10+ Year Old Account
    Palin said of Biden's debate performance that he reminded her "of watching a musk ox run across the tundra with somebody underfoot.”

The hell does that mean?
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

I saw a quote
    "Until 1978, the so-called Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints was an officially racist organization. Mitt Romney was an adult in 1978. We need to know how he justified this to himself, and we need to hear his self-criticism, if he should chance to have one."

Thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by Reeve View Post
    Palin said of Biden's debate performance that he reminded her "of watching a musk ox run across the tundra with somebody underfoot.”

The hell does that mean?
    America, Reeve. It means America.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Reeve View Post

The hell does that mean?
    That Ryan wasn't smart enough to get out of the way and got trampled. =)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Masark View Post
    Basically. Honestly sometimes I think Biden plays the goofy misspeaker just to get everyone to think he's a pushover. Biden knows his shit, that's what that smug smile is all about.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

I find it funny that the impression i got from people talking about Biden before this debate was pretty much a bumbling fool saying things he shouldn't. Or at the very least very passive.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'll still call him Crazy Joe Biden. He was good in the debate, but he still says dumb shit at times.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cattaclysmic View Post
    I find it funny that the impression i got from people talking about Biden before this debate was pretty much a bumbling fool saying things he shouldn't. Or at the very least very passive.
    Kinda makes me think of Emperor Claudius. Everyone thought Claudius was a bumbling foolish old uncle type until Caligula kicked the bucket and he took over. Then he turned out to really know his shit and run the empire surprisingly well.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

10+ Year Old Account
    Formerly of the People's Republic of Illinois
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkacid View Post
    Palin was an awesome choice for VP, McCain was just ran a terrible campaign. McCain should have done more to expose Obama as an empty suit and he didn't.
    You are assuming McCain wanted to win. He didn't. He wanted to run to lose honorably. He will forever be in the good graces of the Washington elites for it. I'm sure he and the Mrs. get all sorts of "cool" party invites now.

Ugh. I'm in a mood. Just got back from 5 awesome days in Grand Cayman.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alexis_de_Tocqueville
    Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience. -CS Lewis

I am Murloc!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Masark View Post
    To be fair, I don't think that anyone could have debated Biden well. He had to come out, be overly aggressive and shoulder Ryan aside to compensate for Obama's perceived weakness in the debate against Romney. Personally, I wasn't a fan of how aggressive Biden was during the debate. Then again, I'd rather have a debate where people actually have a discussion instead of just interrupting each other every two seconds.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KDSwain View Post
    You are assuming McCain wanted to win. He didn't. He wanted to run to lose honorably. He will forever be in the good graces of the Washington elites for it. I'm sure he and the Mrs. get all sorts of "cool" party invites now.

Wait, why did he not want to win? Did the GOP throw the election to let Obama win?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grokan View Post
    Wait, why did he not want to win? Did the GOP throw the election to let Obama win?
    Not the GOP. John McCain. Only he can answer as to why he didn't want to win. If you look at the campaign he ran you can't say it was run to win. I would only call his 2008 campaign "bad" if it was his first. He has run many campaigns and knows how to win. He had no desire to win. He never went after Obama. Never questioned him. He "suspended" his campaign to go back to Washington to do absolutely nothing during the TARP debacle.

Now, if he had run a solid campaign and showed any kind of fire would he have won? I doubt it, but we will never know.
    Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience. -CS Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by Dakia View Post
    Then again, I'd rather have a debate where people actually have a discussion instead of just interrupting each other every two seconds.
    Likewise, I'd rather have a debate where candidate doesn't act like a fucking Etch-a-Sketch, but I can't seem to get that out of Romney.

No one runs for president on a major ticket not to win.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkacid View Post
    Palin was an awesome choice for VP.
    I sometimes forget that there are still people that believe this. Pretty mindboggling, really.

Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    I sometimes forget that there are still people that believe this. Pretty mindboggling, really.
    If she was a bad choice for for vp, what does that make obama? He had less experience than she did.

"No one runs for president on a major ticket not to win."

Why do you think we call him Mcshame.

Quote Originally Posted by chadwix View Post
    If she was a bad choice for for vp, what does that make obama? He had less experience than she did.
    The difference, of course, is that she's blatantly stupid. I understand how and why you're not able to recognize that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by chadwix View Post

"No one runs for president on a major ticket not to win."

Palin is conservative. On the MMO forums that automatically makes her unqualified. Obama is a liberal. That automatically makes him more qualified than any conservative on the MMO forums. You have 1400 posts here. You know the rules. Also a rule here is that you must consider Obama more conservative than Reagan.

McCain is what he is. Not worth wasting another second of my time.

120th on the Illidan-US queue.....
    Last edited by KDSwain; 2012-10-12 at 11:03 PM.

Because lost because people like you created a GOP where in order for a man to win national office he has to appeal to the far pants on head right wing while trying to maintain some semblance of viability among moderates. McCain, a life long moderate, wasn't up to the task. Romney is handling it better by simply changing his position on every issue on a day to day basis. He knows that the right is so desperate in its hatred of Obama that he can promise them the neo conservative moon and then once he gets their money and backing he can pretend he's actually a moderate and no one on the right will think twice.

Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    The difference, of course, is that she's blatantly stupid. I understand how and why you're not able to recognize that.
    Apply Alaska to burned area...

---------- Post added 2012-10-13 at 01:13 AM ----------

Palin is conservative. On the MMO forums that automatically makes her unqualified. Obama is a liberal. That automatically makes him more qualified than any conservative on the MMO forums. You have 1400 posts here. You know the rules. Also a rule here is that you must consider Obama more conservative than Reagan.

McCain is what he is. Not worth wasting another second of my time.

120th on the Illidan-US queue.....
    Yes, it must be because she is a conservative. Thats why we call her mindblowingly stupid. So what is your reason for us not calling McCain, Romney and Ryan stupid - that they arent real conservatives??

If Obama is a Liberal what does that make Jill Stein? Super-Liberal Girl?