Quote Originally Posted by Gravath View Post
    Like the Vorcha Grab animation?
    I wouldnt mind it at all.
    I haven't actually seen that yet.

*goes to youtube*

Fuck yeah, it's on. I want that.

---------- Post added 2012-06-25 at 04:44 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    They don't have to have save game imports because there is always "one" cannon path. Players can make their own choices but Bioware has always had a path that is what actually happens in every game they created. They just allow players to modify that path they build the games around the cannon path when needed.
    Just want to point out that Bioware has stated several times that hanging onto our full trilogy savegames might be a good idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    The problem is not so much what people think should or shouldn't happen. It's people expecting Bioware to change their own story to accomodate people's own requests. Requests, that I might say, usually come with some kind of threat attached to it. It is possible to provide your criticism without providing ultimatums.

Personally, I don't think there should be a picture-perfect ending. Sure, I wanted one. But nothing is ever perfect. If there was a perfect ending, then there would be absolutely no choice at all. Everyone would choose the perfect ending with their "canon" Shepard. Each ending is a balance of pros and cons. How the scales tip is up to you though. Which I find is brilliant.
    No, people would in theory play through it with the journey they had from A-B-C. It's not like the perfect ending was telegraphed. It took years to come to fruition. People's outrage is in the fact that their choices made no contribution to the ending, unless you consider the entirety of ME3 'the ending' like Tycho did. Red/Blue with red having the chance of burning the world and if you're really really good, Green. People have every right to demand something wildly different, especially when it came to light that the ending was the brain child of the top two cheeses at Bioware and got zero peer review.

15+ Year Old Account
    They said somewhere that we might miss a thing or two if we skip the Cerberus mission. So it's not just Earth they're adding things to.
    Hopefully it is so the flashback about how shepard was brought back from the dead isn't left up to "space magic". It goes from the top scientist in that field saying its impossible to oh we did it. Everything else in the game has a basis in the lore of the game.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mazinger-Z View Post
    No, people would in theory play through it with the journey they had from A-B-C. It's not like the perfect ending was telegraphed. It took years to come to fruition. People's outrage is in the fact that their choices made no contribution to the ending, unless you consider the entirety of ME3 'the ending' like Tycho did. Red/Blue with red having the chance of burning the world and if you're really really good, Green. People have every right to demand something wildly different, especially when it came to light that the ending was the brain child of the top two cheeses at Bioware and got zero peer review.
    But would a wildly different ending have made sense? You can't do that much with the ending while still having everything else make sense. And the effects of the ending are wildly different. Controlling the reapers, Destroying all synthetic life, and creating a hybrid with Reapers still under their own control are pretty different endings. The cinematics are all very similar but in theory they are all different endings. The EC is taking care of the epilogue part that people want.

But there really isn't much they could do with the ending without making the whole thing not be cheesy. That is why I like the current ending and I think it fits the story perfectly. All parts of ME3 really is an "ending to the story" because you are wrapping everything up. The battle with the reapers is just the final scene everything else about the story was ended with start of the attack on earth.

Does it really matter what rumors say about who wrote the ending and how it was reviewed internally? If you believe the leak then apparently one person ruined everything and had enough control to leak the "dark energy" ending. Could it be that people at bioware actually liked the endings as they are? Just as some fans do.

There are a lot of people that like the endings but just wanted an epilogue or a little context. If two people could create that ending with no input from anyone else at any point then I say they are great writers and am glad they work for Bioware.
    Last edited by rhorle; 2012-06-25 at 02:59 PM.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Oni View Post

That me, chibby version riding one of my o'mighty cats.
    I'll send you her hentai page, you can request more of her work there since I barely have any with me =(
    You can also make requests if you would like, might take some time now she has been busy like hell with work =/
    Is her work exclusivly hentai or can i expect more gems like Haseo?

Quote Originally Posted by Mazinger-Z View Post
    I do look at the whole game as the entire ending. It's the ending of a trilogy, and it wraps close to everything presented in that trilogy over the course of the game; not just the Reapers, but also the Geth-Quarian conflict, the Genophage, Cerberus, plus a ton of smaller and seemingly insignificant things like Conrad Verner. It is the culmination of 6+ years of hard work. That simply cannot be boiled down to being resolved in the last 5 minutes of the last game.

Also, that Patrick Weekes interview was a fake. It was revealed a long time ago. People just tend to forget that since it doesn't fit into their image of the world.

Deleted
    Also, that Patrick Weekes interview was a fake. It was revealed a long time ago. People just tend to forget that since it doesn't fit into their image of the world.
    The one where Casey took the blame for kicking out everyone?
    If its fake then its the first time i heard about it.

Bioware was pretty quick to shut that rumour down on BSN. Weekes said himself he had never participated in such a thing.

Of course it was forgotten half a day later.

---------- Post added 2012-06-25 at 05:17 PM ----------

Aaand I can't find Adams anywhere. I love how the characters actually do other things between missions than just stand endlessly at their terminals in this game.

---------- Post added 2012-06-25 at 05:18 PM ----------

Also, odd bug. I just got the Missing Scouts missions before actually talking to Wrex about it.

It was never proven. The only proof available is that it was posted from his account. Neither Weekes nor Bioware admitted that his account had been hacked. Patrick just said he didn't write it. ^)o(^

Deleted
    If its during the genophage part, then Adams is in the mens quarters next to the bathroom.

If its during the genophage part, then Adams is in the mens quarters next to the bathroom.
    Haha, never knew that. That's awesome.

---------- Post added 2012-06-25 at 05:28 PM ----------

Also, I miss Wrex as a teammate.

