10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gravath View Post

The citadel closes itself, with no damage.
    And the citadel isnt totaled in the other endings.
    Pretty sure the citadel took some heavy damage in the destroy ending I saw last night. I clearly saw it being blown up when the crucible fired.

Deleted
    The central part was destroyed and the arms took damage, but the arms are largely intact and people did survive.
    Its only the biggest mass effect field generator in the universe with infinite protective areas throughout the arms.
    Also confirmed by Bioware at PAX East so im just not talking out of my ass.

Deleted
    The central part was destroyed and the arms took damage, but the arms are largely intact and people did survive.
    Its only the biggest mass effect field generator in the universe with infinite protective areas throughout the arms.
    Also confirmed by Bioware at PAX East so im just not talking out of my ass.
    How does being a Mass Field generator prevent it from exploding...
    "infinite protective areas" is nonsense.
    I'll believe anything Bioware says relating to their own universe when Shepard doesn't do what the "Lord of the Reapers" tells him to, their PR people don't think they landed on Earth at the end and they aren't in PR control mode trying to stem the tide of tears for their fallen characters.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Yakobo15 View Post
    I'll believe anything Bioware says relating to their own universe when Shepard doesn't do what the "Lord of the Reapers" tells him to, their PR people don't think they landed on Earth at the end and they aren't in PR control mode trying to stem the tide of tears for their fallen characters.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HHoEueRUEEI
    Because i cba to explain everything.

Deleted
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HHoEueRUEEI
    Because i cba to explain everything.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m8BSg9KIe0k is better quality.
    Hadn't bothered watching it before because... yeah.
    Some interesting things I saw though...
    I watched the part before the Q&A in 5 parts from another upload, from the audience, and for all the clapping you hear when they mention things like the ending (or Tali's face etc) there are maybe 2-3 people infront of the camera clapping half-heartedly, and a deafening roar from behind camera (about 10-15 rows infront of the camera...)
    When discussing the Citadel etc exploding the writers vaguely supposed what happened, but about ANY other topic they go into background detail and clearly know what they're talking about.
    The guy who "stood up" for not changing the ending made me "wtf" by thanking them for not setting "A dangerous precedent". As if things haven't been changed before due to consumer feedback (be it from private screenings or something like Fallout 3, or even THEIR OWN BOOK) or been DLC (FF13-2, another recent game that I can't think of atm...).
    I just wish they had someone/people like the 2 writers that were there write the ending, maybe then we wouldn't have got the shiny 8-year old remove all menace and mystery from the villain in 3 games with circular logic.

I seemed to have shaved off the starting part of the Citadel question when I changed videos...
    Air seals on the exterior? Really? I guess that's why they all put on their helmets and the air rushed out when the glass was shot.
    Gravity is maintained on the wards by centrifugal force, if they all just fly away (into the Earth, Moon, or deep space) there'll be no more gravity, there may be air seals but good luck trying to hang on after a jolt like that.
    Last edited by mmoca4abc3a051; 2012-05-04 at 04:18 PM.

@Yakobo: I'm not sure what you're trying to argue. As Gravath said, BW has already said that the Citadel is not destroyed. I thought it was in that PAX East panel he linked, but maybe it was in a different interview (no, I'm not going to look it up and link it for you).

If you watch the destroy or synthesize ending again, the "middle of the Citadel" is destroyed, but that's not the Citadel at all. That's the Crucible you see exploding. Are there explosion on the arms of the Citadel? Yes, there are, but definitely not on a scale that I would say the whole Citadel is gone.

---------- Post added 2012-05-04 at 11:46 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Yakobo15 View Post
    From my understanding of the lore, Mass Effect Fields can be used like a barrier to protect.
    In the suicide mission in ME2, or on Thesia, we saw several biotics use their skills to create a barrier to deflect damage right?
    Mass effect fields work the same, or rather, an adept/biotic user has the ability to create and manipulate mass effect fields.

So to answer your question, Mass Field generators don't prevent explosions; they act as a barrier, protecting from the damage of the explosion.

10+ Year Old Account
    One of the big problems i have with the ME 3 ending is the fact that all the relays are destroyed which basically says to me "that's it no more ME" or at least continuing the story from there. Now, what they're probably going to do is do what everyone else does; they'll make a few prequels then they'll make an MMO (and knowing EA they'll make it subscription based) If they kept the mass relays from being destroyed it would've made the ending 10 times better. But the way they did it's just like "nope everything is destroyed, Shepard's dead, the end"
    - "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black" - Jo Bodin, BLM supporter
    - "I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun. The kids used to come up and reach in the pool & rub my leg down so it was straight & watch the hair come back up again. So I learned about roaches, I learned about kids jumping on my lap, and I love kids jumping on my lap...” - Pedo Joe

K, I just need to vent. 10 waves done, DC on extraction. Why don't I get even partial credit for it in terms of credits and xp? >.<

Quote Originally Posted by Geminiwolf View Post
    One of the big problems i have with the ME 3 ending is the fact that all the relays are destroyed which basically says to me "that's it no more ME" or at least continuing the story from there. Now, what they're probably going to do is do what everyone else does; they'll make a few prequels then they'll make an MMO (and knowing EA they'll make it subscription based) If they kept the mass relays from being destroyed it would've made the ending 10 times better. But the way they did it's just like "nope everything is destroyed, Shepard's dead, the end"
    I agree. I think destroying the mass relays was a bad way to end it, especially if they plan on making more games, but the Protheans were close to understanding mass effect relay technology. I think if BW wanted to, they could bring back the mass relays in the next game with something along the lines of: "All the races went hard to work on understanding and recreating the mass relays." or "They went to Ilos, reverse engineered the conduit and figured out how to create mass relays again."
    (It will be incredibly lame, but I think that's what's going to happen.)

