Quote Originally Posted by Moontalon View Post
    I can't speak for anyone else but I hated it because they threw in new plot elements at the end of the game, and then didn't give you any sort of closure or explanation of the events that happened at the end of the game. Closure. That's the main thing I want, and supposedly what they're giving us with the Extended Cut... though I'm still a bit apprehensive about that Extended Cut DLC. I'm hoping it's actually worthy of the game and not just a quick "band aid" job.
    Ah, I hear you, thanks. I listened to the audio books that took place between 1 and 2 and 2 and 3 - because there was so many optional elements, they could hardly state anything to do with the main story. I was pretty disappointed in those books because of that - and maybe that's why I expected the game endings to be a bit like that - but I guess there's not much else they could do. Even with the limited number of options there are, they couldn't make another book. The ending DLC, for it to address all the 3 endings and the potentials - that's the only way - but even still - not until summer .

Either way, I'm still looking forward to the next full Mass Effect game. I love the IP far too much to let one bad ending experience ruin it for me.

Are they actually making a #4? I thought I read a news story somewhere that Bioware closed the door on that.

I played Mass Effect 2 the month before 3 came out - it made getting to the end of 2 still fun because I knew there was more (I timed it so I finished the day 3 was released). Now I do find it to be rather empty and pointless too.

Agree though, good IP - after all these years it'd be good to be able to look forward to more .

Quote Originally Posted by pjpeter View Post
    Are they actually making a #4? I thought I read a news story somewhere that Bioware closed the door on that.

I played Mass Effect 2 the month before 3 came out - it made getting to the end of 2 still fun because I knew there was more (I timed it so I finished the day 3 was released). Now I do find it to be rather empty and pointless too.

Agree though, good IP - after all these years it'd be good to be able to look forward to more .
    They are making a fourth game, but it won't be with Shepard and gang. They've said that Shepard's story was a trilogy, and ME3 was the end of it. The next one will be a new plot with new characters.

I forget where it was but I read something... I think Chris Priestly posted, saying they were already working on DLC for ME3 and the next full ME game, so "your adventures in the Mass Effect would continue" or something to that effect.

OOO - it makes more sense now that they had that legacy ending. I guess they could do it long in the future - sort of like The Old Republic is vs. Knights of the Old Republic. And the rest of the Star Wars trilogy. If you put it far enough in the future it won't matter what really happened before.

Would still be fun to import the old saves and see - even if it only had a small effect - instead of a MASSive one :P

They are making a fourth game, but it won't be with Shepard and gang. They've said that Shepard's story was a trilogy, and ME3 was the end of it. The next one will be a new plot with new characters.

I forget where it was but I read something... I think Chris Priestly posted, saying they were already working on DLC for ME3 and the next full ME game, so "your adventures in the Mass Effect would continue" or something to that effect.

Well plus I can't see them just dropping an IP that is still so popular.

Not the post I was talking about but also mentions games after ME3: http://www.vgchartz.com/article/8445...f-mass-effect/

EDIT: AHA! I found it! It's from Ray Muzyka. http://blog.bioware.com/2012/03/21/4108/

This is in addition to our existing plan to continue providing new Mass Effect content and new full games, so rest assured that your journey in the Mass Effect universe can, and will, continue.
    Last edited by Oerba Yun Fang; 2012-04-18 at 01:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gravath View Post
    He doesnt know what hes on about, a real man doesnt use a weapon OR biotics, just running around and punching stuff in the face until they die.
    So you've played with my Drell Adept I see.

Quote Originally Posted by Geminiwolf View Post
    Am i the only one here that would want a male Quarian? I often think of why they never included male AND female Quarians.
    I would literally kill for a male Quarian with Kal'Reegar's voice(from ME2) since they so cruelly cut him out of ME3 without any screen time. He was my favorite secondary character in the entire series. I was really hoping he would be a squadmate in ME3, but since Tali's the resident Quarian I guess he does not get a place. I really would love a male quarian soldier or something though. Would fit in nicely.

ME4 or whatever is going to be amazing I think. Hopefully depending on your ending in the first trilogy the universe could really change and have different events. It really has so much potential.
    Last edited by Duncanîdaho; 2012-04-18 at 01:27 AM.
    The generalist looks outward; he looks for living principles, knowing full well that such principles change, that they develop. It is to the characteristics of change itself that the mentat-generalist must look. There can be no permanent catalogue of such change, no handbook or manual. You must look at it with as few preconceptions as possible, asking yourself, "Now what is this thing doing?" -Children of Dune

I have kind of mixed feeling with ME4. I like the universe and would want to see it continue, but I just can't see a 4th game being anything except a step down. The Mass Effect series has built up well because of the reapers. If they try to introduce something... "Now this ___________ species threatens the galaxy, and they're even more dangerous than the reapers!," I would call "foul" in terms of destroying the lore.

The only directions I could see the ME universe going forward would be: a) Krogan wars or b) There were a few reapers still in dark space, and they're coming back for vengeance >.>

I think the Mass Effect series built up well because of the writing, not because of the "big baddie." Regardless of the antagonist, if the writing remains at the same caliber (current endings notwithstanding) I think it'll be a fantastic game.

Quote Originally Posted by Oni View Post
    The answer is quite simple...

Those damn hips
    They can be quite hypnotizing indeed.

