The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Or it could be about a Mercenary. A member of a mercenary group (think Blue Suns, Eclipse). Not a recruit yet not a leader. And in the intro missions they encounter "something terrible", leader dies his second in command dies too, etc, and player has to take command of their ship at first to save it (field commission as captain in military terms), and then the leadership of the whole Mercenary Group. But not easily, the other members would want this position too so there will be hidden/open struggle for power along with the main plot.
    And it all takes place in the far future of course. It would be quite an opposite experience compared to Shepard's. Where Shepard just waltzed thru as Spectre or Alliance Commander, our mercenary will have to improvise as a criminal (according to the laws of several planets), a smuggler, a member of a rival mercenary group, etc
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

Honestly I would prefer it if ME4 is more about exploration. Thing is with the whole after reaper invasion WHERE do you go? What threats could possibly harm a reaper friendly galaxy? (assuming blue or green are cannon)

Imo, they should do ME4 as a sequel but set in another galaxy with a multi race crew a bit star trek voyager in that you're stranded there for what ever reason. With no other forces to help you, you explore this new place and forge alliances and fight off new enemies.

Using your ME3 save it will either have no geth(or geth and no quarians) no krogran, or it could have a few mixture of all of them etc. So depending on your actions in Me3 will determine what races could be in your starting crew.

I would have it set a few hundreds years after ME3 to make it reasonable to assume these races can all get along handy dandy.

Deleted
    Hey, how's everyone's week going so far? Any big plans for thurs/fri?

PatrickWeekes ‏@PatrickWeekes
    @GambleMike enh, I dunno, thought I'd hang out, see if anything interesting happened.

https://twitter.com/GambleMike/statu...34828575653889

OMG .... excitement level reaching critical spheres !! BRAIN OVERLOAD

Those dudes tend to be a bit sadistic so this could be just teasing and not even ME related but those 2 dudes are still working on ME3 !!

Will ME4 still be affected by all the choices you made in your last games? It seems like that would be to much to take into account now.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shop Ebay View Post
    Will ME4 still be affected by all the choices you made in your last games? It seems like that would be to much to take into account now.
    From the little they have said yes. But not to any great degree it would just be a few "background" stuff. That is if it takes place in the future or if it is current to games 1-3. It shouldn't be much because they really want to distance themselves from being a sequel and just be a continuation of the lore.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by Shop Ebay View Post
    Considering how much they've tried to make it clear that ME4 will be disconnected from the first three games, I would be kind of surprised if it was anything huge. And honestly, I think I would almost prefer if we weren't able to import saves from ME3 because I think that would stir up unrealistic expectations as to how much of an impact it would have on the universe. It would also be nice to have a new plot that's fresh and a clean slate.

Deleted
    1000 years after ME3, there is no reapers around, some people mention the reapers wars, nobody knows precisely how it ended because so many computers/data were lost during the dark ages following the war.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sekira View Post
    1000 years after ME3, there is no reapers around, some people mention the reapers wars, nobody knows precisely how it ended because so many computers/data were lost during the dark ages following the war.
    Yeah I would actually choose a post-destroy galaxy between 1000 and 1500 years after ME3 as the setting for the new ME game.

This way you could still have all known ME technology (relays and citadel should have been repaired by that time) but no mention of the current trilogy. I think it is important that the new game completely starts with a clean slate and not with Characters from the current trilogy showing up there (Liara, Grunt, any other major character) as that would actually be pretty bad.

I also would not allow any save-imports from ME3 in this case. They should totally start with a new story and new characters in the ME universe. No mention of Shepard, his crew, the Normandy and please NO LIARA as major playa !!

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm pretty sure Liara would SEE TO IT that no one forgets Shepard and what happened. After all Asari live for 1000 of years. She will witness the Rebuilding of the Galaxy and she will REMEMBER everything. She will have all the data in a computer somewhere.

So she won't be a playable character (she will be dead by the time) but we might see a holoimage of her and the other characters too along with some history lessons.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

Quote Originally Posted by ag666 View Post
    I'm pretty sure Liara would SEE TO IT that no one forgets Shepard and what happened. After all Asari live for 1000 of years. She will witness the Rebuilding of the Galaxy and she will REMEMBER everything. She will have all the data in a computer somewhere.

So she won't be a playable character (she will be dead by the time) but we might see a holoimage of her and the other characters too along with some history lessons.
    Why Just Liara?

People still remember major players from long ago, also he was earths greatest hero. No doubt I will see a HUGE shepard statue looking down upon me.

If ME4 is set _AFTER_ ME3 I would prefer it uses your last save but only to get certain data.

So it would either have the reapers as dead along with the geth via red ending, you could have a cured krogan being part of the galaxy if wrex was in charge with the female then you would see them being a part of the council otherwise if it was wreav you would have them being genophage mark 2'd!

