Heroic Hagara - Need help

Our 10m guild has been 4/8HM for 2 weeks now, not really giving HM Hagara any real serious attempts until last night. We seem to have the lightning and frost phases down now, but we're having random deaths in the normal phase. Our priest is constantly dying to shattered ice even when he only has 3 stacks of ice lance.

Our comp is as follows:

Feral tank

Holy paladin
    Disc priest
    Resto shaman

Ret paladin
    Arms warrior
    Combat/sub rogue

Destro lock
    Fire Mage
    SV hunter (me)

Sadly I don't have logs as my log seemed to have stopped recording after Heroic Yor'sahj last night.

After the first lightning/frost phase we seem to have trouble picking up the ice lances properly. We're also using a strat where our holy paladin taunts for focused Assault, but we just seem to be dying to ice lances/shattered ice.
    Last edited by Sharissa; 2012-02-02 at 01:11 AM.

Deleted
    Good tip I can give is, hagara has a 90% chance of casting shattered ice in front of her, or to her sides.
    Let people taking the ice lances stand behind her.
    Tank has to reposition itself a few times to make that happen.

10+ Year Old Account
    as far as i know smoke bomb still works on ice lances, if you aren't already using this, it might help. we haven't killed this boss yet either, but we have everyone stack up in melee range and smoke bomb helps reduce some of the damage.

i've been one shot by shattered ice as well though, with only 3 stacks. sucks.
    i do not spew profanities. i enunciate them clearly, like a fucking lady.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...%A8lh%C3%A8im/

only downed her twice, but we struggled mostly with random deaths in normal phase aswell.

What we do is have the tank tank hagara on the side of the platform, sometimes he must stand as far back on the ledge as possible depeding on icelance spawns... this is too prevent anyone except the tank from getting hit from shattered ice(i think it hits 180 degrees in front of hagara.), wich also means you can take more stacks soaking if you would like.. usually we have teams of 2 switching every 4 stacks or so.

We also taunt focuses with a paladin(me), i do 1-2, and next phase 1 and 3 too make sure she doesnt get taunt immune due too DR.

Some classes can also solo soak lances if you make sure shattered ice is not hitting them.

Hope thats of any help, good luck!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharissa View Post
    but we just seem to be dying to ice lances/shattered ice.
    Grounding Totem - problem solved

For the lances, you're just gonna have to get more practice on it and play better. There is no magic way of doing them that I know of, ranged and healers just gotta be good at absorbing 3-4 stacks and then moving out of the line of fire before damage ramps up. Healers can't be too stingy with mana here, and Aura Mastery, PW:Barrier and SLT are all quite useful for mitigating damage when the ice tombs are coming up.

Remember those ice lances have a 5 yards splash as well, don't stand near people who are being hit by one (very important for melee). Use the Grounding Totem to eliminate Shattered Ice and then just practice until you can heal through the lances and tombs.

Need more info:
    Where are you tanking Hagara during the normal phase?
    Are you healing through focused assault or are you using methods to avoid it?

Quote Originally Posted by apinksquash View Post
    Need more info:
    Where are you tanking Hagara during the normal phase?
    Are you healing through focused assault or are you using methods to avoid it?
    He's being tanked near the edge. We sometimes heal through, sometimes have our holy paly taunt.

I think our shaman was using grounding totem sometimes... will it be up for every one?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharissa View Post
    He's being tanked near the edge. We sometimes heal through, sometimes have our holy paly taunt.

I think our shaman was using grounding totem sometimes... will it be up for every one?
    Should be, but I'm not sure. If it isn't then stay behind Hagara and you're a lot less likely to be 1 shot.