Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    We wiped on Yor'sahj forever. They increased the explosion damage by purple and our previous kills were based on blowing up the tank at a certain point. That became impossible. We essentially had to have our healers re-progress on it. That said, we killed it a minute faster than before (just past 6 minutes) when we finally got the strategy down. I expect Zonozz to be a walk in the park, we were a little ahead of enrage now it should be even easier. We didn't have H Hagara down but we were close, I'm assuming the nerf will push us over that edge as well.

10 man normal. No difference really 5% isn't huge. I could go check logs but I would bet my hps fluctuates +/-5% from week to week.

On 10 hc the bosses where it felt most noticable were Ultraxion and Yor'sahj simply due to kill times being quite a lot faster. But tbh on the first 5 bosses dps and healing wasn't really a problem for us before the nerf, and it isn't after the nerf. If people fail on tactics/positioning you can/will still wipe, just as before the nerf. 5% isn't enough to change that in most case. For example a melee clipped the ball on Zon'ozz when it was suposed to hit the boss, still killed him (and us considdering the ranged were already gone to other positions by then).

On Blackhorn Hc the difference was more important for us, while we had the dps to do p1 before the nerf as well it was kinda close and hectic sometimes. Now even after the 2nd wave we stand around for a few seconds as we only had after the first wave pre-nerf.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kazlehoff View Post
    Nothing says it will go to 10% next month. blizzard stated they are going to activly be watching the buff and only put it up when it needs to be put up.
    Well lets think logically here. 5% isn't going to be the make-or-break with casual guilds progressing at the rate they want them to.

It's safe to assume we'll see at least 15%. Consider FL had an almost flat 20% nerf.
    Lained - 60 Shaman | Lainedtv - 60 Druid | Lainedz - 60 Paladin

Morchok is definitely easier to deal with, from what I've experienced. We didn't even have our main off-tank and we one-shot him - albeit, sloppily - but the fact that's even possible to do now is definitely noticeable.

Firelands nerf wouldn't have been bad, if it hadn't been slapped on all at once like it was.

there wouldn't be nearly as much QQ about firelands if they had done a slow nerf to it like they told everyone they were planning to.

i don't think we will see the 5% go up for at least 5 weeks.

/getsbackontopic
    Till water is gone, Till shade is gone. Into the shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath. To spit in Sightblinders eye on the last day.

We were trying to get new people geared from the early bosses which slowed us down a lot. After 2 healing the ship we were pretty much out of time so gave spine 1 attempt without bothering to swap in a 3rd healer. We made it to the 3rd plate which we wouldn't have managed last week. The nerfs didn't allow us to 2 heal it, but I think if we kept going we could have got it down. Although for a while I think we are going to keep to 3 healers.

I think the biggest difference is if people were having difficulty due to enrages they may be able to drop a healer.

5/8 HC 25 m prenerf 5/8HC after 3h + 1h progress on Warmaster.

Deleted
    25hc.

3/8hc before the nerfs
    4/8hc Yor'sahj added after tonight.

6/8H before nerf, 7/8 now. Killed spine tonight. We'd spent maybe 100 tries or so prenerf and could make it to third tendon on a semi-regular basis, nerf made it sooooo much easier to control bloods during fifth & sixth amalgamations because we knew we didn't have to squeeze every dps we could onto the tendon. The 15% combined with the 5% was a little bit over the top I think, but I don't really complain since this boss was the worst so far in Cataclysm and I am glad to be done with it.

10+ Year Old Account
    It seemed like much more than a 5% nerf to us. There was so much less healing required on fights on Zon'ozz and Ultraxion and we were killing fights faster than before with a dps dead for half of the fight.

As with most nerfs, I'm a little upset. Whatever though. At least it wasn't a blanket 30% nerf like firelands.

Deleted
    10man hc - 7/8 hc prenerf

Moch - The double Stomp dmg is ignorable

Yorsahj - A complete joke now, No need to use any CDs on any combination

Warlord - Void Ball now hits for nothing it seems even on the 9th bounce

Hagara - Icelance is easier which is good coz it was kinda annoying on 10man hc. We got it to 3% after 2 Special phases (aimed to kill it before 3rd coz of nerf but failed )

Ultrax - .... Was already Very easy

Warmaster - The 5% has made quite abit of diff for the Tank healing in P2, the Spikes are obviously easier to handle.

Spine - Well It was only our 2nd kill 2night and it was just a walk over. Warmaster is now much harder than Spine.

Madness HC - With the 5% HP Nerf our DPS was actually to high and we were standing around waiting for Debuffs/Tentacles to Spawn.....

All in all The debuffs have changed it from a 4hr 7/8hc clear to a 2hr 7/8 clear. Even with stupied mistakes u can easily recover.

Deleted
    25 man heroic raider 8/8 prenerf (killed madness last thursday)

What I noticed is that people tend to slack off after progression raids are over and nerfs are implented :P but that aside:

*at ultraxion our health never dropped really low, healers had a much easier job thanks to the nerf.

