Deleted

Have... Have we met?

Hey all, I'm curious about this achievment. My progress on this really.. annoying achievment is 5/6. I'm missing Chromie. The reason I'm creating this thread is because I'm wondering how you can acually get her to pop up.

Is it just pure luck?
    Can you retake the quest and a new NPC will appear?

Total RNG. Make a macro to /target Chromie and hope that other peoplea re in the area questing.
    No you can't get a new npc if you abandon / retake the quest. You get the same one.
    Kiss my waggle

Ask guildies b4 raid, Mass-summon, and enjoy a higher chance of someone getting it. I wouldn't want to be in your shoes now that so few are doing dailies..

Deleted
    Ya it'll only get harder and harder.

If you don't get a named character (happens sometimes) you can retake the quest until you get a named helper (but you cannot change after getting a named one).

Other than that the guild summon before a raid is a good idea.

10+ Year Old Account
    I just periodically logged on in the daily area and spammed the macro that only /emotes if it finds the proper target.

Pick up the quest, go to the area, if you don't get the guys you want then abandon, go back, and try again. It shouldn't take too long.

You can try add Chromie to NPCscan list and just wait in the questing area. Make sure you have not cached it before if you use NPCscan.

Thassarian is giving me troubles at the moment. Apparently he only spawns for Alliance, and I am horde so guildies can't help me. I have been camping at the Roost for about 3 days with him on NPC scan, and nothing so far. I just need him for the title achievement, and I am done. This is so irritating having to wait like this...
    Also, how do I tell if an NPC is cached? Or how do I uncache it?
    I don't really even know what that means.

Deleted
    To clear your npc cache do this,

Go into your WoW folder
    Click Cache
    Click wdb
    Click engb
    right click npccache.wdb and delete it

That worked for me, good luck, it was a horrible ach to complete even when people were doing the daily's,

Also add Chromies cache number into NPC scan. It is 52265, she should be auto targeted if she is near you with this add on.

Oooh edit, I noticed you needed a different NPC.

These are the NPC scan numbers for all the NPC's for this ach,

Linken - 52233
    Nat Pagle - 52244
    Mankrik - 52238
    Hemet Nesingwary - 52261
    Chromie - 52265
    Thassarian - 53427
    Last edited by mmoc42e5783aa1; 2012-02-04 at 01:12 PM.

Deleted
    sdasdasdasdasdasda

Thassarian only spawns for Alliance?? Oh crap . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevoman View Post
    I love these changes. Maybe it's because I've always valued utility and teamwork over my personal meter whoring, but the ability to pop Heart and step in for a dead healer/tank for 45s to save the day is Druidism at its finest IMO.
    Quote Originally Posted by DoubleDragon
    Technically dragon eating human is not cannibalism. It is misfortunate inconvinience.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sapho View Post
    Thassarian only spawns for Alliance?? Oh crap . . .

and only Horde can get Mankirk to spawn.
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

pretty sure mankrik shows up for both factions

10+ Year Old Account
    I didn't have too much trouble with this achievement, I just made a macro covering all of the NPCs and deleted names as I got them. However, I did it shortly after that content became available. I'd have to guess it's tougher now that there aren't so many people doing it anymore.

offtopic
    Somehow I had to think of How I met your mother.. Haaaave you met Ted?