Banshee with 5 or so (including barrier!), and most common enemies die with 1 headshot. And, since slowdown is very big, it is almost impossible to miss. Actually, by the end of ME3 Shepard didn't do anything except for shooting with sniper rifle.

I'm talking exclusively about Insanity, of course. The game is generally too easy to play it on anything lower, and even Insanity is quite easy, except for Mass Effect 1 with level below 15 or so.

Deleted
    Against fragile enemies, sure. But try to kill a Krogan, or Geth Juggernaut
    I watched a juggernaut floating away into space on eden prime after using only a single lift.
    It was almost a moment of serenity as it peaceful returned to its people.

Anything will be rendered harmless.
    Geths, those insects on noveria, krogans, choras den assassins...
    The only things i cant curbstomp instantly are those gigantic quadropod geths.

For everything else, there is lift.
    Last edited by mmoce8c391acaa; 2013-11-09 at 08:30 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I watched a juggernaut floating away into space on eden prime after using only a single lift.

I agree with you. Eventually you become a Biotic God.
    Youtube Channel

10+ Year Old Account

LOL I love lift, especially on that last mission right before Saren on the Citadel, where you're climbing across the Presidium tower. God I love making the geth fly in that mission.
    Putin khuliyo

Deleted
    LOL I love lift, especially on that last mission right before Saren on the Citadel, where you're climbing across the Presidium tower. God I love making the geth fly in that mission.
    If you do it right, you can actually "throw" geth at Sovereign.

It doesnt do jack shit, but its amusing.

10+ Year Old Account

It is possible only in the open space and won't work with all enemies. It will certainly won't work with Krogans, and I don't remember managing to throw off the screen Geth Juggernaut: they fly high and then fall with surprisingly no sound.
    Those Turian assassins are especially pain... God, as a fresh Adept, I restarted that fight 10 times or so. I lift one of them, shoot 'im right in the head, then throw him, shoot him again, then he uses Immunity and slowly regenerates to maximum.

Ah, and that bastard Turian which keeps stolen Wrex's family armor. I remember lifting him to the cell where he got stuck for some reason (probably was hanged on a peg or something), after which I still couldn't kill him due to insane life regeneration. That is, until I decided to leave the bunker and come there again. When I came in, he was dead on the floor...

Deleted
    It is possible only in the open space and won't work with all enemies. It will certainly won't work with Krogans, and I don't remember managing to throw off the screen Geth Juggernaut: they fly high and then fall with surprisingly no sound.
    Mostly, but i know i did it.
    Its forever burned into my memory and i'll be damned if you try to convince me otherwise.
    Probably a bug, but it was an awesome start to a brand new career.
    Lift + throw also yields some hilarious results, fucking pingpongs.

Also, those turians, hard?
    I never had any problem with them.
    Last edited by mmoce8c391acaa; 2013-11-10 at 08:16 AM.