Heroic Ultraxion Help

Hello our guild has decided to go for heroic ultraxion. We were surprised to see all our DPS drop by at least 4k. Im coming here asking or suggestions on how to improve our raid comp while maximizing dps output. We have a slight dilemma atm.

our comp is:
    Tanks - Feral bear, Prot pally

DPS -

Survival/BM Hunter(Me)
    Fury Warrior
    Spriest
    Demo lock
    Fire/Arcane Mage
    Elemental/ Enhancement shaman

Healers - Resto druid and Disc priest ( shaman is 3rd healer)

With our comp, we lack the 4% physical dmg debuff unless i provide it via my Ravager pet. As beast mastery using a ravager is a signifcant dps loss. (almost 2k) where as lacking the debuff is a personal 1k dpsloss. In survival, its a dps increase to use my ravager. But, the issue is really based in the fact that our mage needs to be fire to soak the Hour of Twilight with me every 3rd time (via Cauterize). is there a way to enable our mage to play arcane with the raid comp i have provided.

Thanks in advance.

PS: here is our world of logs. we only parsed 5 because we forgot. (only hav 5 attemtps on there since we had a late start due to patching and a family emergency

www . worldoflogs . com / reports / rt-u18xll9dqj87ynma /sum / damageDone / ?s=2071&e=2338 (obviously remove the spaces, i cant post links yet =[ )
    Last edited by Thebeest; 2012-02-02 at 01:36 AM.

Deleted
    Tell your paladin to use his raid wall and hand of sacrifice on the mage and he'll most likely survive as arcane. Haven't tried with that setup though so I'm not 100% sure

we useing hand of sacrifice on our warrior.... If our shaman went enhancement and used Shamanistic rage and we saved raid wall for that? do you think that would be viable?

Deleted
    A viable way to do HoT with an arc mage would be:

3rd HoT: Druid (HoS and Barkskin) and Lock (Pain Supression and Soul Link) along with an overall raid wall for them
    6th HoT: Warrior (HoS and Shield Wall) and Mage (Ice Block)

The reason being that Shield Wall and Ice Block are only up once per fight so they can take the later HoT when there's more damage. A Druid+Lock might have relatively weak cooldowns but with the help of pain suppression and raid wall they can soak the easier HoT. Obviously the other 4 spots in the rotation are hunter, spriest and tanks.

Your warrior could go arms... It is afterall among the best dps specs atm while fury is on the other end. You have the 5% crit from feral anyway. Ultraxion is also a very good fight for arms.

Use both tanks, hunter and spriest to soak every third. Use fury war, mage, restodruid and disc or almost anyone else with cds for the rest (hand of sac, i eblock, shieldwall, bear, frenzied, barkskin, painsup, raid cds such as raid wall, barrier).

Anyone can soak with the right cd usage.

You don't want to be wasting raid walls on the last hours, though, due to wanting them for the burn.

As mentioned earlier, your best bet is to have your warrior go arms; your feral druid brings crit, and arms brings both much higher dps than fury along with 4% physical damage.

Arcane mages have 0 damage reduction cooldowns, you dont want them soaking at all. Fire is fine, it also does more DPS than arcane and if you're comfortable playing BM thats probably the better way to go than survival for the buff. If you're pulling 220-230k raid dps(which you probably are if you're close to the enrage but not beating it) 3% damage is a solid 8k dps gain for the raid, so its worth it. Without your Fire Mage, you'd have to blow raid walls to keep people alive; if you're really pushing the enrage as close as you are, you really want as much raid walls as possible to stay alive as long as possible in the 5 minute burn.

Basically, the best way to improve your DPS I see is just have your warrior go arms, better buffs+better spec, if your warrior is decent that should be another overall 5k+ dps gain(several thousand from the 4% physical damage buff for tanks+war+hunter and several thousand from arms > fury).

We have tried having our warrior as arms, but it seems that his dps is no where near what it should be after 2 -3weeks of practice/raiding. I think that there is something to do with latency? I heard that with anything over 60MS stance-dancing can be a significant dps loss...

You can still easily stance dance with over 60ms, I do it with 100-150 each night and break 40k on Ultraxion. Your warrior needs to work on his macros or priorities if he can't do good DPS as arms. Even without stance dancing he would be much higher than fury.

Quote Originally Posted by Sadinar View Post
    Arcane mages have 0 damage reduction cooldowns, you dont want them soaking at all.
    I guess you are sort of right that they dont have a proper damage reduction cooldown, but they have a damage immunity cooldown. Ofcourse you can use an arcane mage to soak, they got iceblock.

I won't comment on the rest of the advice, it was good. Although keep in mind they might not be as experienced with all the specs, and might end up pulling worse DPS although they in theory shouldn't.

the warrior in my raid group saids stance dancing isnt that great anymore, he pulled 37k DPS on ultra w/o stance dancing, i also have a warrior arm spec and tried it in LFR, took all my macros out and tried it, i did 10k more dps then b4....although i left heroic strike on berserker stance.