10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zealo View Post
    It is also stated by vigil in ME1 that all records of the existence of the Ilos facility was destroyed in the initial assualt on the citadel, that Ilos was spared when the Prothean empire came crashing down. It took centuries for them to defeat the Protheans, could be that it became a myth later on. Seems a bit strange though since there's a mass relay in the same system but i guess that's just a plot hole.
    It could be that the reapers track recent mass relay activations. To keep an idea of where everyone is. It could be they stopped using the relay. In the sense, had the Turians never found the humans. The humans could have never encountered the council races.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nazrark View Post
    This statement makes me curious. Would the Reapers leave alone a species that is technologically advanced. But chooses not to leave their home world. For example, if the Krogans stayed on Tuchanka but did not have any space flight capable vessels during the time of the reaping. I mean it would take centuries to completely eradicate the Council races. But the Krogan could live to see the beginning and end of the reaping.

On the same note, could the council races survive if they had gone to an uncharted system with a massive population and never came back. Avoided using mass relays and the such. If Ilos is any indication, you can trick the Reapers. Just cover your tracks extremely well.
    I think if the Reapers are aware of your civilization, they'll destroy you if you're aware of them. The Reapers would cover their tracks. But if they had no reason to believe that you knew of them and that your civilization wasn't advanced enough (example, the Yahg, Admiral Hackett talks about this in ME3) they'll leave you alone.

So yes, if you fooled them by destroying any space-flight technology before they found you, then maybe they'll leave you alone.

However, for the contemporary races in ME3, it was too late, even after a mere 30+ years, humanity was wide spread across the galaxy and mass effect technology was firmly entrenched in our civilization, as it was for the Asari, Turians, Krogan, etc, to the point where destroying it and hiding our tracks from the Reapers would have been impossible, as well as catastrophic (though not as catastrophic as complete annihilation.)

Remember that the Reapers do not destroy all life in the galaxy, only those who have advanced, galactic, civilizations.

The pattern has repeated itself more times than you can fathom. Organic civilizations rise, evolve, advance, then at the apex of their glory, they are extinguished.
    - Sovereign

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nazrark View Post
    It could be that the reapers track recent mass relay activations. To keep an idea of where everyone is. It could be they stopped using the relay. In the sense, had the Turians never found the humans. The humans could have never encountered the council races.
    If we never activated our mass relay, if we had kept it encased in ice, the Reapers would have perhaps ignored us.
    Putin khuliyo

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    If we never activated our mass relay, if we had kept it encased in ice, the Reapers would have perhaps ignored us.
    I really doubt that. If it were so, then the cycles would have ended long time ago. Reapers would ignore/miss countless developed civilizations that just hadn't activated their relays yet, and eventually someone would get, what, 50,000 years to prepare for their return? The cycles would be very fragile, and such advanced and intelligent species as Reapers wouldn't risk it.
    It took Reapers as short as several years to reach the relays from the dark space. You can imagine their capabilities. It would take less than hundred years for them to take a look at every planet capable of containing intelligent life and analyze all the threats, even in systems without relays.

Besides, specifically for humans, Javik mentions that they fooled the Reapers by falsifying reports about humans trying to show them as less developed than they actually were (another plot hole: if even Javik knew about that, no way Reapers wouldn't). So Reapers already knew about humans and would certainly check them. Seeing our colonies on Moon and Mars, it wouldn't take long for them to decide that we are to be eradicated...

Deleted
    The reapers sut down the mass relays when they took over the Citadel, so the one near Ilos doesnt matter, they didnt get there by using it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gravath View Post
    The reapers sut down the mass relays when they took over the Citadel, so the one near Ilos doesnt matter, they didnt get there by using it.
    I assumed they had the ability to temporarily turn on a relay when they wished to go somewhere to get there faster but maybe i was wrong in that. After all it took them six months after the alpha relay incident to begin their assualt on earth as they had to keep travelling until they reached another relay.

10+ Year Old Account
    Did they? I always thought they just positioned a few capital ships near every relay so that no one could travel through it...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    Did they? I always thought they just positioned a few capital ships near every relay so that no one could travel through it...
    Nah, the way I understood it was they could turn them on and off via the Citadel.
    Putin khuliyo

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Nah, the way I understood it was they could turn them on and off via the Citadel.
    I think they just make them all work like the omega one, so nobody without a reaper IFF can use the relays.
    But no matter what they do to the relays, they have to activate it from the citadel.
    Youtube Channel
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Minecraft Map: Valley of Ages(map is out of date)

Deleted
    I think some people need to replay Mass Effect.

I am also interested in replaying it, but its refusing to work so meh.

10+ Year Old Account

I've played ME3 through 3 times, ME2 4 times, ME1 10+ times and every time - with all DLCs, all quests, all conversations (replayed some a few times to try different options)... I think it's safe to say that I've spent over 1000 hours in ME. So, I really don't feel like replaying it again in the nearest 3 years...

Deleted
    You WILL replay Mass Effect... and you will do it naked.

Wearing an apron.

10+ Year Old Account
    You WILL replay Mass Effect... and you will do it naked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    Wearing an apron.
    Now I may have to change my mind...

10+ Year Old Account

I would if i had the time but starting a ME1 game will lead to a ME2/ME3 playthrough as well which takes at least 100 hours with my completionist playstyle.

Deleted
    I dont see the problem.

10+ Year Old Account
    I dont see the problem.
    When one have 16 games in the steam backlog from various bundles / daily deals and steam sales that have not been touched even once yet with x:rebirth coming out tommorow being preloaded, yes there is a problem with time and replaying mass effect while balancing it with RL

Deleted
    Excuses are for women.

10+ Year Old Account
    Excuses are for women.
    How about gender equality?

10+ Year Old Account
    Hmm, I have not yet played it naked, guess I'll have to try that.
    Putin khuliyo

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    How about gender equality?
    Gender equality is in truth the old systems that were deemed sexist for arranging labours/work in the most efficient system for contribution.