[Megathread] Mass Effect 3

Just a reminder, a lot of people haven't used spoiler tags so read at your own risk. ~Myrrar

Megathread time! ME3 comes out in about a month, so I figured now would be a good time to make a general discussion thread for it. Here's some informational links.
    General information
    http://masseffect.wikia.com/wiki/Mass_Effect_3
    List of powers
    http://masseffect.wikia.com/wiki/Pow...ss_Effect_3%29
    Explanation of Galaxy At War.
    http://masseffect.wikia.com/wiki/Mas..._Galaxy_at_War
    Multiplayer explained.
    http://masseffect.wikia.com/wiki/Mas..._3_Multiplayer
    Save file transfer. This will give you an idea of what you get in ME3 for playing ME1 and 2.
    http://masseffect.wikia.com/wiki/Sav..._Mass_Effect_3
    Youtube channel with ME3 gameplay videos.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/iGetsLucky

Personally, I can't wait for the game. Anyone else been playing Paragon just to be able to rub it in the original Council's faces that the Reapers are real? Game comes out March 6 in the US, and March 9 in EU. The demo comes out on Valentine's Day.
    Last edited by Myrrar; 2012-03-11 at 12:28 AM.

Thank you for this. I've been lurking here a couple of days waiting for this thread to pop up.

Pit Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Oh jesus, I need to finish some of these other games before this hits...
    ^ The above should be taken with two grains of salt and a fistful of "chill the F* out".

There are a few leaked gameplay videos from the (closed?) beta on youtube, in case that's stuff you'd like to add to this thread. If it is, and you can't find it, I'll go find those links again. But in case it's stuff you don't want in this thread, I won't link them here.

Quote Originally Posted by Raphtheone View Post
    There are a few leaked gameplay videos from the (closed?) beta on youtube, in case that's stuff you'd like to add to this thread. If it is, and you can't find it, I'll go find those links again. But in case it's stuff you don't want in this thread, I won't link them here.
    If you can find the links I'll be happy to add them to the OP. I'd look for them, but I'm trying to remain spoiler free-ish myself. I don't mind adding spoilers to the thread though, as long as people don't have to see them. There are already plenty of spoilers in the wiki pages I linked.

This is one of quite a few channels with LEAKED (as in, not allowed) ME3 content. I'm unsure if this is against any type of rule on MMO-C, if so, please just edit that link out or something. As I see it, it's a spolier. If it was illegal, it would have been taken down (that channel has content from November, so it's quite old).

Any information you can find is based on unfinished content. I've yet to see a clip of ME3 that doesn't have bugs so obvious it's hilarious. Have this in mind if you feel it might spoil your experience playing the actual game. Whole scenes without textures missing, NPC's freezed in messed up possitions and situations, lips not moving while talking, no sounds from random sources (like weapons, hearing only one person speaking in the background in an obvious dialogue, etc etc), the list goes on.

It is however a great source if you can treat unfinished material for what it is, and/or have specific questions you'd like answered before buying the game, whatever they might be. It shouldn't have to be said that leaked information on an unfinished product doesn't properly reflect the actual finished product.

Comes out a few days before my birthday so i'm excited. I can't wait to recruit more people on my team

This is one of quite a few channels with LEAKED (as in, not allowed) ME3 content. I'm unsure if this is against any type of rule on MMO-C, if so, please just edit that link out or something. As I see it, it's a spolier. If it was illegal, it would have been taken down (that channel has content from November, so it's quite old).

Any information you can find is based on unfinished content. I've yet to see a clip of ME3 that doesn't have bugs so obvious it's hilarious. Have this in mind if you feel it might spoil your experience playing the actual game. Whole scenes without textures missing, NPC's freezed in messed up possitions and situations, lips not moving while talking, no sounds from random sources (like weapons, hearing only one person speaking in the background in an obvious dialogue, etc etc), the list goes on.