*Where morchock's stomp combined with an exploding orb could be a bit tedious to heal, now it's not that much of a danger anymore.

*Yorsasj's blobs die faster, little adds die faster, boss dies faster. This boss was nerfed once before already, enough said :P

*Hagara is probably the only one where the nerf didn't have that much impact, felt roughly the same for me.

*Zonozz not that much of an impact aside from the tentacle thingies dying faster which makes those phases less stressfull.

*At Warmaster I definately noticed the nerf. Boat is about killing things in the right order at the right times, and 5% less on everything makes that easier.

*Spine got nerfed the most, with 20% less tendon dmg needed you don't need to line up everything perfectly for the tendon anymore, which gives alot more opportunity to get everything else right like dmg on amalgations. We took 1 extra healer this week and we still had more than enough dps for everything in that fight.

*We called it a night after spine so no info on madness yet.

Remember its 5% off every add and boss HP and Damage

fights with adds will be more affected than fights without..
    and ultraxion will be wierd too... cause his damage will ramp slower, and his damage wont get as high because of him dying sooner.

And spine got a seprate 15% nerf in heroic. keep that in mind before posting about spine.
    Till water is gone, Till shade is gone. Into the shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath. To spit in Sightblinders eye on the last day.

Quote Originally Posted by Irisel View Post
    I hope doesn't stack each WEEK, but each month seems a little far in between, considering Cata is supposed to end faster than Wrath/ICC did.
    What did the ICC buff get up to, 25%? So if it was once a month it'd be 4 months until it maxed out. I seriously doubt MoP will launch in less than 4 months.

Probably the nerf won't even need to go that high. They're monitoring how many people clear HMs and base it off that. Apart from Spine DS really isn't chronically overtuned (and Spine is nerfed hard now), and the mechanics aren't that difficult to execute.

10+ Year Old Account
    10 man Heroic Yor'Sahj ended about 45 seconds earlier and we only had to put our ranged Dps on the globs to take them down. Morchok felt the same as last week, just ~30 seconds shorter. Zonozz adds seemed to die a little quicker and made that fight noticeably easier. Hagara feels the same. Ultraxion got way easier IMO. Been working on gunship for two weeks haven't tried it out fully with the nerfs yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Proberly View Post
    Oh would you now? It truly is amazing how many heroic people we have wasting their time on internet.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    What did the ICC buff get up to, 25%? So if it was once a month it'd be 4 months until it maxed out. I seriously doubt MoP will launch in less than 4 months.
    If I remember right it went to 30%, started in Late Marchat 5% and last batch was applied in July.

For us, 5% might be a good spot. We weren't making much progress on Yor or Ultraxion. Last night was just one of those nights, were we couldn't get anythign right and still did well on Yor. So assuming we don't have a night of 2 left feet, we're expecting to get at least Yor and Ultraxion down. We're a 25man that's had to break into 2 tens. Sadly team 2 still got stuck on Warmaster, so 5% wasn't enough to make up for poor play there.
    Last edited by Mad_Murdock; 2012-02-02 at 12:18 AM.

Yes and no.

for an example, on madness, DW got a 5% nerf, but so did all his adds and stuff. so the collective difference will add up to more than 5%.

Actually, I think I would call that a resounding no based on his explanation of it, and not just because of fights with adds. It doesn't just make it to where you have to deal 5% less damage, because the nerf also affected damage done. Assuming long or no berserk timers on certain fights, this makes it to where your healers can sustain dps for longer durations. Things that were once 1shots potentially will be healable now. I'd give most fights almost a 10% margin of error based on where your guild was previously. At higher nerf levels (20-30%) things that require 3 healers now will likely be able to be killed with only 2 healers, meaning the fight might be finished far quicker than 20%(or 30) faster, if you see where I'm going with this.

Remember its 5% off every add and boss HP and Damage

fights with adds will be more affected than fights without..
    and ultraxion will be wierd too... cause his damage will ramp slower, and his damage wont get as high because of him dying sooner.

And spine got a seprate 15% nerf in heroic. keep that in mind before posting about spine.
    If you have to kill adds and a boss and everything got a 5% health nerf or if you only have to kill a boss and it has a 5% health nerf, the total amount of damage needed for both fights is 5% less.

3/8h pre-nerf, 4/8 post adding Ultraxion. We hadn't attempted him before the 5% nerf so it's hard to say how big of a help it was. It was a very easy fight though with the nerf, second attempt was like 9% then after a couple cheesy wipes it was down with about 5 total tries.

Zon'ozz dropped noticeably faster for our first 1-shot on him, but we also acquired large dps gear upgrades the previous week including dagger upgrades for our rogue. Yor'sahj I didn't notice any difference, and Morchok..yea.
    Last edited by Dhurn; 2012-02-02 at 12:37 AM.