10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    Who the fuck knows? Everyone told me Romney kicked the shit out of Obama in the first debate, and I didn't see it at all. I saw one guying lying his ass off and the other guy casually dismantling him.
    Obama is dealing with facts. Romney is dealing with hypothetical "we're here, China's here, so lets have a trade war!" If people notice the key difference in how they're speaking, than the truth comes out.

Wow, his response to the auto industry was "I love cars! Lettem go bankrupt!.." and even that wasn't right.

Deleted
    I belive these general topic's shouldn't be included in "recent forums posts" topic.

Seeing this is MMO.. and more to that politics makes me see dreams of murdering someone.(not serious)

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ptwonline View Post
    I missed the first few minutes. Did they already go over the Benghazi stuff?
    Kind of. It started as that on the first question and Romney immediately made it about Iran like a total fucking idiot and let Obama off the hook completely on Benghazi.

Kalyyn, you have no right to get pissy when people don't take hypotheticals seriously.

Romney's been very careful to avoid mentioning that.

For some reason.

Quote Originally Posted by conscript View Post
    Remember, facts don't matter in debates. What wins is attitude and presentation and Romney crushed Obama in those areas in the first debate.
    Yeah, I'm not capable of dissociating myself from facts to the extent that others are. I don't claim that this is a strength of mine. I'm far too shaped by my career and hobbies.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gifu View Post
    I belive these general topic's shouldn't be included in "recent forums posts" topic.

Seeing this is MMO.. and more to that politics makes me see dreams of murdering someone.(not serious)
    There is a settings button right under recent posts where you can remove the general OT forum and others from appearing. Don't blame you. I long ago removed the fun stuff forum to stop seeing constant pony updates.

Quote Originally Posted by stumpy View Post
    Aside from Israel, the concern is that a nuke might find its way into the hands of a terrorist organization.

But even on that score, Pakistan is a much bigger threat. Of the two countries it's far less stable, and it's the only one of the two to actually possess nukes.
    If Iran can hide its "nukes" from the IAEA, I'm pretty certain a terrorist wouldn't find one.

Of course. This has never been in dispute by anyone. There's literally no one in this thread that believes in capping military spending without regard to circumstances.
    Yeah got into an arguement with someone who attacks not cutting military spending thinking me or anybody else means we want to cut spending to $20k/year with one soldier, one tank, and one ship.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think Benghazi was mentioned once.

Kind of. It started as that on the first question and Romney immediately made it about Iran like a total fucking idiot and let Obama off the hook completely on Benghazi.
    In that case Obama probably just sewed up the election. Benghazi was his last stumbling block.

15+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, I'm not capable of dissociating myself from facts to the extent that others are. I don't claim that this is a strength of mine. I'm far too shaped by my career and hobbies.
    Most Americans care more about the Kardashians and the NFL than the facts about politics.

Quote Originally Posted by gifu View Post
    I'll get right on fixing that for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    If Iran can hide its "nukes" from the IAEA, I'm pretty certain a terrorist wouldn't find one.
    Well, they would likely get help from the inside.

Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    No, but one might be "misplaced" into their hands.

I long ago removed the fun stuff forum to stop seeing constant pony updates.
    I still can't follow why that thread isn't banned. The whole fucking thing is a meme reply.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kalyyn, you have no right to get pissy when people don't take hypotheticals seriously.
    Why not? Why are hypothetical questions not valid?

15+ Year Old Account
    Romney loves claiming he is a son of Detroit. Detroit fucking hates Romney. Did he hire someone to ghost write his Op-ed piece that appeared in numerous newspapers? literally titled let Detroit go Bankrupt in which he championed them being torn apart?

Quote Originally Posted by Decagon View Post
    Why not? Why are hypothetical questions not valid?
    If the hypotheticals are not reasonable, then the question/discussion is mostly spurious.

I mean, should we have a discussion about a laser-weilding pegasus aerial assualt? Hmm, well maybe, but not part of a politics discussion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by stumpy View Post
    No, but one might be "misplaced" into their hands.
    The same way the CIA has "misplaced" nuclear weapon technology into Israeli hands?

I don't trust either nation with anything, not even a pointy wooden stick. I expect they'd fight each other if they had to bash their heads together until one of them died of sheer blunt-force trauma.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.