Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Moontalon View Post
    "Can I just note how odd it is for a hanar to have a mistress?"
    Oh the day when a krogan have a hanar wife.

Quote Originally Posted by Gravath View Post
    -snip-
    It wasn't a question of whether it was well-executed or not (though they do acknowledge that EA's advertising was lacking in some areas). It was whether there was any difference at all, depending on previous choices. And whether there was a thematic difference between the outcomes at the end. Which there was.

---------- Post added 2012-06-28 at 06:21 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Grokan View Post
    After playing through ME3, I kinda wished I got the Project Overlord DLC. Would have been nice to know its implications going into ME3.
    Not sure of the EMS implications, but you meet David on Grissom Academy. It's just a small scene but it's awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by razisgosu View Post
    Really disappointed there was no follow up on the Destroy endings "breathe" scene.
    not yet.....

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    It wasn't a question of whether it was well-executed or not (though they do acknowledge that EA's advertising was lacking in some areas). It was whether there was any difference at all, depending on previous choices. And whether there was a thematic difference between the outcomes at the end. Which there was.

---------- Post added 2012-06-28 at 06:21 PM ----------

Not sure of the EMS implications, but you meet David on Grissom Academy. It's just a small scene but it's awesome.
    And when you meet Dr. Archer again, Shepard really shows how much she hates his guts.

---------- Post added 2012-06-28 at 12:25 PM ----------

@Orissa
    Are we more than our thoughts?
    No, no we are not. And therefore, I would not say that Shepard died in the Control ending, but that she instead, transcended humanity.
    Putin khuliyo

Quote Originally Posted by orissa View Post
    And when you meet Dr. Archer again, Shepard really shows how much she hates his guts.
    Haha, looking forward to that. Unfortunately my canon Shepard completed ME2 before Overlord came out, and it doesn't count if you do it after. And I'm only halfway through ME3 with my other near-complete playthrough.

---------- Post added 2012-06-28 at 06:31 PM ----------

No, no we are not. And therefore, I would not say that Shepard died in the Control ending, but that she instead, transcended humanity.
    Shepard says he/she did die. But in the process the new Shepard was born, as something more. I'm really glad they started dipping into those "classic" sci-fi themes with Mass Effect. Most people these days see sci-fi as little more than huge space battles and lots of lasers and explosions.

Haha, looking forward to that. Unfortunately my canon Shepard completed ME2 before Overlord came out, and it doesn't count if you do it after. And I'm only halfway through ME3 with my other near-complete playthrough.

Shepard says he/she did die. But in the process the new Shepard was born, as something more. I'm really glad they started dipping into those "classic" sci-fi themes with Mass Effect. Most people these days see sci-fi as little more than huge space battles and lots of lasers and explosions.
    Shepards ending in synthesis and control parallels what happens to Duncan Idaho at the end of the dune series. He becomes the shortening of the way between man and machine and is able to bridge the gap between both of them. It's great. I wish more developers did Sci fi gaming like that. Every game out these days feels like it has elves and vikings and warriors and mages, generic typical fantasy crap. Few people do any interesting SF. Mass effect and Deus Ex were the last two that really peaked my interest story wise.

Quote Originally Posted by TonyIommi View Post
    Shepards ending in synthesis and control parallels what happens to Duncan Idaho at the end of the dune series. He becomes the shortening of the way between man and machine and is able to bridge the gap between both of them. It's great. I wish more developers did Sci fi gaming like that. Every game out these days feels like it has elves and vikings and warriors and mages, generic typical fantasy crap. Few people do any interesting SF. Mass effect and Deus Ex were the last two that really peaked my interest story wise.
    Completely agreed. Too many developers are catering to the masses who want instant gratification and no more than that. I mean, there's nothing wrong with instant gratification. There just needs to be something to balance it out as well.

10+ Year Old Account

technically her body dies, but not so sure about her mind itself. Her rebirth is that ascension to her new . . . form.

And yes, I just default to "she" because my Shep was a femShep.
    Putin khuliyo

technically her body dies, but not so sure about her mind itself. Her rebirth is that ascension to her new . . . form.

And yes, I just default to "she" because my Shep was a femShep.
    Had a feeling. I usually just default to "he".

And the body does die. The being Shepard was before ceases to exist. The new Shepard is a completely new being, that just happens to have the old one's memories and morals.
    Last edited by Nerraw; 2012-06-28 at 04:49 PM.

Deleted
    Had a feeling. I usually just default to "he".
    * Shoots you for playing manshep

Deleted

You also meet his brother on the mission where you meet Jacob.

Quote Originally Posted by Yakobo15 View Post
    BroShep over FeShep any day.
    Come at me!

hey now, vikings are awesome.
    What game featured vikings lately? No, warriors doesnt count. Vikings are more than just warriors.
    I honestly mean it, what games? I want them.

Ah Deus Ex... bloody glorious game.
    Deus's endings were done properly, even if it was just a 3 choices with a Kill-Everything button on the side.
    Sounds familiar.
    Last edited by mmoce8c391acaa; 2012-06-28 at 04:52 PM.

Hey, my secondary canon-Shep is female.

Quote Originally Posted by razisgosu View Post
    Really disappointed there was no follow up on the Destroy endings "breathe" scene.
    How could they write anything that followed that, when it would require them to acknowledge Shepard being alive and on Earth?

I'm still convinced the Indoctrination theory is correct. The "new endings" don't change anything, they add a gloss and little else.

A shiny turd in your face is still a turd in your face.
    5800X | XFX 7900XTX | Prime X570 Pro | 32GB | 990Pro + SN850 2TB | Define 7

You also meet his brother on the mission where you meet Jacob.
    Yeah, but you do that either way. No idea what happens with Overlord done, but if you haven't done it he explains what Project Overlord was. And how they had to nuke the facility because they couldn't stop the hybrid-VI.

So from my reading of the BSN and various other sources related to the BW community my impression is that the community is split down the middle about the ending now after the EC. The question I have is was their anyway the people who were upset with the original endings would have been satisfied by anything other than a total redo?

Deleted
    Yeah, but you do that either way. No idea what happens with Overlord done, but if you haven't done it he explains what Project Overlord was. And how they had to nuke the facility because they couldn't stop the hybrid-VI.
    He apologises for having done that and Shepard ends it with "I wont even pretend it was good to see you."
    No idea what he says if you let Cerberus keep David.

So from my reading of the BSN and various other sources related to the BW community my impression is that the community is split down the middle about the ending now after the EC. The question I have is was their anyway the people who were upset with the original endings would have been satisfied by anything other than a total redo?
    Some would, some wouldnt.
    And some would prefer "the old way" because there are always some.

Probably not.

10+ Year Old Account
    Eh, I prefer playing the same gender that I am in ME. That's not to say that I don't roll female characters; I have a female Shepard, though I probably need to finish her play through in ME1 and go through ME2 to get to where I want for ME3.

This leads me to something I find absolutely amazing about the Mass Effect trilogy. I can't think of any other series that carried your decisions through all three installments the way that Mass Effect has. It's the only series that I can think of that makes me want to play from the first installment in order to get to what I want in the final one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Aw hell, I watch a clip from Dirty Harry and I immediately start thinking about Blasto. "This one forgets if it fired five thermal clips or six"
    Putin khuliyo

hey now, vikings are awesome.
    What game featured vikings lately? No, warriors doesnt count. Vikings are more than just warriors.
    I honestly mean it, what games? I want them.
    Skyrim. Great game don't get me wrong but now that sheps story in mass effect is done I'm not sure we'll see a SCI FI game on the quality of either skyrim or me.