Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Sounds like your server is rather low pop or something but 27 1/8H guilds and no successful pugs? That's just weird (to me).

Also 4/8 pugging isn't hard at all.

How about joining the some alt10 runs of a big somewhat friendly 25man guild? If you are fully LFR + VP 397s geared then that shouldn't be a problem.
    Obviously you will only raid 1 or 2 maybe nights a week and not 3+. And also you will only ever be in the mediocre progression level and someonetimes the raids might be scrapped.

In the end it's really good usually tho since people know each other and the fight and don't require some silly trial period for easy content.

Sounds like pretty much the worst guild ever, leave

Deleted
    Just leave that scrub guild
    I've done trials where they haven't even tested me, those cases i tell rl this:
    Just give me one raid day, if you dont like what you see, ill leave, but would be a shame to not even find out what im made off ?

So far i'm yet to be denied a spot after my initial run :P

i am gm and rl for my guild. let me put it like this in two parts.

best case scenario for you:
    1. they want you but they cant kick someone else's spot due to guild drama (officer who sucks at playing, RL/GM's girlfriend, someone just like you but they farmed 5 times the amount of stuff you did, etc).
    2. they want you but they arent sure if you are going to stick around. some sort of weird test of character because they had other trials bolt after getting gear, etc.
    3. they want better class comp/token balance, ANYTHING, SOMETHING, i have no clue, but some kind of issue you arent seeing. maybe you have 100% of the information or 1%, we on this forum will never know.

worst case scenario for you:
    1. they saw something in you that screams bad player. maybe they saw you keyboard turn/backpedal/click/use the wrong abilities, etc.
    2. the raid leader isnt very adaptable and sticks to who he is comfortable with. not so much he forgets you, but he just doesnt see you as a regular...thereby always looking for someone else that fits what he has in mind.
    3. you have no chance what so ever in making the raid. they analyzed your metrics (i doubt it, but we talking hypotheticals here) and saw that you just dont mathematically meet the requirements for what they need NOW. personally, when i see one of my raiders 1 standard deviation below the average dps, i have a talk with them and see what is going on with them.

TLDR: the truth imo is between those two scenarios. we are not sure if you got a 'fair shake' in showing your abilities or not, but i will not lie. sometimes small actions scream something. i personally believe you are done. no one forced you into donating. personally i would not accept it from you if i was not going to give you a spot in my raid, but different people are different.

i would say to try to talk with them, but honestly i dont think they will spare you the time. looking at a pure numbers game, why even waste time talking to a social player? you should walk away and join a guild where they are more straight up. we cant be sure if it is you or them, but the fact is: if they were upright leaders, they would be honest with you and/or not accept your donations. really easy: 'thank you for the donations. you are a good guildie. we can put you on the bench, but i just dont think your performance AT THIS TIME is up to the standards for the core team.'

hope that helps bro.

10+ Year Old Account
    You went from trial member to social member... Didn't that ring any alarm bells? In many guilds, once you go from trial to social or whatever term the guild uses for it (mine calls it 'friend' as opposed to 'trial' and 'member'), it's basically "We like you, you can stay as a friend if you want to" but you're not in the raiding team. This basically means that apparently, someone seems to have forgotten to inform you that you kind of failed your trial period or something... if a person can fail at all when they're never taken to raid to check if they are good at raiding...

Weird guild that you're in there, OP.

Edit: Caught up on the thread. Well done, OP. Frankly, it was to be expected that they'd react in such a way, trying to make you feel like YOU were the bad person. I mean, how in the world could you expect to get to raid at all when not farming everything that the 'cool guys' could ever ask for? /sarcasm. Good you've left. No amount of 'friends' made can even out all the negative aspects that you've suffered from in this guild. Were they even friends? Or were they just like the others? A lot of people are nice when they see that they can profit off of someone else.

There are dozens of guilds just looking for decent players who are also willing to contribute some helpful materials every now and then. Find yourself one and raid to your heart's content.
    Last edited by Seriss; 2012-02-02 at 01:55 PM.

Seriously? WTF are you doing in that guild?

Deleted
    You're really getting S2'd by your guild. If I my guild didn't want to provide me with food and flasks for raiding, I would farm them, for myself. Not for the guild! That's so fucking cerebral pares, it's beyond my understanding. Grow some balls, and find another guild.

It's been said several times now in this post that you should either consider refraining from donating any more mats to the guild without either compensation or the active participation in raid, or leave the guild. I don't know your relationship to the social group you do talk to in the guild, but I've seen situations where people pretend to be friendly to others just to keep them interested in staying in a guild they truely don't want to be in. If you came to that guild to raid, you should be raiding. A guild isn't just about accomodating others for the greater good of the community; the community is also there to support you.

