15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pateuvasiliu View Post
    All they need to do is canonize the Indoctrination Theory and do a Destroy in which the Geth and EDI don't die. Bam. 10/10.
    But if Indoctrination Theory is cannon then there wouldn't be a destroy ending. Because Shepard never would have destroyed the Reapers, and it would have been all in his head. Which means that the Alliance fleet would be destroyed as their only hope was Shepard activating the Crucible which can't happen under Indoctrination Theory.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by pateuvasiliu View Post
    Without listing them all, they fired at the ship Shepard was in. The only guy that can stop the reapers. They were willing to kill him if it meant getting their planet back, even if it would only be for a few years, after which the Reapers would kill them all.
    Unless of course Indoctrination Theory is true and then they were firing on Shepard because they knew he was indoctrinated and wouldn't be able to save them...
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

10+ Year Old Account

I honestly wonder if that happened.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post

I honestly wonder if that happened.
    We can rebuild him, we have the technology.

let just hope he doesn't look like renegade Shepard.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    But if Indoctrination Theory is cannon then there wouldn't be a destroy ending. Because Shepard never would have destroyed the Reapers, and it would have been all in his head. Which means that the Alliance fleet would be destroyed as their only hope was Shepard activating the Crucible which can't happen under Indoctrination Theory.
    Misconception. Indoctrination Theory doesn't really state what happens afterwards - just what happened. Bioware can go in multiple directions if they desire while still retaining those notions.

One main idea is that the Crucible is fired regardless, but Shepard never goes onto the Citadel and the Reapers allow it to dock so they can harness its power how they desired but they need the Catalyst to fire it, and that is not the Starchild or the Citadel - its Shepard, or another mighty individual with the willpower to direct it (or because of the Prothean data stored in Shepard's head being used to interface with some part that the Protheans added to complete it in their cycle, but never managed to use). Hense its all a constructed reality designed to break down Shepard's will and convince him/her to do what the Reapers desire - but outright telling Shepard it can't do what Shepard always believed it would do (destroy Reapers) can't be done since it would be good obvious. Instead its said that it can be done, but its not a good idea since it'll destroy the Geth, EDI, the Relays, etc too, and 'better' alternatives are then bigged up.

Ultimately, its Bioware's story. But it makes so much more sense viewing it that way.

- - - Updated - - -

Unless of course Indoctrination Theory is true and then they were firing on Shepard because they knew he was indoctrinated and wouldn't be able to save them...
    The Quarians? Now you're just being silly.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by smrund View Post

...Synthesis ending...

/vomit

I think we're supposed to feel revulsion on that ending, honestly. Because its not just organics and Geth who get changed. Reapers and their minions do as well. Meaning all those Cannibals and Banshees and Brutes are now all self-aware and 'alive'...

/vomit

Quote Originally Posted by smrund View Post

Scarry, glowing red pelvis...

Because we know how it ends, and we know how pointless this story is to the franchise. My example that could closely resemble this is Assassins creed 4. Well made game? Yes! Fun game? Yes! Good story? Not bad!

Now the issue with 4... we know how it ends... in fact we know exactly how it ends. This is especially true if you play AC3 where we learn that Haythem, the son of Edward the protagonist in AC4 knew his father.
    To make things worse, by the time I played AC4 I had already read Haytham's book ( forgot the name. Forsaken? ) in which it is revealed his father ( Edward ) is assassinated by some shady guys ( later revealed to be templars ). Haytham is taken under the wing of Reginald Birch ( A templar ) and is slowly indoctrinated into their organisation without knowing his father was assassinated because he was with the Assassins.

Poor Haytham was brainwashed from the start... such a good character. He should've killed Connor.

After Harbinger leaves thinking Shepard was broken, Shepard wakes up, runs to the beam and activates the crucible.

BOOM.

Reapers dead, everyone else alive.

Shepard's fate is irrelevant as he is not in ME4.

