Democrats, don't get too cocky. The Republicans still get roughly 50% of the vote, and for the next election I expect them to be just as crazy BUT also with Marco Rubio (for OPrez or at least VP) and a stronger support for helping illegal immigrants become citizens. With that combo they'll be able to get a decent-sized chunk of Hispanic voters and with that could take a few states back.

Assuming he maintains sanity (0/2 recently there with the GOP) I could be ok with President Rubio.

Quote Originally Posted by ptwonline View Post
    Democrats, don't get too cocky. The Republicans still get roughly 50% of the vote, and for the next election I expect them to be just as crazy BUT also with Marco Rubio (for OPrez or at least VP) and a stronger support for helping illegal immigrants become citizens. With that combo they'll be able to get a decent-sized chunk of Hispanic voters and with that could take a few states back.
    I'm okay with Republicans making some gains if they're doing so by being less utterly terrible.

I maintain the next GOP Candidate is Chris Christie.

Quote Originally Posted by stumpy View Post
    I'm okay with Republicans making some gains if they're doing so by being less utterly terrible.
    But they could still be the party of "legitimate rape" and win by that little shift to court Hispanics. That's the problem.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by obdigore View Post
    I have my doubts there. He stabbed Romney in the back pretty hard this week. Rubio is the most likely candidate imo, but the GOP still needs to dump the religious crazies.

I won't be at all surprised of Republicans take office in 2016.

I'm betting on Rubio over Christie because A) Rubio is hispanic and the GOP really needs work there and B) He sells better. He looks nice and he speaks smoothly. Christie looks like Danny Devito's rendition of The Penguin.

10+ Year Old Account
    One of Christie's redeeming qualities (at least, to me) is that he isn't afraid to sugar coat things. We'll see how the rest of his governorship plays out.

Quote Originally Posted by obdigore View Post
    Only if the field is bad again. I suspect Christie won't have the discipline to keep his cool for an entire extended Primary and he'll lose his temper and blow his chances. Of course with the Republicans these days if he loses his temper and tries to bully everyone he might get MORE votes, but of course that will turn off the moderates he will need in the general election.

Quote Originally Posted by stumpy View Post
    I was about to say something similar. Hopefully they recognize it and try to make changes.
    But they could still be the party of "legitimate rape" and win by that little shift to court Hispanics. That's the problem.
    Well, he at least lost his seat...so that's good news.

I'm not jumping for joy because I knew Obama would win. Still I am happy.

Rubio with Cristie as his running mate is a decent possibility.

Quote Originally Posted by Erenax View Post
    One of Christie's redeeming qualities (at least, to me) is that he isn't afraid to sugar coat things. We'll see how the rest of his governorship plays out.
    I think you have that backwards. I think you meant to say that he won't sugar coat things.

of course, there's an obvious joke in there...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Defengar View Post
    Rubio with Cristie as his running mate is a decent possibility.
    I think you'd want a vice president that is less likely to die of heart attack any moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Diurdi View Post
    I think you'd want a vice president that is less likely to die of heart attack any moment.
    Plus I get the feeling that Christie isn't the type to play second fiddle.

Besides, does the name Dick Cheney ring a bell? Not even God could kill that bugger.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think you have that backwards. I think you meant to say that he won't sugar coat things.

of course, there's an obvious joke in there...
    Yeah sorry, a little tired today. I'm all for having a fat President.

Personally, and her Congressional race is still really close, but I'd prefer Mia Love over Christie (as a VP).
    Last edited by Naxere; 2012-11-07 at 06:48 AM.

Stop. Stop. Stop.

Am I allowed to gloat now?

Yup. Fuck all y'all.

Let's all ride the Gish gallop.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by belfpala View Post
    Stop. Stop. Stop.

Am I allowed to gloat now?

Yup. Fuck all y'all.
    Our state seems terrible at counting votes. Polls closed at 8:00pm and they're still not done with counting votes (at 01:00am). I want to know how the two amendments went plus Bachmann's race.

Quote Originally Posted by Erenax View Post
    Our state seems terrible at counting votes. Polls closed at 8:00pm and they're still not done with counting votes (at 01:00am). I want to know how the two amendments went plus Bachmann's race.
    Bachmann won.