10+ Year Old Account
    Joe the Bully

Aww poah widdle Wyan got beat up by big bad Joe Biden!!
    When survival is the goal, it's into the spider hole!

Quote Originally Posted by Beavis View Post
    And it starts

The Bully vs the Wonk
    I really don't understand why anyone calls Ryan a "wonk". Wonks have numbers and specifics.

I am Murloc!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Felya420 View Post
    Are you telling me, you did not see top of Ryan's head pop open to reveal a small nuclear explosion? Unless I've been watching loony toons instead of the debates, it was clear when Ryan got destroyed, because Biden made that Beep Beep sound and ran off into the horizon.
    I'll wait for further, and better informed, analysis before I jump to conclusions on who won the debate. Since I was raiding at the time, about the the only thing that I noticed was how much Biden loved to interrupt Ryan and act like a petulant child.

Quote Originally Posted by FusedMass View Post
    Biden was top gunner, blasting away at ryan's expensive over priced ships. Cutting them like butter one by one he shot through them. Say Mitt won the debate. Well we got Biden. What does that say. Paul was an unprepared school boy who looked lost. Biden was the man who hammered the truth. This is a sign, things are changing.
    Great. Are you electing Biden or Obama?

What I have noticed so far from conservatives is almost a complete lack of commentary on the substance. So far all it seems to be is complaints about the moderator and complaints that Biden was too rude to Ryan.

I am Murloc!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    What I have noticed so far from conservatives is almost a complete lack of commentary on the substance. So far all it seems to be is complaints about the moderator and complaints that Biden was too rude to Ryan.
    Deja vu from last debate.

10+ Year Old Account
    I really don't understand why anyone calls Ryan a "wonk". Wonks have numbers and specifics.
    It's all about the yardstick. When you're still harping on supply side this long after mainstream economics has thrown it on the ash heap, anybody who uses anything approaching numbers has got to be a wonk.
    When survival is the goal, it's into the spider hole!

10+ Year Old Account
    Biden was top gunner, blasting away at ryan's expensive over priced ships. Cutting them like butter one by one he shot through them. Say Mitt won the debate. Well we got Biden. What does that say. Paul was an unprepared school boy who looked lost. Biden was the man who hammered the truth. This is a sign, things are changing.
    Somewhere around Biden beating up the truth as Thor and being happy about a change, you lost me.

Quote Originally Posted by Dakia View Post
    Deja vu from last debate.
    Really? Because the biggest complaint from the left was that Romney said a lot of stuff that was factually incorrect. Seems pretty substance based to me.

10+ Year Old Account
    That means Biden won.

Quote Originally Posted by Beavis View Post
    He's got that thousand yard stare. You know there's something going on in that crazy brain.
    Ed Munster fell for the sleepy grandpa trick. LOL
    "If you want to control people, if you want to feed them a pack of lies and dominate them, keep them ignorant. For me, literacy means freedom." - LaVar Burton.

I am Murloc!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Really? Because the biggest complaint from the left was that Romney said a lot of stuff that was factually incorrect. Seems pretty substance based to me.
    I'm going to wait until at leas the next business day to comment about substance, once the fact checking organizations have a chance at everything, but the complains were largely the same. Someone was rude, someone interrupted, the moderator was weak, etc, etc. Largely the same, if you ask me.

Somewhere around Biden beating up the truth as Thor and being happy about a change, you lost me.
    You don't need to understand. The people understand. Paul Ryan is a train wreck and Biden pulled the needle.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm going to wait until at leas the next business day to comment about substance, once the fact checking organizations have a chance at everything, but the complains were largely the same. Someone was rude, someone interrupted, the moderator was weak, etc, etc. Largely the same, if you ask me.
    Who said that the last debate had someone who was rude, someone interrupted, the moderator was weak?

Err no. No one is saying the moderator was weak.

10+ Year Old Account
    You don't need to understand. The people understand. Paul Ryan is a train wreck and Biden pulled the needle.
    You got me, I'm Zurglog from planet Gixval and am not a people.

I am Murloc!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Who said that the last debate had someone who was rude, someone interrupted, the moderator was weak?
    The statement was far less literal than you, and others, are taking it. Think of it more as a rambling of excuses, not a direct defense of either candidate.

For the record, I never made any such claims from the prior debate. I largely steer clear of in depth analysis on debates as there isn't usually much substance. It is mostly a lot of bluster. It is pretty apparent that the substance of this debate was that Biden had to come out and do his push to push Ryan over a cliff to compensate for the last debate. Personally, I think he was overly aggressive to the point of being annoying an obvious. Though, I was thinking the same of Romney last debate. Have a discussion, not an interruption contest for the love of God.

You got me, I'm Zurglog from planet Gixval and am not a people.
    Frankly, I find myself amazed that I even reply to him anymore. I can't decide if the absurdity is sincere or facade.

10+ Year Old Account
    The statement was far less literal than you, and others, are taking it. Think of it more as a rambling of excuses, not a direct defense of either candidate.
    So, when you say it's all the same, you simply don't mean anything at all? What excuses did the last debate have?

I must go back, once more, to the quote about him being what a stupid person thinks a smart person looks like. Perhaps Ryan's actually wonkish by nature, but he sure isn't showing it during this election cycle. He is, however, presenting the image of what some people think policy expertise looks like.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chonogo View Post
    I'd offer a correction, as a pro-choice guy.

We don't side with the mother, we side with the "it's none of my fucking business".

Eh, one minor difference. I'm pro-choice, but it is my business if I'm paying for it.

Deleted
    Even though I'm not from USA. do you get the feeling nothing will really change who ever you vote for? Was a good watch though better then the obama/romney 1