This is my view on ME4, though it's rough and written on the spot.

http://forum.bioware.com/topic/50641...mass-effect-4/

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Durandro View Post
    One main idea is that the Crucible is fired regardless, but Shepard never goes onto the Citadel and the Reapers allow it to dock so they can harness its power how they desired but they need the Catalyst to fire it, and that is not the Starchild or the Citadel - its Shepard, or another mighty individual with the willpower to direct it (or because of the Prothean data stored in Shepard's head being used to interface with some part that the Protheans added to complete it in their cycle, but never managed to use). Hense its all a constructed reality designed to break down Shepard's will and convince him/her to do what the Reapers desire - but outright telling Shepard it can't do what Shepard always believed it would do (destroy Reapers) can't be done since it would be good obvious. Instead its said that it can be done, but its not a good idea since it'll destroy the Geth, EDI, the Relays, etc too, and 'better' alternatives are then bigged up.
    Right but if he never went on the Citadel he couldn't be used to power the device even for the Reapers. Because if the Reapers can "focus" the citadel with Shepard as the catalyst with out him being on the Citadel then the IT doesn't work. Because if he is indoctrinated they don't need to wait until a failed assault on the beam, or even when he is on Earth. Also if it can work with another "powerful" individual then they wouldn't even need to indoctrinate Shepard in the first place and the Illusive Man would have sufficed as he is both powerful and imprinted with Prothean tech. But we know that the blueprints for the Crucible predate protheans so that likely has little to do with it as I doubt the Protheans modified it so just a specific thing can trigger it, or perhaps they did.

The Destroy ending targets Reaper Tech which Geth, EDI, and the Relays are built out of. It isn't a subjective weapon. It makes perfect sense that it would destroy anything built on Reaper Technology. Its a pulse of energy to do one thing. Destroy ending destroying EDI, the Geth, and the Relays isn't a point for Indoctrination theory because you just said Indoctrination theory could still destroy the Reapers like that even if Shepard was Indoctrinated....
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Right but if he never went on the Citadel he couldn't be used to power the device even for the Reapers.
    Why not? Its a code, after all. And they just need to break Shepard's will to access it. Think of it as a keylogging attack - it only works if the user is tricked into using their password.

Shepard isn't the power source anyway, the Crucible is (since its even outright stated that its little more then a massive reactor).

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Durandro View Post
    Why not? Its a code, after all. And they just need to break Shepard's will to access it. Think of it as a keylogging attack - it only works if the user is tricked into using their password.
    How do you propose Shepards essence be used in the power conduit if it isn't physically located on the citadel to be thrown into that power conduit? Its illogical that the Reapers would let the Crucible dock with the Citadel if they had Shepard Indoctrinated and would still fire the machine if he was indoctrinated.

They don't fire anything. If Shepard chooses COntrol/Synthesis then he was indoctrinated and he becomes a reaper pawn.

The Reapers win because no one accesses the Crucible and they harvest everything.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    Not sure how I should feel about this.
    But I agree:Shit.

I don't know, could be a good thing. Wasn't he the guy responsible for a lot of the PR-blunders?
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

PR blunders or not, this is the guy behind both Mass Effect and KOTOR.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    I'm ok with this.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gravath View Post
    I'm ok with this.
    Yup, it could do the company good getting new people into the position he had, though it could also make it worse.

The guy created Mass Effect.

I think he said in an interview '' I thought of this idea during a weekend. And I didn't hate it. ''

And that's how I met your Commander!

From my point of view, EA is to blame for everything and the guy was a saint.

But thing is, a few weeks ago they showed an ME4 video with him in it. Why did he quit and why so sudden?

I think he had an argument with someone else and I wonder what it was about.

10+ Year Old Account
    Good riddance to bad rubbish. He might have had a great starting idea but he had no direction to it and just started stacking plot hole on top of plot hole so he could, at the end, insert a self aggrandizing comment on how "video games shouldn't have to have video game endings" and instead should be considered art. In and of itself, not a bad stance to take, but used to defend that piece of illogical, contradictory crap? Guy was an ass, I look forward to his next game where he tells us all that forced assimilation is totally great you guys, because reasons.
    A smart man puts his money on the horse with the best odds...a wise man doesn't waste his money gambling on an outcome he has no control over.
    A blog thing for you! http://yetisteaparty.blogspot.co.uk
    A youtube thinghttp://www.youtube.com/user/Teroseth/

Well I'll always be grateful to him for making two of my all time favorite game series, KOTOR and Mass Effect.

Quote Originally Posted by Teroseth View Post
    Good riddance to bad rubbish. He might have had a great starting idea but he had no direction to it and just started stacking plot hole on top of plot hole so he could, at the end, insert a self aggrandizing comment on how "video games shouldn't have to have video game endings" and instead should be considered art. In and of itself, not a bad stance to take, but used to defend that piece of illogical, contradictory crap? Guy was an ass, I look forward to his next game where he tells us all that forced assimilation is totally great you guys, because reasons.
    What about KOTOR?

And you can't put ME3's ending on his arse. He wasn't alone in it.