15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Statix View Post
    Is this something significant?
    To Mass Effect? No. It is an image from the Anime/Manga http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fist_of_the_North_Star. It particular it is referencing the star of death (the blue dot next to the constellation)
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Deleted
    Only EA can ruin a series like Mass effect with day one dlc and endings that make children cry

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Haajib View Post
    Only EA can ruin a series like Mass effect with day one dlc and endings that make children cry
    Bioware was bought by EA the same year they released Mass Effect. EA also had nothing to do with any real or perceived ruination of Mass Effect. At least be adult enough to put the blame were it belongs. With Bioware.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Deleted
    Looking at the teamchange, i would say that EA have in some way affected it.

Quote Originally Posted by Gravath View Post
    Looking at the teamchange, i would say that EA have in some way affected it.
    Rushing the development certainly effected the game. Bioware were a year behind, and were only given a 6 month extention.

I'd have prefered they didn't go the Trilogy route and just did 4 parts.

Quote Originally Posted by Durandro View Post
    Rushing the development certainly effected the game. Bioware were a year behind, and were only given a 6 month extention.

I'd have prefered they didn't go the Trilogy route and just did 4 parts.
    Rushing it out would have been BioWare on target and EA demanding they release it 6 months early. Giving them an additional 6 months of time and resources is the opposite of rushing it and, without EA to cushion the effect of the delay, the alternative could have been BioWare going bust and never releasing the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    Rushing it out would have been BioWare on target and EA demanding they release it 6 months early. Giving them an additional 6 months of time and resources is the opposite of rushing it and, without EA to cushion the effect of the delay, the alternative could have been BioWare going bust and never releasing the game.
    Whichever way you butter the bread, EA pushed the game out before it was ready. If Bioware didn't hit the target, so what? A quality product takes time.

At least they are taking their time with Dragon Age: Inquisition, with gives me some hope that it might be good. Waiting on the reaction to it first, though.

Deleted
    Lets hope ME4 wont be rushed.

Im looking forwards to facing my ascended self who now rules the entire universe.

And crushing him and reclaiming my own power.

I will be Gravath, the Holy Emperor!

It would be interesting if Vanguards got a more brawler-kind of combat system, akin to Arkham series, where your fists could be "augmented" with bionic power.

Just think of all the fun you could have!

Punching a batarian in the face and creating a small singularity inside his skull.
    Last edited by mmoce8c391acaa; 2014-01-21 at 05:21 PM.

Means nothing until I can see for myself how big Inquisition is.

They said all kinds of things about DA2 which turned out to be a steaming pile of shit (in my opinion).

It should be larger than DA2 at least.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

Considering that just one of the areas, can't remember which one, is supposedly bigger than all the areas in DA2 combined, it sounds like it'll be a lot bigger.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    Considering that just one of the areas, can't remember which one, is supposedly bigger than all the areas in DA2 combined, it sounds like it'll be a lot bigger.
    Well they said that the entire map of DA:O was only one of.. 5? 6? areas in the game, all of whom are about the same size. And you get to fully explore them instead of just having hubs spread out.

So it looks like space exploration is on the menu boys!

4 years since ME2 launched. Time flies. O.o

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I just finished another ME1 playthru. ME2 here I come.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

I still have another full trilogy run to do, but the time's gotta be right.

Deleted
    Good to see you guys finally got over the ending.

I myself will wait until i know if ME4 is a sequel, prequel, alternative or whatever the fuck.
    I need to build the proper world.

Also, something caught my eye.
    Now, the ME trilogy have approximately 100 hours across a full gameplay right?
    Thats what Witcher 3 will have in a single playthrough with "more than 36 different endings".

So when are we getting that witcher megathread?
    Last edited by mmoce8c391acaa; 2014-01-26 at 05:38 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gravath View Post
    So when are we getting that witcher megathread?
    When are we getting that discussion about why ME3 didn't get 36 different endings?
    Statix will suffice.

Deleted
    When are we getting that discussion about why ME3 didn't get 36 different endings?
    Because we already have covered that 36 times.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    because 15 is more than enough
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side