Is this normal temp?

Been noticing that my PC tends to get a bit warmer than before when I put my hands on the case.

I checked the temperature in idle and it's about 37°C, when I playing games or doing some demanding stuff it usually goes to max of 52°C. It's a i5 2500k with the boxed cooler.

Is this normal or should I consider cleaning the fans etc.?
    I'm not the Devil. I'm much, much older. I watched the Beginning and I will see the End. I am the dark behind the stars. I am the dark inside you all.

10+ Year Old Account
    70 is when you start worrying, 80 is when you should close the game/application. 90 is when you should start looking for a new cooling method.
    There are no bathrooms, only Zuul.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Always keep the fans clean. I clean out my PC every 3 months or so, tends to get pretty dusty. However 52c on load is more than OK that is doing great. Only need to worry when you start hitting the 90c mark for the Sandybridge chips.

Quote Originally Posted by ImpTaimer View Post
    70 is when you start worrying, 80 is when you should close the game/application. 90 is when you should start looking for a new cooling method.
    Nonsense, that's all going to depend on what hardware you have, they can all sustain high temperatures (heck, my gpu ran at 90-100 degrees for a year until I fixed it, and it's miraculously still working. I don't recommend it though, if not to save your hardware, then at least to save you the headache of a fan going crazy).

Anyway, your temps are fine. Worry at around 90.