Quote Originally Posted by Dacien View Post
    It's just hyperbole. You really can't be pro-life anymore without being labeled "anti-woman". You can't be against forcing health insurers to provide contraception without being labeled anti-woman.

It's just, the left sometimes really attacks the shit out of the right and nobody bats an eye, but Limbaugh calls a law student a slut and suddenly it's an outrage. Where was this kind of outrage and calls for boycott when liberal commentator Ed Schultz called Laura Ingram a "right-wing slut" and a "talk slut"?
    I would assume Rush has a bigger following and gets more attention. Also, Laura Ingram is a gender traitor and deserved it.

I think the left's problematic social prejudices are well-hidden behind all of the fashionable, empty, brainless celebrations of Vaginas and Culture in contrast to the good old fashioned racism/sexism that still pervades neoconservatism. Their bullshit is built on a shaky foundation of second wave feminism, cultural relativism/multiculturalism (I'm so sorry Muslims), demonization of phantoms (privilege, "the patriarchy") and other moldy postmodernist imprecisions. I think it's just a matter of time.

Deleted
    "Gender traitor"?

Say wut.

10+ Year Old Account
    Let's talk about the degrees of hypocrisy. When a liberal commentator calls a woman a slut, nobody even hears about it. No online movement for boycott, no Twitter campaign, none of that. But when a conservative commentator calls a woman a slut, suddenly it's massively offensive and evil and misogynistic and he must be put off the air for good. What this tells people who take a step back to look at it all, is these people really don't give a flying **** about the slur, they don't. They care that they have something to point to as a reason to take down someone who thinks and talks in a way they don't like.
    this is very true and a valid point. What I was getting at though was people using it as justification for their side doing the same evil. I beleive that both left and right commentators should be delt with the same way when it comes to a verbal attack. Both sides deserve to have their asses fired.
    I think that this happens because people (read: humans of both left and right) demonize the right wing pundits for holding such extreme illogical beliefs and being incapable of rational debating. either way, Its not good for anyone to do that kind of stuff. >.>

note: I do not know of the situation you are refering to, so if you could toss me in the right direction so that I may read about this
    Last edited by Rakeer; 2012-03-07 at 12:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Diurdi View Post
    "Gender traitor"?

Say wut.
    Have fun: http://skeptifem.blogspot.com/2011/0...r-traitor.html

Herald of the Titans
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ptwonline View Post
    Here's an article written by a conservative (David Frum) talking about Rush and in particular your argument that "the left is doing it too".

http://www.cnn.com/2012/03/05/opinio...html?hpt=po_r1
    I never meant to imply that Rush should be given a pass because the left is doing it too.. what I'm tired of is when the left does it.. it gets ignored and swept under the rug.. seriously.. here is a great example of the hypocracy..

neither side should get a free pass on saying stupid inappropriate things.. but I would sure like to see equal treatment..
    the most beautiful post I have ever read.. thank you Dr-1337 http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...1#post22624432

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ishootblanks View Post
    neither side should get a free pass on saying stupid inappropriate things.. but I would sure like to see equal treatment..
    Equal treatment by whom? The liberal stations whining about liberal talking heads being idiots? Right, that's gonna happen. I mean really when's the last time you tuned in to any remotely conservative station? They're whining about it all the time. Talk to some conservative folks, they'll tell you that Rush is spot on and Olberman is a jackass.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

Quote Originally Posted by Rakeer View Post
    note: I do not know of the situation you are refering to, so if you could toss me in the right direction so that I may read about this
    Here's an article. Happened last year. A lot of people never even heard about it.

http://dailycaller.com/2011/05/25/un...ght-wing-slut/

10+ Year Old Account
    Here's an article. Happened last year. A lot of people never even heard about it.

Ed apologized. Ingrahm accepted the apology. it being a sincere apology ( or sincere enough).
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/0..._n_867308.html

however Limbaugh, did not apologize, he flitted around the words and took no responsibility for his actions ( surprise?).
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/michae...b_1325000.html
    He would rather blame the left. right, and everyone who does not agree with him, than actually say "I am sorry for defacing your name and character" to the woman.
    the only person who accepted his apology was a conservative columnist who has nothing to do with the situation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Let's talk about the degrees of hypocrisy. When a liberal commentator calls a woman a slut, nobody even hears about it. No online movement for boycott, no Twitter campaign, none of that.
    Logically, you have to ask yourself:

Who is letting it slide in this situation?