10+ Year Old Account
    A question about MP. I was in one match where we had an objective to pick up an object and deliver it to the extraction zone. Having been my first time picking the item up, I sprinted after picking it up, causing it to drop. Didn't know sprint would do that. Anyways, after it dropped, I could not pick it up again. Nor could anyone on my team. Everyone just stood around it like an idiot and then we lost the match.

Bug? Or did I fuck it up for everyone?
    Putin khuliyo

10+ Year Old Account
    Not at all. However many of the arguments I see against the ending is the fact that people didn't get their blue babies with Liara, or the house on Rannoch with Tali. Blaming a video game company for not spewing out unicorns and rainbows like most other companies is not okay.

---------- Post added 2012-06-25 at 03:14 PM ----------

On the last count, the "FOR THE LITTLE BLUE CHILDREN!"-thread on BSN (with caps and everything), has clocked in at 113 pages. And every other EC-related thread has people saying "I just want to be with my LI" all over it.
    So you're trying to say that after investing 100 hours into a video game series, that is telling a story about my character cannot end in happiness? I am very disappointed that there was not a "perfect" ending option. That's not to say the ending wasn't bad from multiple other view points. There was a thread on Reddit with a quote from one of the writers from DA:O stating that if you're going to invest that much time into a game about your character, the players want to see a happy ending. They don't want the story to end all doom and gloom. That's what we got with ME3, our character that we shaped, spent the last 100 hours turning into the person we wanted him/her to be, gone. I didn't spend all that time to have my character go self-sacrifice on the galaxy.

Quote Originally Posted by orissa View Post
    A question about MP. I was in one match where we had an objective to pick up an object and deliver it to the extraction zone. Having been my first time picking the item up, I sprinted after picking it up, causing it to drop. Didn't know sprint would do that. Anyways, after it dropped, I could not pick it up again. Nor could anyone on my team. Everyone just stood around it like an idiot and then we lost the match.

Bug? Or did I fuck it up for everyone?
    Bug. It's supposed to be able to be picked up again. I had to drop it several times in my solo run the other day, could pick it up again just fine after.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by razisgosu View Post
    That's what we got with ME3, our character that we shaped, spent the last 100 hours turning into the person we wanted him/her to be, gone. I didn't spend all that time to have my character go self-sacrifice on the galaxy.
    Honestly though why would you not expect Doom and Gloom given the story of Mass Effect? That a battle that is pretty much hopeless might be hopeless? Just because you die in the end also doesn't mean it isn't a happy ending or isn't filled with just doom and gloom. Would shepard really know what to do with himself with no reapers? Do you really see him sitting on a new citadel council? President of the galaxy?

Doom and Gloom doesn't make for a bad story. Lord of the Rings is filled with plenty of doom and gloom and doesn't really have a "happy" ending but it is an excellent story. And I found the ME ending to be a happy one for my character. Just because my Shepard died and didn't get to raise a family with Ashley doesn't mean it wasn't a happy ending for him. He died doing what he has done since becoming a spectre candidate. Fighting against a foe that seemed impossible to beat and sacrificing along the way.

Quote Originally Posted by razisgosu View Post
    So you're trying to say that after investing 100 hours into a video game series, that is telling a story about my character cannot end in happiness? I am very disappointed that there was not a "perfect" ending option. That's not to say the ending wasn't bad from multiple other view points. There was a thread on Reddit with a quote from one of the writers from DA:O stating that if you're going to invest that much time into a game about your character, the players want to see a happy ending. They don't want the story to end all doom and gloom. That's what we got with ME3, our character that we shaped, spent the last 100 hours turning into the person we wanted him/her to be, gone. I didn't spend all that time to have my character go self-sacrifice on the galaxy.
    I think I know which Dragon Age-writer it was, he was active on BSN a couple of months back as well. Since he had nothing to do with the develoment of ME. He definitely had some interesting viewpoints. He agreed with some things regarding the ending, disagreed with other things. And he may be right in this particular case.

However, the premise of Mass Effect is portraying a harsh, gritty galaxy where the risk of a premature death is pretty high. It was never supposed to be a happy place. Heck, the first things you encounter in ME1 is someone under your command dying, sentient robots impaling people and turning them into cybernetic zombies, one of your would-be colleauges representing the James Bond-agency of the Mass Effect universe being gunned down by a co-worker, and a creepy-ass vision showing huge robots going to work on an ancient civilization. And that's just the first 30 minutes of the entire trilogy.

I can understand people wanting a happy ending. I wanted one too. But I never truly expected the ending to come without some pretty big sacrifices in one form or another. This trilogy was never lining up for that rainbows-and-unicorns ending.

Besides, the story doesn't have to end all doom-and-gloom. It all comes down to the individual's point of view. I for one am fine with my Control choice. It's definitely not picture-perfect seeing as Shepard sacrifices himself, but he does so in order to save everyone else left alive.

only good haseo is beserk form haseo. that form kicks so much ass
    someone else might have gotten it wrong.

15+ Year Old Account
    Haha, never knew that. That's awesome.
    In the future you can just open up the map and it will show the location of the npc's including Adams. It shows the "named" or the ones you can talk to but not all interactable ones. Since the guy that you can interact with to salute or the dog aren't shown.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't mind a self-sacrificial Shepard. That's not among any of my complaints about the ending. Such an ending can always be done powerfully if done correctly.

Though, I do believe a "perfect ending" should be achievable, such as there was in ME2; do everything a certain way and Shepard lives, the mass relays remain functional and the Reapers are destroyed. Just like if you do everything a certain way in ME2, everyone can go home alive.

---------- Post added 2012-06-25 at 12:42 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    In the future you can just open up the map and it will show the location of the npc's including Adams. It shows the "named" or the ones you can talk to but not all interactable ones. Since the guy that you can interact with to salute or the dog aren't shown.
    There's a dog?
    Putin khuliyo