Quote Originally Posted by Toccs View Post
    Throughout ME1 and a bit in ME2 I saw Kaiden as a best friend, then right at the end of ME3 I get a mail from him asking me to dinner, I thought what the hell friends can have a meal together, I meet up with him and he basically comes out and tells me he’s gay. I'm not homophobic but that moment actually caused me to like him less and be a bit wary. Either way it made for some good drama, it was a shock to me and i didnt flirt with him once.
    Honestly, from the start, Kaidan has always had a crush on Shepard. Atleast, that's how it felt to me. I mean, he's in the same boat as Liara and Tali. They're young, and impressionable. Shepard becomes this larger than life sort of person, not surprising that S/he would pick up a few fans along the way, and they just happen to be along for the crazy missions.

Quote Originally Posted by Scorage View Post
    James is a good written character if you ask me. He clearly has issues with his past, and if you keep talking to him his attitude towards you shifts quite a lot. He's a grunt, just alliance model instead of Krogan this time.

I was surprised how much I liked james. He really does look like ronnie from the jersey shore and I coulda swore they wrote him in the game to be something like that. His character is actually really cool. I enjoyed the conversations with him.

Throughout ME1 and a bit in ME2 I saw Kaiden as a best friend, then right at the end of ME3 I get a mail from him asking me to dinner, I thought what the hell friends can have a meal together, I meet up with him and he basically comes out and tells me he’s gay. I'm not homophobic but that moment actually caused me to like him less and be a bit wary. Either way it made for some good drama, it was a shock to me and i didnt flirt with him once.
    I dunno, the friendly options up to that point seemed borderline flirtatious to me. Also, he's clearly not gay; his last relationship was with a woman, and femshep can romance him in both ME1 and 3. So...he's bi I guess. The only full on gay character is Cortez. As in, if you're femshep he's not interested in you in the least. Oh, apparently you can also flirt with James as either femshep or mshep.

Quote Originally Posted by TonyIommi View Post
    It's a shame because it's actually a rather memorable game in many regards. So many scenes will stick with you and youll be moved. People are upset at the developer for whatever perceived grievances and they are letting that cloud their judgement of the game.
    Ever heard that a dessert can make or break an entire meal?

I would agree that the ending wouldn't be quite as important, if it weren't for the fact that it's the ending of the entire 3-part-series aswell as the fact that all of ME3 is story driven and all your actions have the ending as a goal.

If the game actually were all about the journey, then I, and possibly many others, would not be quite as disappointed. It isn't, though.

PS: Almost forgot to mention a game that is all about the journey: Final Fantasy XIII-2... well, pretty much every single Final Fantasy game. <-<
    It's astonishing how confused people get when a sentence does not end as they potato.

I actually like James too. He seems like an all tough up army guy, but he softens up along the way. I mean he sees Shepard as such an icon and a friend that he wants her/his opinion whether he should join the N7-program or not. Plus I like the little flirting him and my Shepard got going on. It seems to be nothing but friendly teasing and I find it really refreshing. Though I don't know how I really feel about the nickname "Lola". I like Sparks and Scars, though.

| RAGE. HATE. FEAR. | Sig by Shyama <3 | Playing: Guild Wars 2, SWTOR, Diablo 3 |

Quote Originally Posted by Scorage View Post
    Traynor is fucking awesome. Too bad she doesn't swing my way though. The accent, the shyness, then the cheerful attitude. She is like Kelly but a bit better.

Tell me about it..! i was playing chess in my room with her *rubbing my hands, thinking this is it* then she tells me she likes girls i was so disappointed, bloody cock tease poor Shep.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaelwryn View Post
    Honestly, from the start, Kaidan has always had a crush on Shepard. Atleast, that's how it felt to me. I mean, he's in the same boat as Liara and Tali. They're young, and impressionable. Shepard becomes this larger than life sort of person, not surprising that S/he would pick up a few fans along the way, and they just happen to be along for the crazy missions.
    I never picked up on that, my gaydar must be broken.

Quote Originally Posted by Aveline View Post
    I actually like James too. He seems like an all tough up army guy, but he softens up along the way. I mean he sees Shepard as such an icon and a friend that he wants her/his opinion whether he should join the N7-program or not. Plus I like the little flirting him and my Shepard got going on. It seems to be nothing but friendly teasing and I find it really refreshing. Though I don't know how I really feel about the nickname "Lola". I like Sparks and Scars, though.
    I kind of like Lola. heh. I've heard James call Garrus "Scars" before, havent heard him call anyone Sparks though...who's that for?

I never picked up on that, my gaydar must be broken.
    *shrug* Like I said, from the start it's always seemed to me that Kaidan has a crush on Shepard. Well..maybe not so much a crush at the beginning of the first one but big admiration for you and it only deepens as Shepard and he go through the events of the first game together.
    Last edited by Kaelwryn; 2012-03-15 at 03:51 PM.