Quote Originally Posted by smrund View Post
    Equal treatment by whom? The liberal stations whining about liberal talking heads being idiots? Right, that's gonna happen. I mean really when's the last time you tuned in to any remotely conservative station? They're whining about it all the time. Talk to some conservative folks, they'll tell you that Rush is spot on and Olberman is a jackass.
    I think Olbermann is a jackass, but he's often right. Rush? My god. My biggest beef though is that he says outrageous things that are demonstrably false, but then people say "he's just an entertainer" to rationalize it. But the rest of the time they say "he's right!" and suddenly the "just an entertainer" bit is completely ignored.

---------- Post added 2012-03-07 at 01:33 AM ----------

Reason why no one heard about it is:

a) He's small potatoes especially compared to Limbaugh
    b) It was nowhere nearly as extreme as what Limbaugh said. Remember, Rush didn't just call her a slut. He went on for several days in a row with more and more outlandish things, such as demanding video tapes of her having sex.
    c) Schultz gave a real apology, and was disciplined. Rush has not given a real apology (he actually doubled down on his slander), nor has he been officially reprimanded in any way.

Quote Originally Posted by TechnoKronic View Post
    Ed apologized. Ingrahm accepted the apology. it being a sincere apology ( or sincere enough).
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/0..._n_867308.html

however Limbaugh, did not apologize, he flitted around the words and took no responsibility for his actions ( surprise?).
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/michae...b_1325000.html
    He would rather blame the left. right, and everyone who does not agree with him, than actually say "I am sorry for defacing your name and character" to the woman.
    the only person who accepted his apology was a conservative columnist who has nothing to do with the situation.
    He did apologize for his language. "Those two words were inappropriate. They were uncalled for. They distracted from the point that I was actually trying to make, and I again sincerely apologize to Ms. Fluke for using those two words to describe her." - Rush Limbaugh

Apparently Ms. Fluke refused the apology? I'm not sure about that.
    Last edited by Dacien; 2012-03-07 at 02:05 AM.

Sorry if this sounds silly, but what's the general opinion of Republicans in America, regarding legalization of weed?

*I mean the ones running for president.

Quote Originally Posted by Archangel Tyrael View Post
    Sorry if this sounds silly, but what's the general opinion of Republicans in America, regarding legalization of weed?

*I mean the ones running for president.
    Romney is a no-go. Paul wants the states to decide. Not sure on Gingrich or Santorum, though I'd wager Santorum is a no-go too.

Romney is a no-go. Paul wants the states to decide. Not sure on Gingrich or Santorum, though I'd wager Santorum is a no-go too.
    Can the states just ''choose for themselves'' on this matter?

Can the states just ''choose for themselves'' on this matter?
    Paul's aim is to let the States decide a lot of things on their own. It's kind of seen as a radical philosophy by many, to be honest. He wants to reduce the Federal Government and give power to the states to decide matters for themselves.

Paul's aim is to let the States decide a lot of things on their own. It's kind of seen as a radical philosophy by many, to be honest. He wants to reduce the Federal Government and give power to the states to decide matters for themselves.
    I understand, but as it stands today, is that possible in America? To let the States do that? Wouldn't you guys need some kind of radical reforms for that?

I understand, but as it stands today, is that possible in America? To let the States do that? Wouldn't you guys need some kind of radical reforms for that?
    Situations like this already exist. The federal government either gets out of the way or it doesn't. California has legalized medical marijuana, but it's against federal law. So we typically have periods where the federal government says, "Yeah, okay, we'll just look the other way. Whatever," contrasted with periods of crackdowns. So it seems like just a matter of enforcement.

However, I'll be honest: I don't know the Constitution well enough to give an accounting of how federal law supercedes state law, and what would need to happen, if anything, to change that.

Dacien delivers, as always

Thank you for the information !

Hopefully this will be a good year for America, with the arrival of a (possible) new President !

Every time Santorum says "Steubenville" (where he's holding his victory rally) I swear he's saying "Stupidville".

Quote Originally Posted by ptwonline View Post
    Every time Santorum says "Steubenville" (where he's holding his victory rally) I swear he's saying "Stupidville".
    Not that my opinion matters, but Santorum makes me cringe in madness