On the other hand, I think if BW wanted to (and I really hope they do), they could be like:
    BW: "Hohoho, you thought ALL the mass relays were destroyed? No, just the one in the Sol system."
    Fans: "But we thought..."
    BW: "Did you SEE any of the other relays get destroyed? No."
    Fans: "What about the Catalyst, he said they'd all be destroyed."
    BW: "He controls the reapers. Since when did Shepard or the fans listen to the reapers?"
    Fans: "In your interviews post release, you confirmed that the mass relays were gone!"
    BW: "We were just doing our best to throw the fans off to heighten the suprise...." /trollface
    (ya, probably not going to happen, but one can hope!)

Shepard survives if you have 5k+ fleet strength, and I think the extended cut will show this more clearly than him flinching in a pile of rubble.

Quote Originally Posted by Iyotanka View Post
    K, I just need to vent. 10 waves done, DC on extraction. Why don't I get even partial credit for it in terms of credits and xp? >.<
    They do this to discourage leaving in the middle of the game. It sucks that it wrongly punishes people who get d/c'd as well. It happened to me the first time I beat a gold challenge, sigh, I was pretty pissed afterwards too.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    Oooh, a very good sign indeed. If they're bringing back voice actors of major characters, then I'd say there's some interesting epilogues in store indeed. Now if only Mark Meer and/or Jennifer Hale would let slip that they're recording more lines!

10+ Year Old Account
    All I noticed in that pic was they use Windows XP still. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Greevir View Post
    All I noticed in that pic was they use Windows XP still. :P
    lol It's a picture of what appears to be a recording booth (judging by the mic) posted by Raphael S'barge, who is the voice actor behind Kaidan Alenko. It (along with the text in the Twitter post) implies that BioWare brought him back to record more lines for Kaidan, likely for the upcoming Extended Cut DLC.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    Thankfully in my game Kaiden is dead since ME1. ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Spaceshaman View Post
    Thankfully in my game Kaiden is dead since ME1. ^^
    Why don't you drive a knife through my heart? It would be less painful!

Quote Originally Posted by Moontalon View Post
    Why don't you drive a knife through my heart? It would be less painful!
    Here's one to cheer you up: Ashley is alive.

Anyway, anyway, I'm very glad they are back at studio!

Quote Originally Posted by Spaceshaman View Post
    Here's one to cheer you up: Ashley is alive.
    FUUUUUUUUUUUUU you mean thing...

Quote Originally Posted by Oni View Post
    I nearly sprayed water all over my monitors and keyboard at 1:43. XD

I fcuking love steak. Also that video.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Windry View Post
    If you watch the destroy or synthesize ending again, the "middle of the Citadel" is destroyed, but that's not the Citadel at all. That's the Crucible you see exploding. Are there explosion on the arms of the Citadel? Yes, there are, but definitely not on a scale that I would say the whole Citadel is gone.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...lM2hwhJA#t=60s

The explosions start a few seconds after the time the link starts at. You can clearly see the explosions are happening on the actually citadel and not just the crucible. The central ring of the citadel that all the arms attack to has giant explosions. While it might not be "vaporized" its pretty much junked. That doesn't mean it couldn't be rebuilt, but I'd call it as destroyed as a car having half its body blown up.

---------- Post added 2012-05-04 at 11:02 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Geminiwolf View Post
    The relays are only destroyed in 2 of the 3 endings. There is also the possibility of smaller scale relays being rebuilt. There might not be hundreds of them like their currently are. But they could likely salvage and rebuild them. There could have easily been plans for the mass relays hidden in the Crucible data that provides a way to rebuild them if the curcibles plan worked. Or left over Reaper data on the Citadel.

Also we don't know if ALL relays were destroyed or if only the Active ones were. There were still gates that were left inactive so as not to expose another race like the krogan or rachni to the universe. There are plenty of options still left open for Bioware to explore given the way the Red and Green endings show the Relays being destroyed.

---------- Post added 2012-05-04 at 11:04 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Moontalon View Post
    Oooh, a very good sign indeed. If they're bringing back voice actors of major characters, then I'd say there's some interesting epilogues in store indeed. Now if only Mark Meer and/or Jennifer Hale would let slip that they're recording more lines!
    Well it doesn't mean it has to do with the Free DLC. It could very well be part of planned Paid DLC that they are developing as well.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."