You could have the rachni, being a part of the galaxy community as well etc depending on if you saved them or not. The geth could be apart of the galaxy along with the quarians or one or both races could be extinct.

its a lot of work though and you cant blame them for going one way about it. They might have gone with synthesis, but thats a load of balls in my eyes (hey lets force evolution on all of you!) i'd rather have a destroy ending but losing the geth was a harsh blow, but they could and should retcon in that it allowed the geth to live :P I wanted the reapers destroyed

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by khalltusk View Post
    Why Just Liara?
    She's the only Asari on the team who cares. And who will live for a 1000 years to SEE TO IT that Shepard doesn't turn into an old Myth. A statue alone can do exactly that - turn Shepard into a Jesus, who single-handedly bitch-slapped The Evil Reaper while wearing a blind fold.

10+ Year Old Account
    They do remember Shepard though. Don't you remember that annoying scene after the credits where the old stargazer is telling a child about the myth of The Shepard? And it's told in a way that it sounds like ancient history.
    Putin khuliyo

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    They do remember Shepard though. Don't you remember that annoying scene after the credits where the old stargazer is telling a child about the myth of The Shepard? And it's told in a way that it sounds like ancient history.
    Yeah, but since the story was the actual game content - it was pretty detailed and accurate, right? Not a myth. Liara did her job well

Quote Originally Posted by The Illusive Man View Post
    Hey, how's everyone's week going so far? Any big plans for thurs/fri?

PatrickWeekes ‏@PatrickWeekes
    @GambleMike enh, I dunno, thought I'd hang out, see if anything interesting happened.

https://twitter.com/GambleMike/statu...34828575653889

OMG .... excitement level reaching critical spheres !! BRAIN OVERLOAD

Those dudes tend to be a bit sadistic so this could be just teasing and not even ME related but those 2 dudes are still working on ME3 !!
    Dude, critical is the word. My life is boring as hell, and even this way I think this 60-years-old text-book old-school-marketing failure Gamble is using is way more boring than my day.

Your life must be in a critical point if you get so excited with this cheap, dusty marketing.

Either that or you're a hired "viral-marketer" for Bioware. For your own sake I hope you're the latter.

Be respectful of other posters, this is a friendly place. -Edge
    Last edited by Edge-; 2013-02-21 at 05:21 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm wondering what this DLC will be about, what could they make that would require all of the writers?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CrossNgen View Post
    I'm wondering what this DLC will be about, what could they make that would require all of the writers?
    It's a SP massive weapon pack, it's so massive they had to use all the writers to write the descriptions.

She's the only Asari on the team who cares. And who will live for a 1000 years to SEE TO IT that Shepard doesn't turn into an old Myth. A statue alone can do exactly that - turn Shepard into a Jesus, who single-handedly bitch-slapped The Evil Reaper while wearing a blind fold.
    The humans would ensure he is remembered. No chance they would let the galaxy forget who the greatest hero of all time was. /kayne west

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by khalltusk View Post
    The humans would ensure he is remembered. No chance they would let the galaxy forget who the greatest hero of all time was. /kayne west
    Humans have too short life span to keep it clean from distortion. Remember King Arthur? Magic sword? Merlin? Yeah, like it really happened.

Also similar topic was covered in Babylon 5's "The Deconstruction of Falling Stars" Episode.

Humans have too short life span to keep it clean from distortion. Remember King Arthur? Magic sword? Merlin? Yeah, like it really happened.

Also similar topic was covered in Babylon 5's "The Deconstruction of Falling Stars" Episode.
    Thats assuming people change those records, media manipulation etc. In shepards time he would certainly be remembered and the humans would not distort him to make him look a villain. With Sheridan he was viewed by some humans as a traitor due to them having a fear of aliens and going against his goverment. Sheps story is basically the human race sees him as the best they had to offer and the entire military loves him.

The record keeping they have there would ensure hes not distorted. Remember he is a spectre as well so the council will have information on him. Multiple sources and races would ensure he is remembered as is. Humanity is also on the council.

It is 100% different to babylon 5. In babylon humanity is very much divided over sheridan.

It's confirmed, stuff will be revealed today!

https://twitter.com/GambleMike/statu...25932793159680

---------- Post added 2013-02-21 at 05:34 PM ----------

Sort-of confirmation that we will get both SP and MP DLCs. Definite confirmation that these will be the last to the game.

https://twitter.com/GambleMike/statu...29203435917312

---------- Post added 2013-02-21 at 05:40 PM ----------

Official announcement!

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/20...gle-player-dlc

---------- Post added 2013-02-21 at 05:43 PM ----------

http://blog.bioware.com/2013/02/21/m...dlc-announced/