Hah he calls male sheppard "Loco" IIRC crazy in spanish so good

Quote Originally Posted by Notos View Post
    I dunno, the friendly options up to that point seemed borderline flirtatious to me. Also, he's clearly not gay; his last relationship was with a woman, and femshep can romance him in both ME1 and 3. So...he's bi I guess. The only full on gay character is Cortez. As in, if you're femshep he's not interested in you in the least. Oh, apparently you can also flirt with James as either femshep or mshep.
    I seriously didn't get that feeling he felt like a Garrus to me. I was expecting that meal to be like the bromance me and Garrus had but nope.

I seriously didn't get that feeling he felt like a Garrus to me. I was expecting that meal to be like the bromance me and Garrus had but nope.
    Also, there's a way to completely avoid that talk. You need to lock in on a romance before having the meal with him.

I kind of like Lola. heh. I've heard James call Garrus "Scars" before, havent heard him call anyone Sparks though...who's that for?
    Lola is funny, but I guess I'm not used to it yet. And Sparks is for Tali. You get one "background" conversation with him where he refers to someone called "Sparks" and then he explains it to you. :P

| RAGE. HATE. FEAR. | Sig by Shyama <3 | Playing: Guild Wars 2, SWTOR, Diablo 3 |

Lola is funny, but I guess I'm not used to it yet. And Sparks is for Tali. You get one "background" conversation with him where he refers to someone called "Sparks" and then he explains it to you. :P
    Aaah, I figured it was tali but wasnt sure. damnit, need to talk with squadmates more! Was very bad at doing that in my first playthrough. I'm being much more thorough with my 2nd one.

Also, there's a way to completely avoid that talk. You need to lock in on a romance before having the meal with him.
    I was romancing Miranda Lawson at the time.

---------- Post added 2012-03-15 at 03:58 PM ----------

Also has anyone found a use for the robot dog? or is it there to fill empty spaces?

Aaah, I figured it was tali but wasnt sure. damnit, need to talk with squadmates more! Was very bad at doing that in my first playthrough. I'm being much more thorough with my 2nd one.
    I'm actually doing the same. On my first playthrough I didn't listen to the banter since I had no options to reply half of the time, but these conversations have turned out to be pretty entertaining! They're starting to remind me of the banter your team mates had on Dragon Age games.

The Garrus Bromance is awesome though. I honestly think I would have sacrificed my LI before him after the final conversation in London

Quote Originally Posted by Kanubis View Post
    The Garrus Bromance is awesome though. I honestly think I would have sacrificed my LI before him after the final conversation in London
    I would too, he is by far my most fav character.

I'm actually doing the same. On my first playthrough I didn't listen to the banter since I had no options to reply half of the time, but these conversations have turned out to be pretty entertaining! They're starting to remind me of the banter your team mates had on Dragon Age games.
    God I loved the companion banter in Dragon Age, it would have been awesome if there had been more conversation going on during missions in ME3, but I guess the tone of the game and maybe the intensity of the combat make it tough.

I was romancing Miranda Lawson at the time.
    She doesn't count it seems. Only the Normandy crew do :P
    Last edited by Notos; 2012-03-15 at 04:13 PM.

God I loved the companion banter in Dragon Age, it would have been awesome if there had been more conversation going on during missions in ME3, but I guess the tone of the game and maybe the intensity of the combat make it tough.
    Wynne: Well then, now that you're in an intimate relationship, you should learn about where babies really come from.
    Alistair: Pardon?
    Wynne: I know the Chantry says you dream about your babies and the good Fade spirits take them out of the Fade and leave them in your arms...but that's not true. Actually what happens is that when a girl and a boy really love each other --
    Alistair: Andraste's flaming sword! I know where babies come from!
    Wynne: Do you? Do you really?
    Alistair: I certainly hope so.
    Wynne: Oh, all right then. Aww, look, you're all red and mottled. How cute.
    Alistair: You did that on purpose!
    Wynne: Now, now Alistair, why would I do such a thing?
    Alistair: Because you're wicked. That frail old lady act? I'm so not fooled. I'm on to you now.

Aaaah.. Memories. And just one of my favourites!
    But seriously, it's actually great to see that the squad members are actually communicating with eachother and moving around the Normandy. The talks are definitely worth to listen for a few giggles as I've noticed this time around.

But seriously, it's actually great to see that the squad members are actually communicating with eachother and moving around the Normandy. The talks are definitely worth to listen for a few giggles as I've noticed this time around.
    Drunken Tali is one of my favorites. And then Tali drunk dialing Javik...I laughed so hard. And of course Garrus and his bromancing of every male crew member.

And then Tali drunk dialing Javik...
    AAAAH! I have to see that! Too bad I still don't have Javik...

EDIT: Hahahah, just watched it on YouTube. That was just too hilarious!
    Last edited by Aveline; 2012-03-15 at 04:25 PM.