Quote Originally Posted by Reeve View Post
    Maybe Houston customs are just nicer? I've also come in via Dulles before, and Miami. Never had an issue.
    According to some random study i googled
    Cincinnati/Northern Kentucky Intl Airport
    Is the best Airport in the US. Its number 24 globally.
    My airport is number 14.

---------- Post added 2012-10-17 at 01:32 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by belfpala View Post
    I'm just going to compare:

Thailand -- Customs agent was annoyed that I wanted my passport stamped.

France -- Customs agent was annoyed that I even stopped to show him my passport.

Switzerland -- Customs agent flat out said he didn't care, I don't have brown skin.

US -- Customs agent detains and strip searches me because he didn't like my t-shirt.

Yup.
    Damn lazy swiss brings the rest of us in danger...

Deleted
    US -- Customs agent detains and strip searches me because he didn't like my t-shirt.
    Pro-tip: Don't wear a t-shirt that says 'Jihad' with a scimitar on it, next time.

Quote Originally Posted by Diurdi View Post
    Pro-tip: Don't wear a t-shirt that says 'Jihad' and has a scimitar on it next time.
    Next you're going to tell me that my "Death to infidels" shirt isn't the best airport attire.

Pro-tip: Don't wear a t-shirt that says 'Jihad' with a scimitar on it, next time.
    Its ok, if he's white its ironic.

I imagine Belf meeting this guy
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_S2wWVGprMQ

Heh. It was a red T from the protests in Geneva in 2003 when the G8 was in Evian, France. It had nothing to do with religion.

Let's all ride the Gish gallop.

Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Its ok, if he's white its ironic.
    unless he has the beard thing going

Quote Originally Posted by smelltheglove View Post
    Well he is of Scandinavian descent - he could be looking like Breivik for all we know!

I can't grow a beard. Damn you, Northern European genes.

Edit: Well, I kind of can. But it's just sideburns, a creepy chin and neck beard and a rapist mustache...
    Last edited by belfpala; 2012-10-16 at 11:44 PM.

If he has a neckbeard I don't care what the TSA is doing to him.

I can't grow a beard. Damn you, Northern European genes.

Edit: Well, I kind of can. But it's just sideburns, a creepy chin and neck beard and a rapist mustache...
    Hey - thats not our fault...

---------- Post added 2012-10-17 at 01:53 AM ----------

Also my neckbeard grows faster than the rest
    I have yet to see myself grow a beard because every time i get it somewhat grown my dad makes me shave it because he "cant have me running around looking like a homeless person while working for him"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by conscript View Post
    I don't see Mitt's religion as being a big deal. I'm surprised it hasn't been brought up more since it is a pretty crazy religion. All religion takes a leap of faith, but some leaps are off the top of a house and some are from the grand canyon. Mormonism is from the top of freaking Everest if you can close your eyes and honestly be okay with one guy reading your religious text off gold tablets only he ever saw. But hey as long as it doesn't influence his decisions anymore than the GOP already bases their entire plan on the Bible, who cares. That reminds me, Ryan essentially said in the debate he has no issue forcing his religious beliefs on others through abortion regulation.

Mormonism used to be racist but now has plenty of black members. I'm not going to fault the guy for the decisions of his religion decades ago. I'd rather fault the guy for constantly changing positions, his absolute blatant refusal to give a single example of a deduction or loophole being closed to somehow balance out his 20% tax cut, his support for abortion legislation, etc. You know, decisions that matter right now, not ones from the 70s.
    I hate Mitt Romney he is a bastard in my opinion. But sir you know absolutely nothing about the Mormon religion.

Quote Originally Posted by Tayace View Post
    I hate Mitt Romney he is a bastard in my opinion. But sir you know absolutely nothing about the Mormon religion.
    Maybe I'm biased because I'm agnostic...

But why should I care about anyone's religion, other than what I think they'll do in office? (Hint: Paul Ryan 100% sealed the deal for me not voting for Romney in the last debate).

I am Murloc!
    15+ Year Old Account
    (Hint: Paul Ryan 100% sealed the deal for me not voting for Romney in the last debate).
    Why? They have stated that they have no intent to change abortion as it currently stands.

This is where somebody says that they can't trust them though.

With this:

Why on earth would you?

And I don't remember Ryan's bit specifically but I do recall him pretty clearly citing religion.

Quote Originally Posted by Dakia View Post
    This is where somebody says that they can't trust them though.
    As recently as August, Paul Ryan has said, "I’ve always adopted the idea, the position, that the method of conception doesn’t change the definition of life." He's as fucking crazy as Akin on that issue.

Mitt? Who knows.

Edit: Yes, an F-bomb. It's like punctuation. Treat it that way, mods.

Deleted
    I think Ryan is a closet Atheist.

I think Ryan is a closet Atheist.
    I don't really think so. His wonkish policy guy image is pretty much just conjured up by campaign officials. His actual history is pretty rife with social conservatism.

10+ Year Old Account
    As recently as August, Paul Ryan has said, "I’ve always adopted the idea, the position, that the method of conception doesn’t change the definition of life." He's as fucking crazy as Akin on that issue.

Mitt? Who knows.

Edit: Yes, an F-bomb. It's like punctuation. Treat it that way, mods.
    How is defining life as life crazy? Personally I think that defining a child conceived by some other method than traditional back-seat action as not alive as a pretty fucking crazy position.
    I don't argue to be right, I argue to be proven wrong. Because I'm aware that the collective intelligence of the community likely has more to offer to me by enlightening me, than I do to an individual by "winning" an argument with them.
    I don't always wear tennis shoes, but when I do, I speak Russian. In French.

Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    I don't really think so. His wonkish policy guy image is pretty much just conjured up by campaign officials. His actual history is pretty rife with social conservatism.
    yeah, but his ayn randian economic beliefs... maybe he has created some bastard child of the 2 ideologies