Deleted
    So who got their panties in a twist over this?
    Quote Originally Posted by Gravath View Post
    You live in a poor country and haven't had much exposure to videogaming, oh how sorrowful.
    Taking offense at something so minor is baffling. Was it you May?

Let's not discuss moderation, thanks.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    Makes sense. The only way they could make a new game as epic as previous ones, without resorting to the old good "Everyone thought the evil has been truly defeated, but they were just the masters of the real enemy", would be exploring new Relays. They better have a good explanation on why those Relays haven't been accessed for the last billion of years though. Most likely the Reapers closed them for some reason, maybe fearing for themselves? I think it would be quite epic if those relays led to another Galaxy in which someone just as powerful resides.

Like in the Mistborn trilogy, where everyone thought that The Ruler was the ultimate dictator oppressing his people, while it turned out he did it only to protect them from the real enemy which was released after his death.
    Well I recall BW calling the new Mako an exploration vehicle rather than the tank we knew from ME1. It would make sense for the game to focus on new territory rather than the same old planets we visited in the past 3 games. I mean the galaxy is huge and the Council has banned opening new relays so who knows how many dormant relays are out there? It would also make sense plot-wise if the game is set after ME3 because a shit-ton of resouirces were used to build the Crucible and the war in general cost a lot of resources so it would make sense for the opening of new relays to find new planets to mine or new planets for colonies.

10+ Year Old Account
    That would make sense, it would also suit Biowares new aspiration to make single player mmo's very well adding a unhealthy dose of resource grinding.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by The Illusive Man View Post
    Well I recall BW calling the new Mako an exploration vehicle rather than the tank we knew from ME1.
    Fuck BioWare for trying to get rid of the Mako, that thing is a beast.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zealo View Post
    That would make sense, it would also suit Biowares new aspiration to make single player mmo's very well adding a unhealthy dose of resource grinding.
    It adds a dose of realism to the game. A war like that with the Reapers and everything can't go back to the way it was. You've tapped most existing mineral deposits and most actual infrastructure has been completely devastated. If anything, there will be a fledgling primary industry and secondary industry. As far as we know, Eezo isn't exactly common as well.

I still think we will open a relay we shouldn't have and find an empire who were exactly like the Protheans. Enslaving all the races they come across.

10+ Year Old Account
    I actually do not mind it if its done like in ME2, that post was a bit of a jab at ME1 planet exploration as well as the power system in use in DA:I and its side content.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zealo View Post
    I actually do not mind it if its done like in ME2, that post was a bit of a jab at ME1 planet exploration as well as the power system in use in DA:I and its side content.
    To be fair, ME1 planet exploration was fun (Nodacrux withstanding). DA:I does feel like why I am here with every non main quest zone.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nazrark View Post
    I still think we will open a relay we shouldn't have and find an empire who were exactly like the Protheans. Enslaving all the races they come across.
    Would be nice if it finished like Saints Row 4.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nazrark View Post
    It adds a dose of realism to the game. A war like that with the Reapers and everything can't go back to the way it was. You've tapped most existing mineral deposits and most actual infrastructure has been completely devastated. If anything, there will be a fledgling primary industry and secondary industry. As far as we know, Eezo isn't exactly common as well.

Thats why I think that a post-destruction setting would fit best for ME4. I mean after ME3 most of the Homeworlds are in ruins and the Citadel has been torn apart so the galaxy is without capital and without council. Obviously the biggest priority is to find new and untapped mining worlds in order to gather all those needed resources to rebuild everything because the Reaper war and the Crucible has drained the resources and the Reapers had the priority to destroy most of the infrastructure first.

I think that its pretty likely that this will cause another exploration boom like we had with the gold boom. This will undoubtedly cause problems because opening dormant relays caused the Rachni war and this war almost destroyed the council races if it weren't for the Krogan so it is pretty likely that opening dormant relays could cause us to find another of those races. I mean wouldn't it be a twist if there were dormant relays because the Reapers themselves disabled them in order to prevent a very powerful race to threaten them? Like if there is a race out there that frightened the Reapers and we happen to open that relay?

I could totally image a super advanced and powerful race that frightened the Reapers and thus they disabled all relays leading to their part of the galaxy and now we happen to open those relays and this leads to another galaxy wide threat.

I had forgotten about the whole "forbidden relays". A post-ME3 setting would be the perfect excuse to lift these bans, and it resonates pretty well with what the developers have been saying about ME4 being focused on exploration.

This pleases me.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

Deleted
    Another idea for ME4 would be to play as a human around the first contact war and experience the tensions between humans, turians and maybe batarians.

Would be fun if the main enemy in a Bioware game for once wasn't some immortal god but just a rival nation.

Deleted
    Fuck that, it's too small. Let some shooter deal with that.

Quote Originally Posted by blodkorven View Post
    Another idea for ME4 would be to play as a human around the first contact war and experience the tensions between humans, turians and maybe batarians.

Would be fun if the main enemy in a Bioware game for once wasn't some immortal god but just a rival nation.
    We already know how that ended. It would feel really weird as you can't change the way the ''war'' ends.

I fear they'll screw us over somehow. What I'd want is for them to go for Destruction without the Geth disappearing i.e. the beam only kills Reapers. That would be just fine as far as I'm concerned.

And they can go from there.

Deleted
    But still keep the option to wipe out the Geth if you want to.

Quote Originally Posted by Gravath View Post
    But still keep the option to wipe out the Geth if you want to.
    N-no.

It makes no sense the beam would destroy all technology. It should just fuck up the Reapers man.

They should make Synthesis canonical and the game should be one massive, circular dialogue tree that explores what the hell the difference is between synthetic and organic life.

I played ME3 the other day with the happy ending mod.

As far as I'm concerned that mod is cannon. I want nothing to do with the normal ending ever again. But this mod has singlehandedly redeemed the series in my eyes.
    Dragonflight Summary, "Because friendship is magic"

Quote Originally Posted by prwraith View Post
    I played ME3 the other day with the happy ending mod.

As far as I'm concerned that mod is cannon. I want nothing to do with the normal ending ever again. But this mod has singlehandedly redeemed the series in my eyes.
    This one?

Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    Lol !

But no, the one that cuts the entire plot loophole to hell section of the star child.
    Dragonflight Summary, "Because friendship is magic"