Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by WarFalcon1 View Post
    The thing is it takes less time and effort to get the PVP gear currently, which is why so many people get PVP gear to start Hardmode Ops. Thats not right.
    Exactly this, and that is probably why they nerf it.

Am I the only one who doesn't see that Bioware has stated they are nerfing top end pvp gear? It says they are looking at ways to close the gap. That could be the creation of a starting pvp set, more cent commendations in champ bags, increasing bag drop rates, increasing bag numbers, buffing cent gear, altering mitigation, restructuring the commendation system, reducing the impact of rng by rebalancing the entire system more around tokens... and so many other things.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrven View Post
    Maybe not the best fix to the crazy bag loot system they have but its something. The ppl that dont pvp awesome are hitting the jackpot with this, while I do think skill should play into a pvp match or anything really, so should time spent setting yourself up for success in those matches.
    Well said, I wholeheartedly agree with you. I think it's important that people who spent time pvping should see that in terms of rewards.

Quote Originally Posted by VincentWolf View Post
    I'd suggest make expertise same on every piece of pvp gear, even lowest tier and only adjust other stats later. And naturally buff expertise to the point when a full centurion geared can wipe the floor with full top tier pve geared player.
    This is actually a really good idea.
    "Loss of blood... My only weakness!"
    ~ Warlord Khan, Magicka

Anyway, if you don't already see where I'm going with this, allow me to spell it out: the only meaningful MMORPG "endgame" -- i.e., something novel to do after the progression process is over -- is that of the sandbox.

Quote Originally Posted by Grable View Post
    Actually, introducing a lvl 50 blue set with 200 expertise that is easily obtainable (lets say for 1000->2000 warzone comms) could work. But I still believe even then we would get rolled by Battlemasters with a lot better expertise (just because they're geared better).
    I agree, the difference between Battlemaster and Champion gear is marginal, perhaps a starter set close to Champion that you could purchase with credits, make with professions (my personal favorite), or even a care package with a partial set to substitute with earned gear right out of the gate. Earning PvP by getting creamed in PvP seems a little too harsh to me, as it was a horrible experience in WoW.

this will serve only to let pve geared scrubs one shot people who spent all efforts to pvp purposes.

Quote Originally Posted by Duncano View Post
    http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=260731

Personally, I'm speechless... I'll think about unsub'in if that happens.
    You'll unsub because the game wants you to do well based on skill rather than gear?

Bye.

Deleted
    I don't like this change, especially with how you still get crappy duplicates. atleast let us purchase whatever we want with some ffa tokens
    rather than a shoe token for a shoe, and get 5 more of them trough their RNG

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kijthae View Post
    this will serve only to let pve geared scrubs one shot people who spent all efforts to pvp purposes.
    No it will not. This will serve to equal the gear between PvP and PvE as currently it is much easier to obtain the PvP gear. Also BioWare stated before release that their intend with PvP/PvE was to make them both usuable in both environments with only a 10% or so difference between them. Right now that is simply not the case.

---------- Post added 2012-02-02 at 11:10 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Tiing View Post
    I don't like this change, especially with how you still get crappy duplicates. atleast let us purchase whatever we want with some ffa tokens
    rather than a shoe token for a shoe, and get 5 more of them trough their RNG
    This indeed sucks, I really hope they fix that issue.

The nerf wouldn't even be necessary if they hadn't removed the blue expertise sets from the game. Now any fresh 50s have a huge gear discrepancy to overcome. Adding back the blue sets would probably be a far more simple solution.

The best solution, in my opinion, would be this:

Level 10-49 Bracket
    Level 50 unrated bracket (gear is normalized, battlemasters same playing field as fresh 50s)
    Level 50 rated bracket (like arena or RBGs in WoW)

You gear up with the unrated bracket, and do rated games with unnormalized gear in the rated bracket. You get a rating, win/loss ratio, ect. You can need an ops group of however many people for that warzone you queue for.

Additionally, the PvP gearing system wouldn't be RNG based and you'd use warzone commendations for the first tier. No more of those tokens.

that's how I'd change the pvp anyway
    Last edited by Larynx; 2012-02-02 at 10:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Larynx View Post
    The best solution, in my opinion, would be this:

Level 10-49 Bracket
    Level 50 unrated bracket (gear is normalized, battlemasters same playing field as fresh 50s)
    Level 50 rated bracket (like arena or RBGs in WoW)

You gear up with the unrated bracket, and do rated games with unnormalized gear in the rated bracket. You get a rating, win/loss ratio, ect. You can need an ops group of however many people for that warzone you queue for.

Additionally, the PvP gearing system wouldn't be RNG based and you'd use warzone commendations for the first tier. No more of those tokens.

that's how I'd change the pvp anyway
    Why would you include the possibility of a difference in gear for the rated bracket? If games are to be rated, it should be based entirely on the skill of the teams, so I say: normalize that one too.

Hm, I wonder if the full rakata PVE gear will be the best for PVP after that nerf.

Quote Originally Posted by Notos View Post
    Why would you include the possibility of a difference in gear for the rated bracket? If games are to be rated, it should be based entirely on the skill of the teams, so I say: normalize that one too.
    It's a compromise between people who want PvP gear progression and those who want it to be fair.

Like it or not, gear progression gives purpose and increases the longevity of something. It gives you a goal. If there was absolutely no gear progression, the game would be dead in a very short time.
    Last edited by Larynx; 2012-02-02 at 10:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by kijthae View Post
    The problem is currently people get PvP equip and use this in endgame PvE. This just feels wrong.

Have a look for example at the PvP Relics, and compare them to the endgame (Artificer crafted, the best existing) relics. Asides from a bit lower Endurance (not mattering to most classes...) there is no difference. They both use the "+380" and the "+235 (in case of two stats)" effects.
    Somebody got a Dark Intent and a Focus Magic for Tarecgosa and me? ;-)

15+ Year Old Account
    So I don't have to be rank 50 before I ding level 50?
    Hmm... but I was just begging to enjoy that

BW should add level 50 armor mods with +30 expertise that are available for 200 WZ commendations through the pvp vendor. This would allow fresh 50s a way to upgrade their 5 pieces of orange armor to 150 expertise. It would also give a little more purpose to all of those boe oranges floating around in this game.

10+ Year Old Account
    MMO battles are determined by gear more than skill. This has been the case in the majority of MMOs since the dawn of the genre. Trying to turn this game into Starcraft is not a good move.

Thank God I'm done with this game.

Quote Originally Posted by MagicSN View Post
    The problem is currently people get PvP equip and use this in endgame PvE. This just feels wrong.

Have a look for example at the PvP Relics, and compare them to the endgame (Artificer crafted, the best existing) relics. Asides from a bit lower Endurance (not mattering to most classes...) there is no difference. They both use the "+380" and the "+235 (in case of two stats)" effects.
    well thats not the official reason for this nerf, if that would be the case they should just increase expertise on the gear and lower the other stats.
    But if they just nerf the pvp gear in general this will mean the rakata gear will be superior and a raid guild can easily steamroll warzones.

I doubt it will happen like that, thats obviously a bad decision.

10+ Year Old Account
    about unsub'in if that happens.
    And so it began. The unsub threats!

@Topic
    We all know its a justified nerf, you saw it coming miles away. Every "guide" will tell you to pvp and that you get better and faster gear by pvping than pveing.
    People take stupidity to a whole new level when they sit in front of a computer.

www.poepra2.com.br Um blog para quem prefere jogos multiplayer.