It is however a great source if you can treat unfinished material for what it is, and/or have specific questions you'd like answered before buying the game, whatever they might be. It shouldn't have to be said that leaked information on an unfinished product doesn't properly reflect the actual finished product.
    I'll put it up for now, if a mod wants to remove it they can. I think it's okay though, I mean, it was in magazines like Gameinformer.

you should add to the op that the demo is set for valentine's day

15+ Year Old Account
    Main reason I love the Mass Effect series was exploring other planets, I hope that's back.

Deleted
    i'm currently playing through the first 2 games as a complete and utter paragon, with the intent of having the best possible starting position.

things i've done in ME1 : saved the council, saved the Rachni queen, didn't kill Wrex, Let Ashley die, put anderson on the council,... I've done everything i could to make sure that ME3 can be won.

10+ Year Old Account
    I found the first two games to be quite decent, but for some reason I have absolutely no interest in this one whatsoever. I don't even know why :/

It might be good to include the pre-order deal. Since it's released early march, many are probably waiting for their salary that comes end-february to pre-order (at least I'm one of them). Mainly waiting in case they add/remove anything from the pre-order package.

http://masseffect.bioware.com/me3/game/

edit:
    Particularly the part that it ends march 5th, the day before the launch.
    Last edited by Raphtheone; 2012-02-02 at 03:40 PM.

Is anyone else playing ME1 to ME2 all over again to have a complete Mass Effect experience?

I just started a renegade engineer fem Shep who is a douche to everyone!

Quote Originally Posted by Dupin View Post
    Is anyone else playing ME1 to ME2 all over again to have a complete Mass Effect experience?
    You're not a real ME gamer if you aren't. I sure am. I did the same in before ME2, and now any real gamer will want a perfect save to port to ME3, if they haven't done one already.

Looks amazing but i still can't get my head around the "Galaxy At War" system.

10+ Year Old Account
    Valentines day demo is coming out.

15+ Year Old Account
    You're not a real ME gamer if you aren't. I sure am. I did the same in before ME2, and now any real gamer will want a perfect save to port to ME3, if they haven't done one already.
    Just finished ME1 again. Starting ME2 tomorrow. Also downloaded the missing pieces of DLC for it.

I'm trying to get the best possible ending.

Figured I'd bump the thread with a bit of discussion since it's been a few days since there was a post, and I want to keep it around for the actual release of the game. *SPOILERS FOR THE END OF ME2!*

Concerning lore, do Geth keep a video recording of all their combat? If they do, and assuming Legion survives the suicide mission, wouldn't that have been sufficient evidence to prove the existence of the Reapers? You know, before they attack Earth. Legion should have recordings of Harbinger possessing Collectors, and possibly even footage of the battle against the Human Reaper Larvae. Could be kind of interesting if that's used in ME3, as somehow, I get the feeling that the Council still won't believe you about the Reapers, even after Earth gets attacked.

I don't think anyone does any video recordings whatsoever, but I'm not a lore freak. I don't get how Shepard doesn't have a cam in the visor/helmet anywhere (s)he goes, given the mistrust (s)he faced from the council at the start of ME1. It would only be logical to strap a cam to the head when you're hunting for the proof the Council dismisses as fairytales, or in some sense record what you encounter. How else to prove them wrong, short of getting invaded?

EDI tags along anywhere you go, she keeps sensory data, or at least ought to. EDI should have sensor data on the larvae, or at the very least the base that houses it (which should prove Reaper technology). I can't fathom the Shadow Broker not having intel on the Reaper activity as well, which would be another source other than Shepard to prove the presence of Reapers.

But as far as I understand, the game is all about war on a galactic scale, where everyone talks about it, no matter what planet you're on. So it would seem that people have accepted the invasion, question is, do they still think it's Geth, or have they (finally) accepted that it's Reapers?

Speaking of Legion, I saw this awesome vid. While the rest of us are preparing for ME3 by making the best possible save to import, this guy decided to make the absolutely worst possible save imaginable. It's evident he put a lot of thought into it, and at the very least, it'll make you think. He had some interesting questions regarding various actions.

Mass Effect 3 - Worst Playthrough Trailer (ft. Blonde Shepard)

Or, if you prefer, just click play:

Last edited by Raphtheone; 2012-02-06 at 05:44 PM.