Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Airwaves View Post
    You are implying real life logic into a game. nice work!
    The whole game is built on a very real theory on very real physics.
    The "mass effect" thing? Not space magic.

Oh well, 3 silver games and 12 waves in total. I'll try to stick to bronze but it gets a bit boring. Either A: People are good and it ends in 12 minutes. Or B: People are bad and I get to deal with almost an entire wave all by myself.

Hopefully the victory pack of this week will be just as good as last one. (Last one gave me mah Krogan Soldier! Raaaaaaaa!)
    "So, he sent a succubus to seduce you, and lure you down to his side. And yet, first thing you do is to check her ass? Ah, kid, you've got much to learn.."

Quote Originally Posted by Scorage View Post
    Oh well, 3 silver games and 12 waves in total. I'll try to stick to bronze but it gets a bit boring. Either A: People are good and it ends in 12 minutes. Or B: People are bad and I get to deal with almost an entire wave all by myself.

Hopefully the victory pack of this week will be just as good as last one. (Last one gave me mah Krogan Soldier! Raaaaaaaa!)
    When your just doing PUG's like that. Make sure you check out thier N7 number first of all. Then look to see what weapons they are using and if they are using upgrades as well. Also make sure their character isn't to low a level but that's a no brainer. Just leave and try a different group if those things look bad. No point in wasting your time. Also leave if you have like 3 of one class.

If you all ready do all those things, then sorry, bad luck I guess.
    The generalist looks outward; he looks for living principles, knowing full well that such principles change, that they develop. It is to the characteristics of change itself that the mentat-generalist must look. There can be no permanent catalogue of such change, no handbook or manual. You must look at it with as few preconceptions as possible, asking yourself, "Now what is this thing doing?" -Children of Dune

Quote Originally Posted by Duncanîdaho View Post
    When your just doing PUG's like that. Make sure you check out thier N7 number first of all. Then look to see what weapons they are using and if they are using upgrades as well. Also make sure their character isn't to low a level but that's a no brainer. Just leave and try a different group if those things look bad. No point in wasting your time.

Yea, I do all those things. Bad luck is bad luck. Although, I'm usually fine with someone not using any equipments on a bronze if their weapons are good. (Like Revenant, Widow, Crusader.) Damn I want my Revenant so bad... Though I have a rank 2 Phaeston which seems to fill the gap so far.
    "So, he sent a succubus to seduce you, and lure you down to his side. And yet, first thing you do is to check her ass? Ah, kid, you've got much to learn.."

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Airwaves View Post
    You are implying real life logic into a game. nice work!
    Even by Scifi standards its more than a little absurd but I'm a doctor who fan so absurdity is fine :P my objection to the ending (id say endings but frankly they are very poorly differentiated) its more to do with the lack of any explanation, closure or respect for the relationships you developed from the beginning, if a character isn't killed offscreen it is part of that out of place crash landing sequence.
    Some characters are giving very good sequences, I was heartwrenched the first time I did rannock and Tali killed herself, she is in the lower end of my favourite characters but it got me to go back and correct it so I saved both fleets. When my beloved Liara is killed all I got was a reference to shepard being the only one to survive the beam, they don't even mention her by name. When it happened I was in denial, bioware would not do that to their characters at the end of a 3 game series surely, especially to one of the very first characters you encounter in ME1.

10+ Year Old Account
    all of the characters before the citadel surived from the weekes clarification just for your infomation. Still hopeful that will will do a post dlc to unite the crew and i would have threw Liara to the wolves at any chance, annoys me more then Vega the oxygen thief
    If everything I do is wrong then by god ill do it right

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Window View Post
    all of the characters before the citadel surived from the weekes clarification just for your infomation. Still hopeful that will will do a post dlc to unite the crew and i would have threw Liara to the wolves at any chance, annoys me more then Vega the oxygen thief
    Screw that Liaras pregnant with my baby . Now Vega on the other hand I really on't give two shits about him lol. Don't think i used him once except for on Mars

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Window View Post
    I'll need a quote from bioware to believe that, I cant find one myself. I recall seeing images of the squad members in question dead on the floor after the beam hits. Either they messed up big time and left gaping holes in the sequence or they are altering it to quell some of the anger. In either respect its to little to late.

