Page 1 of 25
... LastLast
    The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account

GW2 Release date speculation thread.

Just as the name says! Sorry if there was a thread like this already, I have not seen it. I am extremely excited for this game to come out and the suspense is killing me, so any release date info is greatly appreaciated!
    No flaming/trolling.
    Relevant info only please!

~Thanks!

I would expect us to hear a release date before February 29th.
    And for the release date, I would guess that it would come out by the end of April or the start of May.
    I'm guessing this because the "press beta" most likely means ArenaNet is starting to market the game. If the final reviews of those invited are paired with the release date, a lot more people will hear about the upcoming betas, giving it a diversity of feedback.

Also hype build-up.
    -----------------------------------------------
    (This is my speculation though, so don't count on it.)
    Last edited by Craind; 2012-02-02 at 04:23 AM.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yea isn't the beta going live soon?

---------- Post added 2012-02-01 at 10:07 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Craind View Post
    I would expect us to hear a release date before February 29th.
    And for the release date, I would guess that it would come out by the end of April or the start of May.
    Oh wow! That is quite exciting, that is the window of when I was hoping it would come out. Thank you for making my day :P

This is the current state of where we are:

Mike O'Brian (Anet founder and CEO) - We recently finished our first closed beta test, and we’re now ready to hold progressively larger events. In February we’ll invite select press to participate in beta testing, and in March and April we’ll aggressively ramp up the size of our beta test events so that many of you will have a chance to participate. And of course, this all leads to the release of Guild Wars 2 later this year.
    http://www.arena.net/blog/dragon

Speculation - well, May/June release imo. They said it will be a short beta. I expect we'll hear the release date around the time of the aggressively ramped up beta events.

10+ Year Old Account
    Late April / Early May. Leaning towards April.

Quote Originally Posted by Mif View Post
    You really think it could be that soon? /jigs

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Squirrelbanes View Post
    You really think it could be that soon? /jigs
    I don't see them resting after the open betas, they'll go while hype is at maximum.

15+ Year Old Account
    Yeah I'm also going to say late april or may. Though I would say more than likely they will go for may, just because I want it to come in april. It's how these sort of things tend to work...

I don't see them resting after the open betas, they'll go while hype is at maximum.
    Yh I was thinking the same, ride the marketing momentum train. I think it will be released about a week after the last Beta events.
    ...I just read "and in March and April we’ll aggressively ramp up the size of our beta test events" as being they would continue longer, rather than only being in March/April...because of the "this all leads to the release of Guild Wars 2 later this year." at the end...kinda made it sound like it would be a bit after Mar/Apr.
    If that's not the case...I am suddenly a very bouncy around asura
    Last edited by Squirrelbanes; 2012-02-02 at 05:02 AM.

It's funny how diverse speculation is on GW2Guru. You pretty much have half of them voting for May, a small % voting for April, and then the rest for July ---> December. But here, all I see is April/May/June.

Quote Originally Posted by Craind View Post
    It's funny how diverse speculation is on GW2Guru. You pretty much have half of them voting for May, a small % voting for April, and then the rest for July ---> December. But here, all I see is April/May/June.
    Well, it's totally non-nonsensical to release a long time after a beta like Anet are doing for GW2. It's not ur average beta after all. It's for promotion. Why promote and then let the hype die down?
    Frankly, most ppl on guru will argue about anything tooth and claw just to prove how big their virtual penises are, and enjoy speculating purely because "proving" something far fetched makes them epeen more.

ooh i hope they wait till end of june.
    My finals are going to be really awful if theyrelease it mid may....

Mid-late April is my best guess. No reason to have Beta events a month or more before the release like Squirrelbanes has said.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CenariusTheForestLord View Post
    ooh i hope they wait till end of june.
    My finals are going to be really awful if theyrelease it mid may....
    no no no. my finals are May 11th. Middle of May would be perfect!

Oh goodness i hope so Mif, but i think a little later than that...

Deleted
    I don't think there is a chance for them to release the game in April. I would bet on June or May at the earliest.

Above all, I just hope they will have proper tourney platform for custom events. Else I will look kinda stupid by the end of this year :P.

I'm going for April because I'm and optimistic fan boy but I fear a June release. I don't see it having any possible chance of releasing later than that. Possibly July/August but there would have to be some major issues with the game that we aren't aware of.

Well, taking in consideration they're waiting a HUGE time to go from Closed to Open Beta (March), I would guess somewhere from Sept~Nov.
    - wyrd bið ful aræd -

I know many that couldn't when they should because they didn't want when they could.

Quote Originally Posted by jotad4 View Post
    Well, taking in consideration they're waiting a HUGE time to go from Closed to Open Beta (March), I would guess somewhere from Sept~Nov.
    That isn't a huge time at all. They started close beta in December and are continuing with it through February. March is when they plan to open up beta to the press. You must not know Anet. They use Open Beta for promotion 90% and bug fixes 10% if the game goes into open beta and its being designed by Anet you have a release ready game. In GW1 the beta weekends were only a couple weeks before release.

10+ Year Old Account
    Late April- early may. They wouldn't have open beta be so far away from release.