well aint that a bitch

Quote Originally Posted by Daelak View Post

---------- Post added 2012-07-23 at 04:22 PM ----------

Oh wow, I am pretty sure society is getting so much off of you. Give me a break and just advocate for subsidized abortions and birth control.
    It's doesn't matter how much, it only matters is that I don't get any handouts for anything. There is a very typical reaction that differs between those that get nothing out of the deal (but provide the tax money for it) and those that get their loot out of the deal (and didn't contribute much if any).

I've noticed that you have tried being that insulting poster that runs around insulting everyone that you disagree with. Hope that works out for you.

The more you ask of us, the less we are willing to give.

We ask why do you need more and it's "we built you roads omg". When you had nothing to do with it... and Obama had nothing to do with it. He and you don't speak for what our government did in the past. Whatever was provided for people to achieve the lofty level on not needing the government to give them stuff to survive has little to nothing to do with current politicians past them trying to take credit for things they were uninvolved in.
    The most successful tyranny is not the one that uses force to assure uniformity but the one that removes the awareness of other possibilities.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by oblivionx View Post
    It's doesn't matter how much, it only matters is that I don't get any handouts for anything. There is a very typical reaction that differs between those that get nothing out of the deal (but provide the tax money for it) and those that get their loot out of the deal (and didn't contribute much if any).

I've noticed that you have tried being that insulting poster that runs around insulting everyone that you disagree with. Hope that works out for you.

The more you ask of us, the less we are willing to give.

We ask why do you need more and it's "we built you roads omg". When you had nothing to do with it... and Obama had nothing to do with it. He and you don't speak for what our government did in the past. Whatever was provided for people to achieve the lofty level on not needing the government to give them stuff to survive has little to nothing to do with current politicians past them trying to take credit for things they were uninvolved in.
    Conservatives bitch about the underclasses using welfare and food stamp funds from the state and federal governments, but when a effective solution is debated such as subsidized birth control and abortions and sex education, all conservatives cry foul. Don't blame me for the political motivations of the republican party.
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    There is a problem, but I know just banning guns will fix the problem.

Conservatives bitch about the underclasses using welfare and food stamp funds from the state and federal governments, but when a effective solution is debated such as subsidized birth control and abortions and sex education, all conservatives cry foul. Don't blame me for the political motivations of the republican party.
    I don't really complain about those things, I complain when you have decided you are going to save me money by making me pay more of it.
    The most successful tyranny is not the one that uses force to assure uniformity but the one that removes the awareness of other possibilities.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sex ed is already subsidized. You know, being public schools with health courses that teach it.
    Men!

Quote Originally Posted by LilSaihah View Post
    I picked Biden because he may throw Obama into the Death Star's reactor core, restoring balance to the Force.

Now having a ball on SWTOR!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Davendwarf View Post
    Sex ed is already subsidized. You know, being public schools with health courses that teach it.
    Yet were replaced with abstinence only education or outright removed until the 10th grade by states.
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    There is a problem, but I know just banning guns will fix the problem.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yet were replaced with abstinence only education or outright removed until the 10th grade by states.
    which of course we've seen studies and polls that show that just saying: don't have sex! doesn't do jack shit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Being shown pictures of STD infected penises has done a pretty good job keeping me abstinent.
    Men!

Quote Originally Posted by LilSaihah View Post
    I picked Biden because he may throw Obama into the Death Star's reactor core, restoring balance to the Force.

Now having a ball on SWTOR!

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't really complain about those things, I complain when you have decided you are going to save me money by making me pay more of it.
    so when they find a way that cost more in the beginning but gives you more back in the future is bad? its this near sightedness that will lead us nowhere, we have to put in now what we want for the future.

Quote Originally Posted by psdew1813 View Post
    which of course we've seen studies and polls that show that just saying: don't have sex! doesn't do jack shit.
    Last I checked providing sex education, free contraception and free abortions didn't do much either.

Difference is one costs a lot more than the other.

Last I checked providing sex education, free contraception and free abortions didn't do much either.

Actually countries that do that enjoy incredibly low teen pregnancy rates. Its virtually unheard of in parts of Europe.

And I agree, lots of unwanted children do cost more than free condoms and sex ed.

10+ Year Old Account

...not in the long run. giving kids the knowledge and tools to keep them from possibly making life ruining decisions is what saves them and the state money when they don't have to file for state assistance when they don't have the money to care for a child. this isn't fucking rocket science.

Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Actually countries that do that enjoy incredibly low teen pregnancy rates. Its virtually unheard of in parts of Europe.

And I agree, lots of unwanted children do cost more than free condoms and sex ed.
    What does that have to do with America?

But yah the threat of how much money all those unwanted children are going to cost me has little to do with how much it's going to cost me. Everytime the dems roll out this line of debate it's always raise taxes so we can save $$$. They never save the $$$ and are back looking for more money next time around.

---------- Post added 2012-07-23 at 09:38 PM ----------

...not in the long run. giving kids the knowledge and tools to keep them from possibly making life ruining decisions is what saves them and the state money when they don't have to file for state assistance when they don't have the money to care for a child. this isn't fucking rocket science.
    So you claim.

But rocket science can't explain how poor people living on the federal dole keep making decision that create a new generation of people on the federal dole either. However common sense allows for a simple explanation, that those "breaking new ground for a new project" tend to vote one way, if you can offer enough bribes to get them to vote.

You claimed X doesn't do much. I pointed to instances where X has in fact, done very much.
    But yah the threat of how much money all those unwanted children are going to cost me has little to do with how much it's going to cost me. Everytime the dems roll out this line of debate it's always raise taxes so we can save $$$. They never save the $$$ and are back looking for more money next time around.
    Costs are unavoidable here. You either pay to prevent unwanted pregnancy or you pay in depressed economic activity and increased burdens on social nets.

Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    You claimed X doesn't do much. I pointed to instances where X has in fact, done very much.

Costs are unavoidable here. You either pay to prevent unwanted pregnancy or you pay in depressed economic activity and increased burdens on social nets.
    No you pointed out how Y has in fact, done very much.

10+ Year Old Account
    it has to do with the fact that since it can work there, there is no reason it cant work here....

you're going to have to show or at least get into more detail where that has happened exactly.

15+ Year Old Account
    /notserious

forced semi-sterilization. Girls are provided, free of charge, mandatory removal of their eggs. These eggs are stored for them, free of charge, by the government. If someone wants to get pregnant they have to go and get their eggs retrieved, inseminated, and reinserted (or however it would work)

Bam, accidental pregnancy solved.

I suppose you could also do the same thing with boys instead or in conjunction
    Theron/Bloodwatcher 2013!

Quote Originally Posted by Alsompr View Post
    Teasing, misdirection. It's the opposite of a spoiler. People expect one thing? BAM! Another thing happens.

I'm like M. Night fucking Shamylan.

10+ Year Old Account
    ....what. great rebuttal there

....what. great rebuttal there
    Yah if I posted the same exact rebuttal on a finnish forum would it have been as effective?

So countries that have extensive sex ed programs, free or almost free birth control and liberal abortion laws are not examples of those programs working? It seems like you're being deliberately obtuse on this one.