10+ Year Old Account
    The problem is unless the extending cut is something amazing which i doubt any new franchise would seem to be a prequel, if not they would have to work around thier a b c endings which further digs the grave for Bioware
    If everything I do is wrong then by god ill do it right

Quote Originally Posted by Window View Post
    The problem is unless the extending cut is something amazing which i doubt any new franchise would seem to be a prequel, if not they would have to work around thier a b c endings which further digs the grave for Bioware
    No they don't. Only one ending will be 'cannon' and the ME4 (which will probably be on the next gen consoles so you won't be importing any saves) will go from there. Either very quickly afterwords or maybe a while afterwords. I would guess a while afterwords so no importing of saves makes sense since you wouldn't have the chance to meet any of the people you may have saved.

There will be 'cannon' choices involved with everything to lay the basis for ME4. Which now that I think about it, won't be billed as ME4, but rather 'Mass Effect: Subtitle!'. I don't think they will continue with the numbered naming convention, despite the fact that everyone will refer to it as ME4.
    Last edited by obdigore; 2012-04-18 at 05:36 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    I can't speak for anyone else but I hated it because they threw in new plot elements at the end of the game, and then didn't give you any sort of closure or explanation of the events that happened at the end of the game. Closure. That's the main thing I want, and supposedly what they're giving us with the Extended Cut... though I'm still a bit apprehensive about that Extended Cut DLC. I'm hoping it's actually worthy of the game and not just a quick "band aid" job.
    It wasn't so much "new" as it was never really explained. There were hints to the "dark matter cycle" and the "something on the citadel" and something about the keepers. But Bioware never explained it before making it the most important lore of the game. I don't hate the endings, I hate the obscurity.

That leaked "ending" was a lot better at tying in the subtle hints and explaining stuff. While not explaining everything (like the Citadel AI).
    Last edited by rhorle; 2012-04-18 at 06:19 AM.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Deleted
    Stupid justicar...
    Last one I need ofc

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Yakobo15 View Post
    Stupid justicar...
    Last one I need ofc
    Never did any MP until yesterday and wanted to play a Justicar.

Decided to buy a few spectre packs with MS points to get a headstart (total of 20). You know what I got?

3 x Geth SMG (wanted it badly)
    4x Asari Justicar (yeah rly)
    various other Race combos like Geth Technician and stuff
    various other rare Weapons.

I never thought that I have that much luck

However I HATE the fact that today this pack was released. Damn you for spending all on spectre packs

Resurgence Pack 99,000 Credits
    240 MS/BioWare Points
    $2.99 USD
    New allies and munitions available for the fight against the Reapers! Includes 5 random items or characters, with at least 1 of the new Resurgence Rares.
    Last edited by mmocac05adb153; 2012-04-18 at 07:35 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Windry View Post
    I have kind of mixed feeling with ME4. I like the universe and would want to see it continue, but I just can't see a 4th game being anything except a step down. The Mass Effect series has built up well because of the reapers. If they try to introduce something... "Now this ___________ species threatens the galaxy, and they're even more dangerous than the reapers!," I would call "foul" in terms of destroying the lore.

The only directions I could see the ME universe going forward would be: a) Krogan wars or b) There were a few reapers still in dark space, and they're coming back for vengeance >.>
    Well, considering they scrapped Dark Energy in ME3, they still have that card in their sleeve (I just realised by playing Mass Effect 2 an other time that Galactic news make reference to an other world who suffered the Haelstorm effect).
    They could choose as canon the destroy option which left many problem to be solved (Rebuilding relay , Citadel partial destruction, bringing back the fleets to their homeworld) that alone could be the front topic of a new game involving former Shepard team members. During the galaxy reconstruction, and reapers technology salvaging they could realise that Reapers were working on a solution to the Dark Energy but because they were destroyed all of their work is lost. Perhaps Reapers were actually doing something all that time waiting in Dark Space, that slowed down the Dark Energy problem, and now a solution must be found quickly.

The main quest could be then to find the Reaper's creators homeworld and clue on how to save the galaxy from Dark Energy.

I would love the ME4+ games to be centered on Liara as she is the canon shepard love interest, and also one of the few team members that couldn't die in ME2, and due to beeing an asari she'll be alive long after the ME3 events.

Quote Originally Posted by Megaira View Post
    Never did any MP until yesterday and wanted to play a Justicar.

Decided to buy a few spectre packs with MS points to get a headstart (total of 20). You know what I got?

3 x Geth SMG (wanted it badly)
    4x Asari Justicar (yeah rly)
    various other Race combos like Geth Technician and stuff
    various other rare Weapons.

I never thought that I have that much luck

However I HATE the fact that today this pack was released. Damn you for spending all on spectre packs

Resurgence Pack 99,000 Credits
    240 MS/BioWare Points
    $2.99 USD
    New allies and munitions available for the fight against the Reapers! Includes 5 random items or characters, with at least 1 of the new Resurgence Rares.
    pff some people have all the luck. perhaps i should get my lazy ass of ME1 and start doing some random Multiplayer as well havnt done any MP for 2 weeks now :P

Quote Originally Posted by ThrashMetalFtw View Post
    The pre-WotLK Mind Flay animation. 2nd biggest reason for rolling a Priest, biggest obviously being Shadowform. Anyone who uses Glyph of Shadow should reroll Hunter, filthy blasphemers.

The Geth Engineer is the most fun. A Giant Purple Geth shooting harpoons at things? Yes Please!

Owwwkeeeeeeei I feel just enough amount of lazy to ask it in here instead of playing for creds and actually checking it out myself. (Doing stuff myself... Yuck...)

Resurgence packs people! Come with 2 rares or 1? Are they just an expensive but guaranteed way to reach those damn Batarians, or they are the new face of Prem Spec packs?
    "So, he sent a succubus to seduce you, and lure you down to his side. And yet, first thing you do is to check her ass? Ah, kid, you've got much to learn.."