Damn i would like you in my guild XD. But seriously, if you are not "skilled" enough to play on the raid team they should atleast just say it and stop using you. If you are good enough, and is just not taken to the raid, leave the guild, or stop donating the mats. If you really like the guild, talk to the GM and the Officer/RL and ask for a little talk with all of them at once. If they don't agree to take you on raid here, or atleast give you a valid reason not to take you, then just screw them.

To everyone saying the entire guild is corrupted i think it is just the GM and RL. This is just from having pst from other officers or mentors (one step below officers) saying it is unfair for you that they didn't give me a chance to raid, but something in writing can mean two different things to two different people. I may have interpreted it differently.

While in vent one night as I was told to come in vent to listen to how they raid during so I understand what is happening in the raid, a member was late and an officer pointed out that I had been online from half hour to before raid and should be given a chance to raid since it was part of the application process. The raid leader simply said no as he didn't want to take a risk on having to people the same in a 10 man team and the composition could completely stuff up the fights. It was just a simply take her to see if she can manage the raid, you can bring the regular back in when they arrive but until then she should at least see the inside of this raid like promised.

"Skill" wise, I think I am average possibly a bit better. I am in no words OMG YOU ARE AMAZING!!! I read strats understand them, go to target dummies and attack them then move every 30 - 40 secs like in raids you may have to to avoid standing in slime or voids ect. When I do target dummies like that my dps is just under 25k, yeah i know its not amazing but when I've learnt this class from purely reading things on the internet, I think its a good effort.

After reading more of your comments:

1- I'm glad you confronted them. Standing up for yourself is always the best way!
    2- Age is sometimes an issue, you mentioned you're 25. Sometimes guilds are suitable with everyone going between 25-40, and you feel more at home. There is hardly any drama and no issues whatsoever. Sometimes you join a guild where the average age is 18-21, which is better than 16, but has a LOT more drama. Its all about finding the suitable age group.
    3- Even glad you left, it didn't sound like a suitable place, specially with the RL going bananas on vent.

But the thing is, probably everyone has been through it at some point or another. I know I've been in bad guilds 5-6 times :P Only good thing is the friends you make while being in a guild for a while. Sometimes they get tired of it too, and join you in another one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Beach-Babe View Post
    To everyone saying the entire guild is corrupted i think it is just the GM and RL. This is just from having pst from other officers or mentors (one step below officers) saying it is unfair for you that they didn't give me a chance to raid, but something in writing can mean two different things to two different people. I may have interpreted it differently.

While in vent one night as I was told to come in vent to listen to how they raid during so I understand what is happening in the raid, a member was late and an officer pointed out that I had been online from half hour to before raid and should be given a chance to raid since it was part of the application process. The raid leader simply said no as he didn't want to take a risk on having to people the same in a 10 man team and the composition could completely stuff up the fights. It was just a simply take her to see if she can manage the raid, you can bring the regular back in when they arrive but until then she should at least see the inside of this raid like promised.

"Skill" wise, I think I am average possibly a bit better. I am in no words OMG YOU ARE AMAZING!!! I read strats understand them, go to target dummies and attack them then move every 30 - 40 secs like in raids you may have to to avoid standing in slime or voids ect. When I do target dummies like that my dps is just under 25k, yeah i know its not amazing but when I've learnt this class from purely reading things on the internet, I think its a good effort.
    Really, knowing the guilds progression would help a lot. If they are mid to deep into heroic modes then your dps might not quite be there and they are justified in wanting better dps. If they raid normal modes and entry level HMs, they are just jerks and you need to GTFO if you want to raid.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Beach-Babe View Post

It's not even a matter of corruption in the leadership. I've seen RLs and GMs like this dozens of times if not more, they're just not good at confrontations and make for bad or mediocre leaders. I'm fairly certain there's no malice towards you unless there's something I'm unaware of - unfortunately with girls in WoW you can never be sure what kind of stupid drama people will decide to invent. But to me it just seems like weak leadership. From your posts I've noticed more than a few things that I recognize as signs of a raid being run sloppily.

If you can do 25k on a dummy with no raid buffs then your DPS is fine for a 1/8 guild, I don't know if your mechanics are fine but neither do they since they won't let you raid. All in all if you want to raid I'd really emphasize that you need to go somewhere else. You can stay friends with people via real ID or have alts left in the guild, or whatever else floats your boat. If you want to actually participate in a raid then this place won't cut it.

Quote Originally Posted by Pikevinge View Post
    Really, knowing the guilds progression would help a lot. If they are mid to deep into heroic modes then your dps might not quite be there and they are justified in wanting better dps. If they raid normal modes and entry level HMs, they are just jerks and you need to GTFO if you want to raid.
    They just downed H Morchok after the nerf. Basically as progressed as a standard pug on good PvE servers, just judging by the fact that the OP bothers to practice on a dummy and read up on fights I'd say s/he can do fine in that raid.
    Last edited by mmocf1640b68b7; 2012-02-03 at 01:30 AM.