10+ Year Old Account
    you can find the Weekes stuff on the bioware forums if you look hard enough there should be other websites aswell he did a good interview
    If everything I do is wrong then by god ill do it right

Quote Originally Posted by Duncanîdaho View Post
    When your just doing PUG's like that. Make sure you check out thier N7 number first of all. Then look to see what weapons they are using and if they are using upgrades as well. Also make sure their character isn't to low a level but that's a no brainer. Just leave and try a different group if those things look bad. No point in wasting your time. Also leave if you have like 3 of one class.

the lvl of the char isnt that big of an importance. i took my asari adept the other day (lvl 3) to a silver mission. first one i got kicked but second one they let me stay and hello and behold by the end of all the waves i was the second one on the scored board by simply providing assistance to the team and using my brain, while the other 2 that were bellow me kept dying from rushing to turrets or a pack of phantoms that were around the corner
    someone else might have gotten it wrong.

Unlocked the Geth Plasma Shotgun. Took a while to get used to it, but DAMN it's good!

---------- Post added 2012-04-09 at 03:33 PM ----------

And I just noticed I unlocked the Quarian Engineer! Didn't notice since the pack bugged out and refused to show what was in it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tnpm View Post
    the lvl of the char isnt that big of an importance. i took my asari adept the other day (lvl 3) to a silver mission. first one i got kicked but second one they let me stay and hello and behold by the end of all the waves i was the second one on the scored board by simply providing assistance to the team and using my brain, while the other 2 that were bellow me kept dying from rushing to turrets or a pack of phantoms that were around the corner
    Truthfully I think it also depends on what class you're playing as. Some don't rely as heavily on having your skill completed. Vanguard isn't as useful, imo, at most of the lower levels.

Quote Originally Posted by Muzual View Post
    I would say the only one where level is important is gold, purely because you need your points for your abilities as well as your points in fitness.
    Level doesn't even matter in Gold. I play as a level 1 Infiltrator on Gold everytime I start him over. An upgraded widow and a single point in Energy Drain is all you need to top the score chart w/ 100k+.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Muzual View Post
    Okay, well for the less skilled players (me :<) the points in fitness are necessary then

Fitness really should only be used for vanguards because of nova stacking with shields.
    And shockwave is worthless.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gravath View Post
    Fitness really should only be used for vanguards because of nova stacking with shields.
    And shockwave is worthless.
    I go fitness on my turian sential. :P

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaelwryn View Post
    I go fitness on my turian sential. :P

Thats because then you can take a rocket to the face and just shrug it off.

Shield recharge is good, but I don't think even the highest possible amount of bonus health and shields make a noticeable difference.

Usually one of my human (class) goes 6/6/6/6/0, while the other goes 6/6/3/6/5 (3 depends on class ofcourse), building one pure offensive and other rather defensive.

On silver I don't need fitness, but on gold... yeah, gonna need that shield recharge very much

(My Turian soldier is pure offense while my Turian Sentinel goes for 40% reduction. Krogan Soldier is a beast of a tank though, along with Krogan Sentinel. 1600 Shields whaaaaaaaaaaa......)
    Last edited by Scorage; 2012-04-09 at 04:28 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Scorage View Post
    Shield recharge is good, but I don't think even the highest possible amount of bonus health and shields make a noticeable difference.

Usually one of my human (class) goes 6/6/6/6/0, while the other goes 6/6/3/6/5 (3 depends on class ofcourse), building one pure offensive and other rather defensive.

On silver I don't need fitness, but on gold... yeah, gonna need that shield recharge very much

(My Turian soldier is pure offense while my Turian Sentinel goes for 40% reduction. Krogan Soldier is a beast of a tank though, along with Krogan Sentinel. 1600 Shields whaaaaaaaaaaa......)
    1600 shields with the ability to oneshot most enemies with a single melee attack?
    Nerf krogans!

oh wait.. i did :>

as an asari adept i basicly just upgrade stasis to full with the upgrade that turns it into a bubble and the one that sometimes instant resets the cds on all powers. other than that i carry a lvl 2 carnifez with a scope that basicly makes it into a portable sniper, and a barrel for increased dmg. then the other points usualy go into power upgrades, along with the 20% increase to headshot dmg since im always aiming for the heads.
    someone else might have gotten it wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    I actually don't understand how you guys can still play multiplayer after a month. I found it exciting for a great while, but it gets incredibly boring by the time you reach level 18 with any class. Silver and Gold help a little, but it's still the same thing over and over. I recently started getting bored after one or two games a day. Now, I can't even touch it.